• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Emil that is wonderful news and a very merry christmas to you sir and to your family as well!!! I cant wait to see more devolpment here in blackwater and your project thread as well when you can!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

emilin

Redrum County: Snooder Junction

Hello again, folks! This is the first update I have done in quite a while. As you will see, the pictures are not from the region of Blackwater. I think this is probably how this journal will work from now on. Updates will come when I have the time to make them - it might be very often, or months apart. They might be from the proper region of Blackwater, but more often they might not be. I don't feel like renaming the thread, but it should probably be called "Emil's showcase" or something like that.
;D
Lately I have been experimenting with the new name, and all of the seasonal items available. You will probably recognize dedgren's and Badsim's work in these pictures. Redrum County is supposed to be an American region, probably somewhere in the vicinity of Maine. I have only developed one quad so far, but I hope to make at least a few more before I do something else, but you never know... :satisfied:

Oooooohhhh... and a huge thank you for all your wonderful comments! I hope you will enjoy this little update from me. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

Wow -- impressive work there Emil, that nature is really great.
Your use of seasonal trees and farms land is outstanding, fabulous job man !

Take Care,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hi !
It's nice to see you back my friend  ::) This update is simply incredible  :o this is perfect  :thumbsup:
The fields are looking amazing, and the nature is fantastic, nice use of seasonal trees &apls
I'm looking forward to the next update,

Take care,

David !!
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

beutelschlurf

moin emilin,

very impressive ... :thumbsup:
you should go with one of those pic to the picture contest!!!
but why is it that the treetops are cut off in the shadow?  ()what()

b_schlurf

kimcar

&apls &aplsWow excellent come back mate. Great farming zone and mosaics. Glad that you still playing. Keep it up :thumbsup:

metasmurf

thundercrack83

Wow...just, wow!

Whatever you call your MD, I call it pure genius, my friend!

Magnificent stuff--it's so wonderful to see you back!

Take care,

Dustin

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

emilin

Quote from: beutelschlurf on March 27, 2009, 02:45:58 PM
but why is it that the treetops are cut off in the shadow?  ()what()

Because some of them are lots, not plopped. It was faster to make forest lots than to place them manually, and I am lazy. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

First, good to see you again :thumbsup:
Second, you came back with the new energy and new vision  ;D

The landscape showed by you in various seasons is fantastic!  &apls. Both from the technical and aesthetical point of view. One of the most realistic CS4 creations I saw ever. Beautiful use of the perspective! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you will show us more unique things. Take yourself as much time as you want, but please visit us more often!  :)

Adam

Edit: There is one very important thing on your seasonal landscape pictures: you created very natural network shapes, and you used not only   wide/FAR curves, but also the perspective. Understanding SC4 terrain in the context of vieving direction and angle is extremely important and it seems to be neglected by almost everybody. All FAR/FARR stuff is nothing special without a proper perspective, and one can create very natural network profile without FAR/FARR too if he understand the SC4 perspective.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

metarvo

Suddenly, there's a faint vibrant glow of hope that Blackwater (w/ I. G.) is not dead.  It's good to see you back again, Emil.  Even if the pics are not always from the Blackwater region, it's nice to see that you're back to building.  :)  This rural area is well done, if I do say so myself.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sebes

Great to see an update from you Emil! The seasonal effects are fabulous  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

FrankU

Emil, this is a real great update!
And I don't care what you call it, the only thing that counts is the work you show us.

In fact the size of the fields is maybe the most realistic I have seen on this site.
There is a bit I can comment on the plots and that is only infected by your own perfection, otherwise I would never have even seen the imperfections.

Waht I mean is: between two fields you make two tiles of dirt with a fence in the middle. Around the fields, where they meet the grassy surroundings, you did not make dirt tiles. And also on these edges the crops grow directly unto the fences.
In the first place I think the fences should not be put immediately next to the crops: they would be ruined by the tractors. In fact I think most fields even don't have any fences....
And in the second place: dirt will be around every field. I guess you are also waiting for Dedgren's field edges with fences?

Otherwise: I am stunned!

kbieniu7

Amazing shots, from all seasons. And amazing work. I won't say anymore else &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Albus of Garaway

Emil! It's been so long!

What a nice treat to see an update. I've been gone from the site for about a month, and simply by looking at your pictures I can tell I have a lot of catching up to do!

Pat

Emil wow!!! Simply just simply wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

iamgoingtoeatyou

Little update? :P Seems big to me! And beautiful too, thanks for the inspiration!

io_bg

Superb rural pics! &apls The seasonal trees look great!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November