• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MushyMushy

I can probably make some European-styled trucks, but I'll need to wait a bit first. They'll have to be made from scratch since European trucks differ so greatly from American ones, and these two truck models put together probably took 4 hours already (although part of that is because I haven't done any work with American semi trucks in 3DS yet). European ones are definitely on my list, though.

After this showcase I'll probably just start posting these strictly on my BAT thread since it doesn't seem right for me to clog up Simmer's thread with other images.  :D
That aside, Simmer is right, I'm just modeling new pipes from scratch in 3DS max to replace the old nbvc set (which was made in gmax), not FSH editing. It is possible, however, to achieve some pretty good looking results with FSH editing if I recall (didn't someone try that with bridges or something? Was is it vortext? I don't remember).

So this is the first example of "looping" pipes that I noticed before Simmer posted a more complete list of problems that original set has, which I will also attempt to fix, of course:

So in addition to providing all of the original overpass pieces, I made some new ones (see if you can spot them) to greatly increase the versatility of the pieces (also, truck colors!):

dyoungyn

Love the pipes and support braces with details such as maintenance bridges/paths.  I say again, does look much better and more realistic.  Ya, maybe a little cluttered with the yellow support braces and paths, but that is what makes them look even better.

Great job.

Simmer2

Phenomenal  &apls

MushyMushy you have mail.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Vizoria

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD is that good!

If Bipin is the king of industrial grunge then MushyMushy is the queen of industrial grunge.

This may seem like crazy talk but what about diagonal pipelines? Giving Simmer2's lotting wizardry I'm sure he can create diagonal pipelines to fit in for oil ports and also maybe a separate version for more natural areas, perhaps with diagonal transparent textures?

vester

Wow, GREAT work, MushyMushy!!!

The U-turns is there for a reason, to take the extensions due to the differences in temperature, from day to night, summer to winter.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

metarvo

Oh my, you're on fire!  ;D  Those overpasses will be a welcome addition.  Excellent job, MushyMushy! 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

APSMS

@MushyMushy, if you keep this up, you're gonna have to open up a BAT thread here, too!

Will you be releasing these props in HD, as you renders suggest?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Gugu3

FrankU

Fantastic work, MushyMushy!
Much better than any pipe set we have until now.

Indiana Joe

So grungy I can hear Nirvana playing in the background  &apls

Simmer2

Thank you all for the kind words!
I'm in the process of testing out Mushy's amazing models and we have been sharing notes in order to achieve the best possible outcome.

While we wait for things to cook properly, I have been busy creating a texture set for 2 other projects I have had in mind for quite some time.

A set of RRW STR transit enabled mini train yards, to be placed along rail routes and a fully loaded rail served metal junkyard.

Examples
Mini train yard1

Metal scrapyard example

Cheers, Simmer2/Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

art128

Scrapyard pic 2 is from a model network isn't it? :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

MushyMushy your models are fantastic!!! I'm looking forward to seeing them on Simmer2's lot!  :popcorn:
I have the impression that grime is slowly conquering Simcity...  :D

Simmer2

Here is one those STR mini yards, almost done.

These type of small rail yards dots the country side and they are used for train cars parking and when small repairs, such as air brakes, oil leak repairs and emergency axle replacement is required.

I plan to release 2 versions, both in RRW STR format.

Keep in mind that its still work in progress.

A few pics. (In one of them you can see a crew repairing an oil tanker train car)

Jack_wilds

:thumbsup:

exciting use of texture

romualdillo

I think it already looks exactly like the first two pictures, good job!!  :thumbsup:

art128

Looks cool. There are some pickup props in WMP props I believe that would look really nice as an utility truck for such settings.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

heartless

Nick,

Epic work here, just outstanding!

The rail/scrapyard/junkyard definitely gets my vote, Sir.

Hopefully replete with the junk cars, various sheds, and maintenance out buildings, and the scrap piles as depicted within the photo references. MMPs would be beautiful regarding this.

Thanks so much for your hard work, its very appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting, whilst drooling!  &apls

ps.

Mushy Mushy's addendums are stellar as well.

Though I may differ a bit from most, I'd simply love it, were you to go forward with the heavily dilapidated pipe set.
They'd a very welcome addition as well.

Shark7

This just gets better and better.  &apls

Out of curiosity, will the mini yards have any capacity, or are they just eye candy?

And a metal salvaging yard?  A nice big one?  Yeah, that will be a must download for me.  ;D