• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfred.Jones

Looking forward to it warrior!!

Sim City 4 Devotion

Jonathan

Heres is an onslope piece, it includes a starter for GHSR but not for HSR, and there is no issue with the shadow problem the other network's Onslope pieces suffer from.

Now I'm off to get a haircut, and then I have to do homework, unless I don't have any. After that I will have hopefully got The Ramp models in max format from Prince1142003, who made the ramp (Thanks :thumbsup:)

Here is a pic of the ramp in gmax (gmax format, no .3ds export)

Starmanw402007

Great Update Warrior. those photos are cool. I'll be watching for more udpates. Keep'em Coming!! :)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Godzillaman

This project has grown so much since the first release. I'm glad you're sticking with it.;)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

RebaLynnTS

Obviously I need to learn more about rail stations, as I can't get my idea even close to working. I made a new lot, but the old monorail station model keeps popping up any way.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Andreas

Andreas

dragonshardz

In what way? And am I right that you have the current alpha as well as I?

~~Dragonshardz~~

Andreas

Mostly visual stuff, as you can see - new icon, menu description etc. ;) And yes, I do have the current alpha - one of the advantages of being a NAM Team member. :)
Andreas

Palpatine001

Very Nice there Andreas, although my translation of German could do with some much brushing up  :-[

Now then to extend this lowly used rail service in my region  $%#Ninj2
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Jonathan

Great Andreas, very good looking.

And now an update:

This is the GHSR <> HSR Ramp by Prince1142003:

There is a GHSR starter at the GHSR end and a HSR starter at the other end. And the preview is not the great looking but then you won't see that very often. There is a little jump at the GHSR side but that will be fixed by release, now I have to go path this thing...hhhhh :'(

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

JoeST

what Mr goose just said then was by far the largest understatement of the year.... simply stunning, thankyou Jon

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

prince1142003

I noticed that the supports on the ramp seem to be darker than the supports on the HSR track. Is that just me, or do the textures for the ramp supports need modification?

SC4BOY

Nice work going on here! keep it up!

T1

Stop TEASING me! I want to get that soo bad!!! Got an EST release time?

dragonshardz

It'll be released when it's released.  :thumbsup:

Jonathan

Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

Prince: Actually the supports on the puzzle piece are correct and all the other supports are too light, this is a side effect of T21s, it should just be a matter of replacing the texture with a darker one.

And the release date is soon, just waiting now for another NAM, which has a whole host of goodies, and a few quite big surprises, trust me it's worth the wait.

Finally all the Ramp pathing is complete :)

Now I need to move onto the NAM road etc. overpasses over GHSR, and then experiment with automata and see if a seperate HSR train can be added. And maybe make a Diagonal Onslope piece.

And then after GHSR is finished....DD

Swamper77

Since the HSR is based off the monorail network, it is not possible to define a separate train for it. The HSR train engine and cars will intermix with the monorail trains. To make a unique train with unique cars would require access to the EXE to define the new classes. And you know where this argument will go.... ()sad()

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

JoeST

Cant wait Jon, its a pity that you cant have special trains for HSR, but ahh well, the work you have done is brilliant so it wont be that spoilt by not having unique trains.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

So are the el-rail trains based on Rail? As the GLR tracks have rail paths on them I think?
If so what stops the normal rail getting mixed up with the El-Rail trains?

Another thing I don't understand is you don't get (normal Rail) Freight carts being pulled by a passneger engine and vise versa?

Anyway, thanks Swamper.

I have got models for the new NAM (heavy/puzzle pieces) el-rail models, but I can't start RULing yet.

And I'm surprised noone found the teaser/clue in my last post.