• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Show us your CAM Cities

Started by RippleJet, August 02, 2007, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow_prophet

Wow am i ever envious.  $%Grinno$%

Not once has the Taipei lite building ever grown in my city nor the WTC buildings.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong...

A200

Quote from: BarbyW on November 18, 2007, 12:56:25 AM
The CO$$$13 Will Trans is one of dusktrooper's early buildings found here http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=2543. The model is WLTRNSCRP-0x5ad0e817_0x2d2d42d9_0x500000.SC4Model and not the later version.

Thanks for that  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Shadow_prophet on November 18, 2007, 05:00:47 AM
Wow am i ever envious.  $%Grinno$%

Not once has the Taipei lite building ever grown in my city nor the WTC buildings.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong...

Well make sure you have it zoned correctly, 5x5 lots, just zone 5x5 and hit "ctrl" and voila!

Of course, you need the demand for it...

RippleJet

Quote from: A200 on November 18, 2007, 01:03:28 PM
Well make sure you have it zoned correctly, 5x5 lots, just zone 5x5 and hit "ctrl" and voila!

Of course, you need the demand for it...

And some sort of luck as it seems...

During beta testing we tried to get the WTC to grow for months... and nothing...
then suddenly, MAS71 had three of them growing, and the next week seven more of them...

Obviously you can't expect to have just one of them! :D

Pat

hmm it seems once you get one then the rest follow's suit... Thank my luckie stars i havent gotten one yet lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

A200

I am making a new commercial hub, and theres space for tallies (correct zoning), parks, fire stations, water and trees, but none!!! O.O theres heaps of demand too

Shadow_prophet

Ironically right after A200's post, one WTC building finally popped out of nowhere. Except its just one  :-[... only one.

Stubborn buggers aren't they...

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

MAS71

Hi all of good mayors in CAM's cities  :)
and
Ripplejet san, I'm sorry to I don't able to come this forum well. :-[

There are really wonderful CAM's cities everyone !!  &apls &apls
I'm very fun to able to seen many wonderful CAM's cities of the world. :D

@Shadow_prophet
Quote from: Ripplejet sanDuring beta testing we tried to get the WTC to grow for months... and nothing...
then suddenly, MAS71 had three of them growing, and the next week seven more of them...
Yes, Exactry!!  :thumbsup:
WTC will appears suddenly !  :o
Please never giveup and keep construct some cities !!
however, I did laugh when seven WTC buildings appear at a time.  :D
You will have big achievement feeling when you see WTC in your city.  ;)
Good luck !!

pkremer

Hi! This is my first post of my CAM city. It is not massive yet, but as it gets that way, I'll post more. I tend to play NYC style with a grid and heavy mass transportation. The CAM is allowing me to play that way for real! :)

pkremer

I also like the little park I created for the downtown area in the middle of the screen. I am really enjoying playing this city, and this section is starting to explode! More pictures later...what do you think?  :D

pkremer

For this particular section of downtown, I have created a monorail system that runs a loop with about 3 to 4 blocks between it.  There are also bus and subway stations connected to the monorail stations, and all 3 networks are fairly pervasive through my residential sections.  I posted one picture so you can see that as my downtown is starting to grow, my mass transit system is really being very effective. I couldn't figure out how to take the picture with the actual transit stats up, but currently that node I clicked on is handling over 6000 people, and the entire road grid is green!  :thumbsup:

pkremer,
instead of triple posting you could have attached all images to the same post.
Up to four images can be included by clicking (more attachments) to the right of the first attachment. :thumbsup:

/RippleJet

RippleJet

Very nice! :thumbsup:

I think I need to urge batters to create more stage 6 CS§§§... ::)
The Coit Tower doesn't appear to have any competitors at that stage... :D

pkremer

Quote from: RippleJet on December 15, 2007, 10:38:27 PM
pkremer,
instead of triple posting you could have attached all images to the same post.
Up to four images can be included by clicking (more attachments) to the right of the first attachment. :thumbsup:

/RippleJet

I tried that, but it would not let me. It kept saying the maximum file size was 300 KB, and those pictures were 200 KB each.  SC4 saves them as such huge files, and even at 200 KB each, the quality is severely compromised.  I think I need to find some server space somewhere if I want to have high quality pictures. :)

BarbyW

pkremer: you should open an account at http://photobucket.com/ It is free and is easy to use.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Maverick

A work in progress across the region.
However I felt this may bring interest from some people.

I have reduce your image widths to 800 and linked to the original pictures! :thumbsup:
/RippleJet

RippleJet

I like the symmetry in CAM Central and the multiple highways in CAM Crush Town. :)
At least it's obvious in what direction they should be driving to get to work! ::)

I only wonder how the diagonal avenue in CAM Central will be able to swallow all the traffic coming from three highways in Crush Town... $%Grinno$%

dioangel

Very Nice techniques!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Of what I did to mine.. took out the no maxis files for res and comercial. Thought I give it a go for a while.  ;)

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Maverick

Quote from: RippleJet on December 18, 2007, 08:14:26 AM
I like the symmetry in CAM Central and the multiple highways in CAM Crush Town. :)
At least it's obvious in what direction they should be driving to get to work! ::)

I only wonder how the diagonal avenue in CAM Central will be able to swallow all the traffic coming from three highways in Crush Town... $%Grinno$%

It's not completely symmetric, I've done my best to create a 'gradual' increase in height as you edge towards the middle. Central's avenues are 64 squares from each corner.
The outermost ring avenue runs 32 sq from the edge, and the next closest is 64 sq from the edge. Then the innermost ring road is 96 sq from the edge.

Crushtown's highways would be alot easier if someone in the NAM team had made single sided perpendicular onramps for ground highways. As it is, I need to convert from low, to high w/ onramp, to low. However I best not complain, their work is muchly appreciated.
As for crushtown traffic dumping onto a single avenue... in grand city planner tradition: I'll figure that out later :)

bat

Looking nice there! And great city (so far).

poporo

With CAM, I made an overpopulated city.

This area developed an area of Suoh san after having introduced CAM.
Suoh san, thank you.

SIMM of 6,500,000 lived in this town, but, under some kind of influence, population has decreased sharply. SIMM of 5,500,000 still is still left.

It is population in the area.

I reduced the first picture in size to match the others.
And I've linked it to the original one if you want to see it full size.
/RippleJet