• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokr

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 04, 2007, 03:02:00 PM
Thx for confirming 'running naked'

Can you post the url here, I think I can't enclose the dlls in the installer due to stupid copyright or EULA.

If you put the url, I can add them to the readme.

Thx

EDit : here the links for those who need those files : http://www.dll-files.com/

search for mscvp71.dll and gdiplus.dll

I just an hour ago downloaded and tried the packer and got that error. After reading this thread, and downloading the two files, it started up! WIll now start packing some crap and see how it works for me.
I am on Win2KPro and the program wouldn't start, and was giving me the same error....

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Now with the two files from dll-files.com, it started right up!
WIll come back and comment on speed of loads after packing a few.
Sounds like an awesome program and I hope it works as well as it seems to be commented to.

wild_horse_in_the_sky

wouanagaine.
Next problem I've tried twice running Datpacker and each time when it gets half way threw the CSX files it brings up this error:SC4DatPacker has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error signature
AppName: sc4datpacker.exe AppVer0.1.0.0 ModName unknown
ModVer0.0.0.0 Offset: 00d814a8
C:\DOCUME~1\Rich\LOCALS~1\Temp\926a_appcompat.txt  I've downloaded all the files also from www.dll-files.com what did I do wrong?

wouanagaine

wild_horse => wait for a few hours, I will update a version that may ( I say may ) point you to invalid files. as it seems to be the case because it always crash in the same place

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Slann

Hey!

Just dropping by to say that you have saved my CBD!!!
I have been unable to even start my CBD properly for the past year and yet with the Dat Packer... it runs like a... no so purring... but still moving CITY!!!

Thank you wouanagaine - you are my HERO!!!

:thumbsup:
&apls &apls &apls $%Grinno$% ;D
Imperial Representative of the Viceroyalty of Dominea

wild_horse_in_the_sky

No problem will check later this afternoon. Thanks

Tidalpool

&apls I have used this now for about 2 weeks and I love it.  It has improved and made the game run so smoothly again, I want to play now.  Thank you so much for the time given to the community.

Tidalpool

:thumbsup: Way to go.  Thank you, thank you!
"Life's a beach, go walk on the sand"

Tidalpool

wouanagaine

Thx for all your great support everyone

I've upload a new version to LEX. If you get some problems or issues with the previous version,please give a try
If you don't find any problem with the older version, you may not need to download it, but I still recommend to do so as we found some little bug with cohorts reading/writing, and finding corrupted files is much simpler with the new version

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wild_horse_in_the_sky

Thank you wouanagaine all is fine now everything is running llike the  Daytona 500  :thumbsup: only wished I was down there its only 4 below zero right now... ;D

zgmfx88s

I have just tried out Dat Packer and Wow the improvement in overall game performance is fantastic.
A big thankyou Wouanagaine.

Ajax

Hey, wou,
Thanks for your suggestion regarding my BSC Park issue.  I have not had a chance to try it yet, but will give it a go.  But, I hardly think this is the place, nor do I expect you to do it, to troubleshoot my little park problem.  If I continue to have issues I will direct it appropriately.
Thanks!

greenbelt

Hi.  I use a mac.  Hopefully this will work for me.  Does anyone know?  thanks in advance.

wouanagaine

greenbelt, if you're able to compile C code and get python to run on your Mac this can be possible.

New Horizons Productions

Pippolo

I have resolved my problem and I think it could be interesting for many other. The problem were that without a reason the game crash and go to the desktop, after trying many thinks I've read on a thread to try download datpacker I've do that and I can zoom in and out without crash, but the game crash evry 10 - 20 minuts, well the resolution is press Ctrl-Alt-Del you see the Task Maneger Windows and close all the programs under "your name" without explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe After do this I can play without problems

wouanagaine

you choose the hard way :)

-get an anti adware program to scan your system
-run your AV

then when you want to play SC4, unplug your internet, close your antivirus

New Horizons Productions

greenbelt

wouanagaine,  well too bad.  thanks for the info anyways.  Im not terribly computer literate.

CabraBuitre

I tried running it last night for the first time, and it was taking so long that I just went to bed... and when I got up, nothing had been compressed (and my computer had shut off... when I turned it back on, the program wasn't even up).  Would there be any problem if I just compressed each individual subfolder instead of all of it at one time?  I'm thinking it's going to take a LONG time on my computer...  But good news, my wife and I are already planning to use our tax return money to get a new computer, so I hopefully won't have this problem in the future!!

Any suggestions?

Check out Abelfarei!

Doc

Got a question. I downloaded and ran the DatPacker. A couple of days after I did it, I realized that I had taken some advice several months back at ST about increasing game speed and that I had "write protected" all of my files. I was wondering if that would cause the DatPacker to have no effect on them? I ran it again while downloading the new version, but, of course, it told me I have no folders in my plug-ins folder. Should i remove the compressed folder, reinstall all of the old ones and run the DatPacker again? Sorry, but I'm not quite sure exactly how things like that work. I'm an old guy and getting and learning about a computer was MY mid-life crisis.

Thanks.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

wouanagaine

CabraBuitre. strange ()what()
Do not check the 'force recompression'
Do not check anything in the folder list
Check 'Only usefull TGI'
If you have less than 1Gb and some subfolder which are bigger than 400gb check the 'use less ram'

Doc
Reput your originals plugins in the folder
delete all files in plugins_compressed or check every folder in the list
and rerun the tool
however writeprotecting should not interfere with the tool, I don't try to write into your files

Seems that everyone missed what the meaning of all check boxes
the check boxes associated with each folder name is if you want to force the rebuild of that folder. If you don't check it, the tool will check if it need to be rebuild( ie you have remove or add files in that folder ). you need to check those boxes when you want to rebuild the dat file with different option ( Usefull TGI only for example )
The 'Force recompression' is for developper only. It will not give you any boost and will consumme lot of RAM when running the tool.

New Horizons Productions

CabraBuitre

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 11, 2007, 10:00:08 AM
Seems that everyone missed what the meaning of all check boxes

I think you're correct.  I'm going to give it a try again today and see what happens!!!

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

Hi wougain as i was out and wandering around today i came up on SC4D and saw the DATPACKER ok i read what i can i went threw the forums and im totaly confussed by what it does and im lost.  if im reading and understanding right  "$Deal"$ it takes the plugins that are in the folder and make them one singular plugin???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie