• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Show us your CAM Cities

Started by RippleJet, August 02, 2007, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Offtopic, but guys there is only four continents :P

Old World, America, Antarctica and Australia. Old World is Euraasia and Africa, because they are one landmass but Suez Canal is in between  ;)

Pat

some real great CAM cities all... hmmm continents im not getting in that part of the conversation lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI think we also need to convert the "Go Away Wren" mod into a special version for MAS71, "Go Away WTC".
There are 7 WTC's, but only one Wren in that picture...

Speaking of which - I don't have the Go Away Wren mod, and the building rarely appears, if at all, in my cities. However, I have huge problems with Reflect Inc, Vu Blue Denim and a few blue shiny buildings. :P

Nice cities, but I thought the CAM would reduce repeating buildings too?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 09, 2007, 07:01:12 AM
Nice cities, but I thought the CAM would reduce repeating buildings too?

I find that it has.  I dont get nearly as much "duplication" as I used to.  I think that WTC thing is just one of those things that happens sometimes and cannot be prevented.  But, then you need to have alot of buildings aswell.  If you have a limited number of lots at a specific Stage then you are bound to recieve "duplication".  If I remember correctly Stage 15 isnt overly populated like Stage 8 used to be, but one day we will have many more buildings to populate this range I think. 

Speaking of which has anyone ever completed a Burj Dubai yet?  I know its been started before but I dont remember it being released.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Pat

OK OK i thought i would never really put some pics here but i have too cause the changes CAM did for an preCAM city was stunning and i have to share with you all a before shot of Carporth Heights with high demand as it was and i was planning it that way... i did have some intresting results like devolpment in spots when i fired up CAM so here it be the before then after shots of Carporth Heights......

BEFORE CAM

AFTER CAM

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MAS71

Good Pics Patfirefghtr   :thumbsup:

By the way,,,
Have you already had all of CAMeLOT? (in this city)
If you say "NO", Please get them and still play with them some time by all means.
At that time, you will be able to see a true appearance of CAM !! ;D

:thumbsup:

Pat

Mas71, or do i say Mas71san? thank you very much, i am almost finished installing CAM files i think i did do some CAMeLots but am planning to get the new ones for sure and do anther show off... pat

MAS71

@Patfirefghtr san
I am looking forward to further development of your cities with the CAM and CAMeLOTs. :thumbsup:
Plaese show up your Pics again!! ;)

and
Please call for you to like it. ;) (with "san" or without "san")

Pat

Mas71 san i will be working some more on the city soon. 
been busy tonight lotting a project at hand for BLaM.
Also i finaly finished installing all cam stuff except the
new items that was put on the LEX... thank you - pat

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: jplumbley on August 09, 2007, 07:22:30 AM
Speaking of which has anyone ever completed a Burj Dubai yet?  I know its been started before but I dont remember it being released.

I think skyscraper or Andisart (whichever one, I don't remember) has already released a version on the STEX. So... I dunno if it's been CAMmed...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RippleJet

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 10, 2007, 02:08:21 AM
I think skyscraper or Andisart (whichever one, I don't remember) has already released a version on the STEX. So... I dunno if it's been CAMmed...

Yes, skyscraper has one version on the STEX and Andisart is batting a more detailed version with a preview available in his bat thread.

At the moment none of those is in the pipeline for being CAMmed, but that latter one would be a nice one, once it's finished. :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

The difference between Vanilla flavoured and CAM flavoured ::)

Both run for 5 years as test of cam

With Nam only (Essentially vanilla)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2043/ruralcamelotnamiz2.swf

With Cam only installed
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4161/ruralcamelotcamgl3.swf
You can see the original spurt of growth and the second required the additional housing that appears. this was allocated after 4 yrs of the city been run.

Hope you like?

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

RippleJet

That's a very nice presentation, Derry! :)

I also notice that you had almost only Pedriana Plants growing with the CAM.
At startup farms of stages 1/2/3 are set to grow in the ratio 50/30/20.

Nevertheless, since the demand is high, the simulator favours the higher occupancy stage 3 Pedriana Plant.
If you continue to play the region with Maxis farms only, you will eventually get more stage 1 and 2 farms as well.

The best way to get more variation, is still of course to download custom farms from the LEX. :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

thanks RJ :thumbsup:

Yes I have almost everything on the lex reinstalled so am looking forward to seeing the true potential of the cam.

As I showed, it was more for the comparison than anything else

I 've noticed that pedriana's plants do show up early if the zones are big enough for them and yes the stage 1+2 farms do show up later. Thank you for the info on the growth ratio. that is helpful.

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

LoneRanger

This I got after I installed the CAM and a few hours playing after that.

I did some plopping before CAM but not afterwards.

before:

I'm stuck at level 12 atm.  &Thk/(

[click image's for lager view]

JoeST

well hears my first cam city. Sorry about all the dilapidation lol, was hit by a disaster, too much water pollution killed my city for a while. it did have a pop of 100000 but now it only has half of that:

be warned, it was on the highest resolution i could get

oh and im also sorry for the mouse pointer and any zots/ampty zones and the missing lots in the industrial section. even after installing all the megapacks on a clean install i cant figure out whats wrong
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

That's a great picture, star.torturer! :thumbsup:

I took the liberty to edit your post a little, so that the picture is visible right away.
By clicking on it, you will get the original picture sized 1376×1032.

Which buildings appear as brown boxes?

JoeST

umm ill check, ive got it open in a window now. IM5 Cranky'dShafts and IM7 NoxiousNylon

and my pops now up to nearly 60k tho im getting terrible health and education lol

EDIT: reply to next post: thanks that works fine now

RippleJet

I think you are lacking the BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol02
It is mentioned in the readme for both those industries.

JoeST

Here is a picture of the transport overlay of that previous region, this just shows what happens when you use maxis auto grid and then just let it develop

sorry its in a window, just dont have the time for a unwindowed startup

Joe