• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's Melbourne BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, April 05, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Schriefer

Nice to know you will continue this building, it's very beautiful!

seraf

You of course know that it looks marvelous, right? ;)

reddonquixote

Oh dear, I just got the 'more than 90 days' warning.. has it really been that long??  :o

Well I finally got some time to work out the SC4PIM editor, not that it was that difficult in the end, shame on me for taking so long!

...and the result is a new upload from me, of a very old BAT.

Please check it out, and let me know if any issues especially seeing as my first time on the PIM  ;D

The other good news (hopefully :thumbsup: ) is that while I've been very busy with RL, I haven't been totally idle. I've been busy beavering away exporting many, many BATs that have been languishing on my hard drive for a very long time, so hopefully some more uploads on the way soon!

Thanks for all the previous nice comments, apologies for taking so long to acknowledge them  ()stsfd()
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

matias93

Welcome to the future, now we have likes!

The building is looking amazing, at night I'll have enough time to check if the PIM-X modding worked, but I'm sure that's ok too.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

eggman121

Great to see you back reddonquixote  :thumbsup:

Hope everything has been going well!

I am currently apart from NAM stuff working on some Grade Separation Models for the various grade separations that are happening around Melbourne.

I wonder if I could learn some Night Lighting in Gmax from you!  ::)

-eggman121

tomvsotis

Wow, I'm a Melburnian ex-pat living in New York, and these make me legitimately homesick. They're remarkably true to life. Beautiful work, reddonquixote!

APSMS

reddonquixote (may I use your name here?),

Nice to see you around. Hopefully RL is going OK, even if you are busy. Don't be a stranger!

And what a nice surprise, too. My thoughts when I saw the upload was first ()what() and then :bnn: so I was pleasantly surprised.

Look forward to seeing what other surprises you have cooked up for us. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

kelis

Thanks for the new building my friend !! I hope you can finish the building from Osaka too  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

You are crazy! Your buildings are fabulous! &apls :o

reddonquixote

You may have seen, I've just uploaded another BAT, this time my updated version of Rialto Towers. Using SC4PIM again, so please let me know if any issues with the modding.

You may recall I did promise to release the smaller shops as separate buildings - I have already done all the exporting I just need to do the prop modding, so please be patient they are coming soon  :thumbsup:

Matias - thankyou. Likes are a great addition to the site!
Thankyou Stephen - yes, been a very busy year so far but all is well. I don't know whether I can really help with GMAX.. I tried it a very long time ago when I was first starting out, ironically I gave up because I didn't like the nightlights! (Hence changed to 3ds MAX.) There used to be some good tutorials on Simtrop, assume they are still there
Tomvsotis - NYC, living the dream!  &apls Thanks for stopping by and your nice comments
APSMS - Yes, you may use my name  :D I didn't mean to be a stranger.. I was still lurking around occasionally even if not actively participating! Hope to stay around for a little while longer. Thanks  ;D
Thankyou Kelis - I had to pause the Osaka building it was too new and I couldn't get many references for it.. maybe there's been some more now, I'll check it out. Thanks for the reminder  :thumbsup:
Thanks 000, I appreciate it very much! and yes... definitely crazy!!  $%Grinno$%

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

reddonquixote

I've been on a roll this morning but that's probably enough for one day  ;D

I've uploaded:
530 Collins Street
The Capita Building (459 Collins Street) (new!)
PWC Tower (new!)

Hope you like them  :thumbsup:

simangel

Great to see the Legend back in action, we have missed your Amazing creations!.

art128

New stuff yay! Though i won't be using them as they won't fit my project, it's still incredible modeling work. Nice!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Mikey Knox

Very nice, but sadly, all your new Buildings dont work with the DAMN, only getting empty Lot Preview and then CDT when plopping.

reddonquixote

Quote from: Mikey Knox on October 09, 2016, 03:44:14 AM
Very nice, but sadly, all your new Buildings dont work with the DAMN, only getting empty Lot Preview and then CDT when plopping.

Is that fixable? - does anyone know what I need to do?  ()sad()

Mikey Knox

I dont know that sry, i use hundreds of Files with DAMN, all working fine, but from Time to Time i get this "Bug". There are very few of those though (i encountered only 20-30 lots who dont work).

APSMS

Mikey, are you using Yild's DAMN Manager, or the SSPTool?

IIRC there is a bug in the DAMN Manager that causes some lots to experience CTD when selecting, particularly when the lots are hidden from the menus.

Not sure why, or if this is the case here. FWIW I can't get the DM to open on my computer, so I am unable to check this out properly.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

reddonquixote

So 3 more uploads from me this weekend  ;D

1) Crown Metropol
2) 500 Collins Street
3) Oaks on Collins

Now, as it turns out, Oaks on Collins was my 39th BAT, which means I'm obligated to do something special for my 40th BAT  ::)

Hope you enjoy these new uploads.

twalsh102

So, 8 absolutely fantastic buildings in less than 16 days. 

Are these new BATs or older unpublished ones that have found the light of day?

If the former, you must have cloned yourself to accomplish all this.  And since managing all those clones can't be cheap, let us know where we can contribute to your pizza and caffeine fund. 

If the latter, give your hard drive a few more shakes, so some more great buildings will rise to the surface!

Whichever it is, can't wait to see what your 40th BAT turns out to be!  Please keep these beautiful buildings coming!

art128

Oaks on Collins just won a place in my downtown. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog