• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Joe's Bats (first try-some late night wearhouses)

Started by JoeST, October 06, 2007, 04:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Yes this is my first try at proper batting, last time was a complete failure

I am going to create a set of small old warehouses:

a normal lot 1x1

2 end lots 1x1

a clock tower 3x1

a 90 corner 1x1

an entrance gate 2x1

I will get pics if i can, and will attempt to get textures soon, I'm under a lot of stress and I hope this may relax me a bit.

for refrence they may look something like concentration camp warehouses ?!?

Here is a first glance:

now obviously the holes will be covered with windows, and the darkest red bit will be grating like ventilation.

I was just wondering what the best way to finish the sides would be as i dont know how to make triangles yet in GMAX (IE i started today about 10 minutes ago)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

not bad and this does look rather promissing there Joe... Keep up the hard work and this should be a good stress reliver for ya's..........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

XiahouDun

Quote from: star.torturer on October 06, 2007, 04:54:37 PM
I was just wondering what the best way to finish the sides would be as i dont know how to make triangles yet in GMAX (IE i started today about 10 minutes ago)
Easiest way for this like you are doing is to use the line tool matched with the 3d snap set to vertex. You can create an outline of that entire side wall.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

JoeST

Thanks for the complements, I have nearly finished batting that 1x1 piece, the texturing is pretty low standard at the moment, as I still don't have much time lol, and I cant find a suitable window texture so for the moment its going to be grey

The top bit should be ventilation shafts but I couldn't find a suitable texture, and I need to correct the UVW of the slate texture on the top of it.

I am going to render a low quality version and then make my first lot WOOHOO

Joe

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

well i tried and i tried but for some reason... no wait i fixed it, it was Miss fitting LODs lol whoops

Anyway unfortunately its slightly larger than 1x1 so I will remove some overhang and then rerender in high quality....

And here is a shot of it ingame:

Hope you like it, sorry about the windows I hope to finish them sometime

Joe

Heblem

Pat

Joe for your first bat and test shot ingame not bad at all, i cant wait to see the finished project

dogfight

Nice job ST. It's a simple yet affective design.

kwakelaar

A nice start for your first bat, you should perhaps try to make it a bit more detailed. Now it is still a very basic shape. Try to add some window frames (a door to get inside the building maybe), barge boards and chimneys.
Did the texture for the windows not render? The brick texture has not turned out very well in your render, you could enlarge the bricks or try to add more contrast in the texture.

Shadow Assassin

By the way, leave it as slightly larger than 1x1. It'll allow you to connect up the warehouses without any glitches. Plus, it'll look much better.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

JoeST

unfortunately i haven't had chance to do much, i kinda restarted it then got bogged down with school work and uni aplilcation and then web coding.. but i will start again in a few days Holidays are coming

thankyou all for the comments/suggestions, they will come in handy once i start again

Joe

EDIT: well i did try and start again, but for some reason i can never make the spline line for the gable wall extrude.. it just fails on me and extrudes in to 1 point