• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Moganites mapping thread

Started by moganite, January 23, 2007, 07:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moganite

As i have recently ended my hiatus i would like to show my first map release for 2007.
At present my maps will only be relseased at ST until I know I can definitely upload maps. As such this thread and others will be showcases only.

Wakabul

This map is based loosely on another release I have coming in a day or 2 Dubbo Australia. It overlaps the area and is exagerated vertically and then it is then flooded till the river shows. the river channels were then connected using SCTF. at present it is being preped by colyn for the Agricultral tests that BSC is planning
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

moganite

New map NHP Dubbo Australia has just been uploaded. This is a request that I recieved 6 months ago but due to improvements in mapping methods and transition to 16 bit mapping it was delayed til now.

It marks my first use of stepped water templates for rivers in any map all previous river templates were flat bottomed riversalong thier lengths.

The link to the file in the STEX isNHP Dubbo Australia
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

wouanagaine

Yeah, that is what I call a river flow !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

wonderful maps you have made there! :thumbsup:

moganite

Next map coming through is part of westernTasmania I called it queestown and it will be released to the BSC LEX shortly as per usual it has been released at ST but mostly as to be before someone else releases it.
The image uses Cycledogs Terrain textures and mods.

New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

beskhu3epnm

Man,

Look at the detail on that terrain....

Awesome! &apls

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

HabLeUrG

Cali

that's a very detailed piece of work. NHP has once again amazed me. great work :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

bat

moganite

This next map is of a region thats underthreat and might not be with us much longer. Guess where it is Hint: Big river
Just got all of the data I need. As you can see this is going to be scaled down by a large ammount to fit it to make it a oractical region in SC4.

Mystery shot
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

callagrafx

My my, Moganite is back...a warm welcome back too!

Looks a bit like the Amazon delta to me  :thumbsup:  Look forward to seeing it.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

beskhu3epnm

Yes indeed, he has returned....!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jplumbley

Awesome Mog!  I love that layout.  I really like the river inlet there and I agree with Cal, its very Amazonish.  It would make a beautiful place for a port city with some really nice forested areas.

Welcome back from your little excursion away from SC.  Hope you had fun and are back with a higher ambition than you had before.  You were an amazing part of the SC4TF RGB converter and only great things will come from you the longer your around :P
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

HabLeUrG

welcome back!  ;)

cant wait how you make that map   :thumbsup:

moganite

Yes  it is :)
you can sail ocean going vessels on it for a few hundred km cant remember the city they sail to but i think it might be a thousand or so km inland.

This is a terrain I have always wanted to do just for the heck of it just like mt everest.
I can tell you I select I size of 160 m for pixel size for the land then from bathymetric data I make a water template that the land is pased to with the same pixel size.
Import to SC4Mapper and then make the river depth 60 m aproximate depth of the channel.

Thanks for the welcome everyone
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

wouanagaine

I see you have not lost your skills Mog :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

Beskys back too!!! Looks like the NHP are returning to the fold...bout bloody time too, we missed you guys.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jplumbley

Quote from: callagrafx on June 27, 2007, 01:22:38 AM
Beskys back too!!! Looks like the NHP are returning to the fold...bout bloody time too, we missed you guys.

Some of us never left!  Just we flooded the mapping market with all of our maps over a period of about 6 months and even the old ones were still doing good and taking away from the newer ones.  ;)

Some of us have been learning new things and experimenting on our own.  Hableurg has the Eye Candy intersections.  Dmscopio has been modelling.  Wouanagaine has been working on his X-Tool with the BSC and I have been experimenting with RULs for transit modding.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

callagrafx

Oh, I know what YOU'VE been doing JP  :D :D :D :D  :thumbsup: :P

moganite

This is more to show the the stage of merging baythmetric data with topographic data. In most cases the topgraphic set it the more accurate one and should be pasted over the Baythmetric one with the water areas being transparent on the land side. It is reversed if the opposite is true.

Its just a jpeg of a small section all of the white areas will be filled with colour equivalent for 2m below sea level. It will take a while to do this step and is possibly the longest to do well.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine