• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvarcoe

Always one of my favorite MD's.
An excellent body of work from beginning to end.
It's always difficult to move on, but sometimes it's necessary.
Make sure it's always fun Emil.

Thanks for the great MD

Phil

Tarkus

Emil, thank you for sharing this fantastic MD with all of us over the past 1 1/2 years here.  I'll admit, I've only been an occasional lurker here, but even still, your work has inspired me in various ways.  Your old mapping tutorial was absolutely invaluable and has shaped my own work a great deal. It's quite fitting, too, that your last update is perhaps one of the most epic maps I've seen.

It is sad to see one of the first-ever MDs here close down, but I understand how much having a break from things can help.  And of course, I can't wait to see what you start on next.  And I completely concur with Adam here on the NHP end of things. :)

Best,
Alex (Tarkus)

TheTeaCat

Emil,

Sad to see anything end, even temporarily, but such is the nature of life.
(It looks like I'll have another good read of this wonderful MD ahead of me this weekend ;D.)
I sincerely hope to see its revival one day but will definitely keep my eyes open for whatever you do in the future.

Best wishes and of course this parting cuppa

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

I know I haven't commented in here half anywhere near as much as I should have, but let me say that this was certainly an impressive work from beginning to end. I'm glad to hear that you'll be around though and, even better, that you'll be directing your energies toward other projects. Considering what you've done here, those projects too will be outstanding. SC4, as well as the community as a whole, is something meant to be enjoyed. To the Mayor of Blackwater: Thank you. To the SC4D Member: Congratulations and I'll see you around the site.
-Matt

Pat

Emil I know I haven't said much here lately and for that I regret it cause Blackwater I took for granted as it will be around forever.. But I have lurked and watched and now I'm sadden to see you call in the last update, a day I hope to avoid but as you said a break is something sometimes is well needed!!! I do wish you the best of luck and to always enjoy this wonderful game we call Sim City 4~~~

Till the next

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Time for my first comment in this MD... &ops
I have a very bad habit of not finding time to follow MD's...

However, I did get across this MD when Emil posted his seaport tutorial.
Occasionally, that tutorial only today surpassed being read 10,000 times! &apls

Building a port - the hard way will be an everlasting testimony of
Province of Lazarus, Port Remington, Santiago de Zafiro and Islas Gemas!

Emil, om jag var du, skulle jag anta Adams erbjudande!
Translation: Emil + Adam = True? .. I hope so ... ::)

Emil, thank you and good luck with your next endeavour!

jeronij

Hello (and goodbye  ::) ) Emil,

It's been a real pleasure to have followed Blackwater (IG). It is already a part of the SC4 Community history now, so I think you can feel really proud of it  :thumbsup:

You are right, you must enjoy building your cities, so when this does not happen, it is a good moment to stop for a batteries charge, and look forward for other projects to enjoy the game  ;)

I wish you the best luck in whichever project you take next  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

Quote from: jeronij on August 22, 2008, 01:21:49 PM

It is already a part of the SC4 Community history now...

So a suggestion ; the Hall Of Fame ipso facto or through new nominations and elections , rather than the SC4Devotion's oubliettes ...

Emil , what a loss , what a wrench !

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kimcar

Every great things have to have an end, sadely.  :'( But i un derstand your move and i will follow your next project . And don`t worry about posting often in my MD , RL is a big part of our lives  ;D Take care :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Many play SC4, emilin, but few have mastered the game as you have. It is always sad to see a good thing end, but Blackwater (with Islas Gemas) will live on as one of the best-loved MDs ever created.

I join the rest of the community in thanking you for sharing it with us.
Joan

metasmurf

Jag förstår att du har beslutat att inte spela på ett tag. SC4 är ett spel som kräver tålamod till förbannelse :P Känns det inte kul, så är det inte så mycket man kan göra. Jag råder dig till att ta en paus från spelandet. Har själv gjort det och det blev roligare att komma tillbaks till. En annan sak är det svåra i att acceptera de begränsningar SC4 har. Man har en vision om hur man vill att det ska se ut, vilket är väldigt svårt att realisera i en så pass gammal och begränsad spelmotor som SC4 har. Hursomhelst så har du bjudit på mycket bra material som gav det svenska landskapet rättvisa (jag antar att det var en av inspirationskällorna? ;) ). Nåväl, får runda av med att önska dig lycka till och hoppas på ett inte alltför avlägset återseende!

Med vänliga hälsningar från Norrland  ;D

Eng: Just some good bye/good luck words.

sim-al2

Blackwater truely opened my eyes to the possibilities of SC4. There's plenty of nice Cjs and MDs, but few live up to your standards. Your tutorials also opened my eyes to how to make a truely realistic port. I hope you stay around and make other improvements to SC4 too.  :thumbsup:

Goodluck!
Alex
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

panthersimcity4

awww  :(

Well I'm glad to hear you'll still be here on Sc4Dev.  :)

Heblem

Quote from: emilin on August 22, 2008, 06:26:24 AM
I may very well take you up on that one... I just need to try a few things out on my own first, to know what I am able to achive. But that would be a very nice opportunity to do something together with others...

You are more than welcome if you want to join us ;)

Quote from: emilin on August 11, 2008, 11:10:04 AM
Hello and thanks for everything!

I got the impression that you know how to import Digital Elevation Models (DEM) correctly into the terraformer. Would you teach me how to do that, please?

Also, please forgive to ignore your PM like from a week, i'll send you a PM later about how to do it, but for know i have no time, i'll leave the PM tomorrow i hope...  ;)

As for your MD its a shame to see it go.. was a great inspiration for me, even what i liked most was Islas Gemas, want to thank you for helping me in testing some of my creations before and i hope you visit us at SC4Devotion frequently  :thumbsup:

Take care...

Shadow Assassin

Aww, it's a shame, but it's always good to take a break. I've taken a break anyway... still do play from time to time, but it's never really enough to post... oh well...

Best of luck with your other SC4 stuff - it should be interesting to see what you come up with.

(Oh, and for creating maps... Photoshop FTW :P)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mightygoose

a beautiful MD assured but everyone needs change in their life, and stagnation is a gamer's worse nightmare, i look forward to seeing what else you bring to the community...

good luck and see you around :)

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ryan B.

Emil, thank you for your time in making this wonderful MD.  I had a great time reading it!

Simpson

Emilin, it's a bad niews for your CJ  &cry2
Your MD is one of the most beautiful in dévotion. I saw the 54 pages and I can say your work is very very réalistic
So take care of your-self my friend

David  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

it's so sad Emil  &cry2
your CJ is very beautiful and it was very hard to create  &apls
like SA said it's always good to take a break and by playing time per time I hope I hope you come back to show us a new city :thumbsup:
good luck for your future staff on SC4

Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bishop Hawke

I have spent the last couple of days reading the MD from start to it's end. Very nice work, but I think I saw one thing that was either missing or you decided not to place on any of the islands. That was fuel stations for all the auto's that are running about. I know they are ugly to look at but they are a piece of the world that is there. It looks great as is. I was just wondering if you left them out on purpose?