• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

I only play sporadically and in bursts. The top two pictures are newer (note the interim 4.0 mod on the folded parclo). The third one was made well before wide curves, etc and with the old Euro mod. I do have a more modern T-interchange ready. It's quite the design achievement. I had to carve out significant space from a mountain to do it; there was so little room that traffic from the other highway has to get off at the next interchange to access it (it's a road west...both roads are RHW-4). You have to see it to believe how I did it. Despite its complexity, it is only two levels (with two overpass ramps). Combined that whole interchange is the heart of the city traffic-wise.

When I did it, I built a gravel SAM road out to the neighbor connector when I built the highway. I built the road in stages then changed the gravel road's route. I also built a new RHW-2 interchange at the south of the tile to improve the connection (it's a bit like 4 tightly-hemmed cities in one tile).

ilmioalterego

Hi everybody. This is an attempt of mine of making a RHW-2 intersection, involving 2 different ways-out, connected by a roundabout. Hope you'll like it.  :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nego

Oh, wow, ilmioalterego, that's an awesome interchange! Plus, there is plenty of room for a future upgrade to RHW-4 if needed. The eye candy looks great, too. I have to say  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Two Thunbs Up!)

travismking

an overly complicated interchange between 2 Freeways and a normal road (not all directions are possible, but arent really needed either)

jdenm8

I built this little monster for my CJ. Tell me what you think and what it's called (aside from Half-Cloverleaf %wrd ) cause I don't know.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

Awesome interchange!  &apls  This is my favorite use of 90-degree MIS ramps and the network under the flex-fly and FARHW are great too! Proof that an intersection doesn't need to have fifteen ramps and take up a massive footprint (as mine sometimes do  ;D ) to be innovative and good-looking.

Also, great work everyone else, especially Maarten. I enjoy the work in this thread but often don't post until I have something to share which somehow seems to take longer than planned....

jdenm8

If you thought that folded Half-Cloverleaf was awesome, here's its slightly-lass-compact, full-access big brother:

I'd remove weaving on the overpass too, but I need another MIS and FlexFly height to do that sadly. I was also going to use the wide MIS curve puzzle piece in the loops, but the loops I'd built are too compact and one of the ends of the puzzle pieces lies under FlexFly and breaks it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Ramona Brie

I have some more new ones to share. First, a heavily TuLEP-ed selection:

That interchange I talked about earlier (the one I hemmed into a mountain) is interesting, because it shares ramps and exits with the next exit up (required to save horizontal space). Since the pictures are large they are linked:

http://img713.imageshack.us/i/camarenacardiffpassapr7.png/

The north end, Hwy 85 at Main Street. Traffic off Hwy 85 to Hwy 74 must exit here, start getting on 85 SB, then take the branching ramp heading "southwest".

http://img837.imageshack.us/i/camarenacardiffpassapr5.png/

The second half of the interchange. Space concerns require a rather counterintuitive setup for traffic getting off 74; left-turning traffic gets in the right lane, and right-turning traffic gets in the left lane. The U-shaped flyover ramp handles the latter.

Lastly...

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/raemikovalleymar1226129.png/

Yes, that's FARHW-2. My first experience with FARHW, though not Fractional Angle roads.

Patroklos

Hello everyone. I have been reading through these picture threads for years and never contributed, so here is my first offering.

I am in the Navy and deployed just before the new RHW mod came out and have been thinking of things I wanted to do with while watching what you guys created for six months now. Just before I left I thought of the following concept and actually remembered it all that time to put it together now.

What I wanted to do was integrate the Deadwoods highway bus/subway station into a RHW freeway, with the intention of not having actual road exits and rather having the traffic transition directly to busses to get off the highway and thus saving my local roads from car traffic. I don't know if this will actuall work, but here is what I came up with.

Like I said this is my first time using the new RHW pieces. There are som FAR and FLEXFLY pieces in there as well as the MIS ground to elevated curve. I am looking for ways to get things a bit tighter. My next project is to integrate an overpass through it but am having trouble getting the elevated RHW4 to cross two networks side by side. In order to get the deadwoods station to work I had to transition from RHW4 to OWR to provide road access, which looks sloppy but whatever. The station also uses maxis highway but I think it actually looks good.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

I guess it could become a on-highway bus depot. Interesting concept  :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

soulchaser

Looks great  &apls Interesting concept!

For saving space, you might use tunnels for the passing RHW-4 parts (and replacing the El-MIS with a siple slitted Avenue). Or you could get the MIS-RHW2-Exits further to the transition with diagonal MIS.

Just my 2 Cents.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

MandelSoft

@jdenm8: LOL! That cloverleaf reminds me of the standard cloverleaf interchange from CitiesXL :D  But this design is much better, since there's way less weaving...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Terring7

Back again ;D

To make the Maxis highways more interesting, I'm using the SimMars speedways textures. However, 5 N.A.M. intersections doesn't look very nice with it.

Until SimMars team re-texture the N.A.M. creations, I'm gonna use my custom versions ;D
Let's see. If you want to built an elevated highways crossing like this...

... try to give it a Simcity 3000 feeling ;D

In the past, many mayors complain about the lack of ground-elevated highways intersection. N.A.M. team create this :thumbsup:

And here is my, Simcity 3000 version :D

There are 3 ways to connect 3 ground highways.

Yeah, 3 ways ;D

Feel free to stone me ;D :D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Kevin1a

I might have to stone you for a few of those, but that third one with the giant really smooth looking roundabout is actually pretty fantastic.  :D  I remember all the crazy stuff we used to have to do in SC3000.  I was looking at the system specs for it the other day, and technically, my phone should be able to run two simultaneous instances of SC3000.  Unfortunately the only good mobile version of Sim City I've found was a version of SC2000 for Windows Mobile Devices with VGA or larger screens, and it was also a little buggy at times (though I got a lot of good use out of it)  Does anyone have any cool GLR intersections?

cubby420

Props to jdenm8 for this design...

MandelSoft

Well THAT looks cool, Andrew! Also nicely decorated  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

The photoshopping is very nice, too :thumbsup:
A simple one from me (more - in my MD :P)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jayster

A somewhat simple one from me:

What's unique about this one is the main highway goes from the left to the top. That's why there is a second lane that takes you back to the main highway.

Enjoy!

Jayster

Nego

I like cubby420's interchange a lot, mainly because it includes Interstate 80, my favorite interstate. :P I also like io_bg's nice and simple interchange. And Jayster's is cool because it has the two ramps to allow for a higher capacity when going from the left to the top. Great work everyone! :thumbsup:

j-dub

Wait a minute, I know where that interchange is, its in real life! That is just a SC4 interpretation of it, the next time your there I'll know where to find you! (maybe not, as small of a world it is, same time and location on the road not so much cubby)