• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_1979

Great work I'm spotting in this thread.

One question though, I've looked through the whole thread but the first building with Oppie's Canals is not yet released or is it? I would love to use it in my city!!

Greetz
Alex

le_harv

Wow your work with the Lot Editor is very inspiring to me.

fantnet

Where can I locate the props on the road and bridge from page 2?

Pat

Here you go Fantnet this be the stuff you are looking for - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

fantnet

patfirefghtr - Thanks for the reply. The props I'm looking for is the objects that are on the Ave's and on that bridge. If you look it looks they are light poles with flags, etc

Pat

I belive those are Maxis standered props under street in the LE if im not mistaken??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

I think fantnet is asking about the poles with the yellow banners on them. I do they are from BSC MEGA Props - CARCH Vol01 here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=521
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

fantnet

BarbyW,

what is those props that are on the light pole that have the banners attached?

Badsim

Hi ,

@ fantnet :The light pole is a prop (PKluzglobe) from Porkissimo coming from his Modern Library , the banners are original Maxis' props . You'll find this batch of props with LE named CSign1x2x6 . Here a closer LE view ... ;)

@ alex_1979 , I hope you have found your way since the 18 of July (sorry..) , if not , the file is attached at the end of the post #44 page 3 of this thread .

Thank you for your comments .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

iamgoingtoeatyou

i cannot wait to get home and download all those goodies in this thread, owen already gave me a link to the transit enabled traffic generators and they work great, i can't wait to use those fire lots! &apls

Badsim

Another little thing .... I'm currently playing with ploppable waters and have had this idea to make them looking more alive ; a single tile Lot with sparkles ...

In fact there're 2 Lots , one for DT/Jeronij ploppables waters , the other one for Sorchin ones . It was necessary because these different water "pieces" haven't the same size . For each of these Lots , I've had to compromise between a strong effect and keep on the possibility to use the corresponding ploppable water on them - a minimum free space between props is necessary to be able to use some ploppable stuff from the Mayor Mod... Hope to be clear . ::)

These Lots have a removed base texture with Ilive reader , I've used the original MAXIS PZ1x1_Grass  as building , and the original MAXIS ' prop Effect_sparkles_of_purification_small  , so they have NO dependancies ...

I've modified the properties of these Lots with LEProp so they have no cost to plop , no monthly cost ... you'll find them in your Park & Recreation menu with these following names : SparklesForDTJeronijPloppableWaters and SparklesForSorchinPloppableWaters

You can plop them side by side on the area desired before to plop the corresponding water if it's a new work ... if you plop them on an already achieved work , you'll have to redo it ...

The result on the 3 different DT/Jeronij ploppable waters ... and , as you can see , some others ploppable stuffs from the Mayor Mod is still usable on these Lots .

Same thing for Sorchin's poppable waters ...

As these sparkles are moving and randomly appear , these pictures don't catch the "life feeling" they have in the game ...

A last but important precision , these sparkles props need to be powered (so the Lots ...) . The "fightthepower" doesn't work for them , I've got a Mod which powers automatically all tiles when you have plopped a power station ... but so far , as I don't remember its name , I'm not able to find it again ....

Enjoy ... or not !  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

metasmurf

The mod which powers all tiles is called UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd  and can be downloaded at: http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=361

Ennedi

Quote from: metasmurf on September 25, 2007, 11:47:18 AM
The mod which powers all tiles is called UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd  and can be downloaded at: http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=361

I would like to add there are some plugins in this mod, they offer various utlity (power, water) radius and you should choose only one of them. I suggest one of 3 plugins called "Plugin_512Radius...", each of them covers all large city, so you can place your power/water station in every place.
Personally I use "Plugin 512 Radius No Traffic Pollution".

Badsim, thank you for sparkles! Maybe it was a good idea to make yourself some holidays and go out from AntigOne for a while? :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Badsim thank you..... You have made me veryyyyyy verrrrrrrrrry happy here.... I will for sure enjoy them - pat

FrankU

Badsim!
I tried to use the plopable water on some occasions, but it looked so dull. I think you solved this problem.
Thanks!

Is there any place where I can find a tutorial that teaches me how to delete base textures with the Reader?

jeronij

Very clever lots Badsim  &apls . You are a true artists  :thumbsup:

Sorry for the bump :

There are some news about plopable water....  ;D

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2581.msg77786;topicseen#msg77786
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jmdude1

franku,
try this thread, go to #19 and it will tell you how to remove the base textures with the reader.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2443.0

FrankU

Thanks! I just read it and it answers all my questions.

SimNation

Just stumbled upon this thread today...cant give over how great that Forest fire looks. DL'd it soon as I saw the pictures.
The water sparkles are just what I was looking for for the new transparent plopable water that will do great. To bad we dont have ploppable lava..Id love to make a lava flow that goes into the water that runs from a small fizor somewhere and use ur fire lots to simulate some stuff buring in its laval flow.

Badsim

Hi ,

I decided to upload there the few Lots I've created to represent a more north european (and others crountries ...) forest looking .

A picture from my MD where these Lots are all present ...

The 14 Lots : 11 seasonal woods Lots & 3 Fireweeds Lots

These Lots have been created on the filler Lot from Shadow Assassin's Cycleways Expansion Pack , with the same purposes than the forest fire ones ; a transparent base texture and their availability in the Health menu which isn't overloaded like the Park& Recreation one .Of course , they don't have any health effect . No cost to plop , no monthly cost , no power/water/connexion required , slopes frienly ...use them randomely rotated for a better effect . Last point ,  you should be able to use others ploppable stuffs (Mayor Mod) like ploppable rocks , Sorchin's trunks or Jeronij's bushes on them ...

Dependencies :

- SA Cycleways Expansion Pack1 -STEX- Don't forget to delete others Base Textures.dat files than the transparent one ...
- Jeronij Prop Pack Vol04-Trees -LEX-
- Jeronij Props Vol03 Ploppable Trees and Seasonal Woods -LEX-
- BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01 -LEX-
- BSC MEGA Props MJB Vol01 -LEX-
- BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01-LEX-

Only things everybody should already have .... ;D

I'll need a second post to attach the Part2 as the maximun attachment size allowed is 300Kb per post ... so , part 1...