• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Imperial Republic of Elytheria (Updated: 14/04/2007)

Started by M4346, January 27, 2007, 10:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Incredible! &apls &apls &apls

Those are some extremly nice lots you have here -  and they are working prefectly together. The township looks very real, by the way.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

M4346

I have had a little time on my hands and have just exited SC4 with a few photos. :) I will be heading off to Photoshop soon, and will hopefully post the update tomorrow (as photoshopping takes quite a while, and I have a dinner party tonight (in 2 hours  :D). This would fall in line with my policy of updating once per page, which not only makes it easier for the reader (the page loads faster, if you know what I mean), but it also forces me to update.  ()stsfd()

I thought I'd quickly respond to your comments, while I have time.  :P

Quote from: thundercrack83 on April 10, 2007, 03:40:25 PM
Love the update, M! The Kokopelli Institute looks outstanding, I love the mosaic (Congratulations, Kokopelli!)! I can't wait to see what else you have planned for us.

Thank you very much Thundercrack! ;D I'm sure I will reveal a little bit of what I have up my sleeve soon enough... stick around!  :D

Quote from: Heinz on April 11, 2007, 04:46:50 AM
if this, to you, isn't an update... i don't know what is! but i would definitely love to see an update!!!  :P $%Grinno$% seriously. each time you put something up here, it's a treat. i love the feeling of every tour you give us.  &apls

in the 3rd to the last and 2nd to the last pictures, the ones before the artist's impression, can you direct me to those houses on dirt paths? they look nice. the church and fountain of our lady look very nice. and.. no roman catholic churches in elytheria anymore?

Well, I must have rather high standards then. :P But if you are happy with it as an update, then I'm not going to object.  $%Grinno$% Thank you very much for your comment, and compliments (you make me feel, uhm, warm and fuzzy inside. hehe  :D)

Interesting that you should ask about the Roman Catholic Church in Elytheria... there are currently, for various reasons, no official Roman Catholic Church in Elytheria. But, you will know why soon enough.  ()stsfd()

Thanks again for stopping by!  ;)

Quote from: pipishere on April 11, 2007, 12:54:26 PM
Ohhh a very nice update indeed -M-. I agree with you in regards to having things grow and using the bulldoze tool if it's not what you want as i myself do that! I do use plopables but they are mainly RCI and very,very few landmarks. (I'll prove it if no-one believes me!)

That township is really cute and i like the way the government is not just shutting them out and providing transport etc.

Thank you very much Pip! It's always good to see you here, even though it is out of your "comfort zone" over at ST. I'm still wondering when the Democratic Kingdom of Royal Cytheria would be joining the ranks of great MDs here at SC4D. :P And congratulations on your Membership in the Union:thumbsup:

I have, in the update which will be presented soon as mentioned above, made use of the plop cheat to plop RCI lots. I'll have to wait and see what the outcome is, in other words, what you the MD readers think.  :P

Thanks, about the township. They are after-all valued Elytherian citizens!  ;D

Quote from: Badsim on April 11, 2007, 01:27:35 PM
Great update Marius , I love the Kokopelli ( What's a username ! :thumbsup: ) Institute even if it looks a bit .... austere  ;) , and K. Apartments is my favorite picture ...or maybe  Queen's corner , I can't choose  $%Grinno$% ;  both are stunning ... &apls
Siyaphuluma Township is really good by itself but looks a bit unachieved with this shore too straight to be natural but without seafront walls ... ::)

You  can try the Extra Cheat DLL (actually on the first page of STEX as "All Buildings Ploppable" from gizmocity) to plop growables ... I'm not sure you already know that if you plop residential buildings on existing ones the commute time functions will not work but the building will be never abandoned and the residents number is working well ... without any "No roads" or "No jobs" signs .

Have you solved your LE/SC4Tool problem ?

Merci beaucoup mon ami!

I know Siyaphuluma looks a bit unachieved, well, I guess I had it terraformed for the Zoo (to add seawalls and all that) and didn't think about how it would look pre-zoo. So, yes, I know what you mean. Thanks for your constructive comment!  :thumbsup:

Kokopelli Institute does look austere for quite a few reasons,  :D First of all it's new, and with that it has had limited activity. And secondly the LE doesn't work yet. :P Well, not that it's good, at least not for me. I miss the LE.  &cry2

I have dl'ed and installed (and used for that matter) the Extra Cheat DLL. Thanks!  ;D

Hope to see your MD alive and well soon! And thanks for stopping by!  :)

Quote from: kimcar on April 11, 2007, 01:37:17 PM
&apls Love this update .Nice mosaic and your park too. Great job

Thank you very much, and thanks for your continued support!  ;D This MD will not be the same without people like you that keep me going!

Quote from: patfirefghtr on April 11, 2007, 09:56:38 PM
WOW -M- great and fantastic update,  that artistic shot is awsome i loved it.  see ya's soon - pat

Thank you too Pat.  :) I'm not particularly happy with that "artistic shot," but I'm glad it tickled your fancy!  :P You'll of course soon enough see what the impression was of. So, stay tuned!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kwakelaar on April 12, 2007, 04:13:01 AM
Nice update, I especially like the pictures of the township

Why thank you!  ;D

Quote from: Kokopelli on April 12, 2007, 02:26:12 PM
Wow!!! I don't know what to say. I am deeply honored. Thank you Marius. I'm sitting here looking out my window at a really ugly dust storm and what do I see on my computer, but a beautiful Kokopelli Institute!!   Thank you again, and I hope your studies are going well.

It is, as I've mentioned, my pleasure!  ;D Sorry to hear about the unpleasant weather, but I'm glad you had a wonderful, and beautiful surprise, to soothe the unpleasantness.  $%Grinno$%

My studies are going, yeah, that's about it.  ;D

I started again on Wednesday and I already had an assignment to hand in, and am writing two tests next week.  &cry2 But, I'll survive, as usual. :P Thanks!

Quote from: sebes on April 13, 2007, 02:55:36 AM
Wow M - what a great update from someone without time! Congratz on the anniversary  ()flower()

Thank you very much Sebes... it's been quite a while (my relationship, lol) and I'm still very happy! So, thank you!

Quote from: emilin on April 13, 2007, 04:45:50 AM
Incredible! &apls &apls &apls

Those are some extremly nice lots you have here -  and they are working prefectly together. The township looks very real, by the way.

You flatter me Emilin! You are one of the greatest MDers here, so, it's an honour to hear that, ALL of that.  :D

I guess the township looks very real, because I have (as do most South Africans) had first hand experience with how townships look and 'feel'. It's going to be a pity to demolish it, actually, because I rather like it.  &mmm

Thanks to all who have stopped by to comment, and those who have just lurked too. :P

I hope you're having a great day, and wish you all a great weekend too! See you soon though!

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoder7652

wow...great update M! I really like the Siyaphuluma Township...the plaza around the institute if very classy!

bat

wonderful pictures and great work, M! Looking forward to more! :thumbsup:

M4346

Well, it is "tomorrow" and as promised, here is the next 'update'.  ;D This is a rather 'image-laden' or 'image intensive' update, with quite a few 'mosaics'. I trust that it will be worth it, however.  :P

But first...

Quote from: Yoder7652 on April 13, 2007, 11:36:51 AM
wow...great update M! I really like the Siyaphuluma Township...the plaza around the institute if very classy!

Thank you very much Yoder! It is such an honour to see you here, and to read your very nice comment! Thank you for taking the time to stop by here! I'm glad you found it to your liking!  ;D

Quote from: bat on April 14, 2007, 02:03:41 AM
wonderful pictures and great work, M! Looking forward to more! :thumbsup:

Thanks Bat!  ()stsfd() More is on its way. :P

Siyasebenza "Oude Dorp" (informally "Ou Dorp"), meaning Old Town, is a new concept in promoting and encouraging tourism in the city of Siyasebenza. Ou Dorp was 'opened' along with the city of Siyasebenza's campaign, to promote the city.

(English: We play, we rest, we work.)

Ironically the largest part of Ou Dorp was recently constructed, with the exception of St. Steven's Cathedral, four buildings in the old town's central business district, an old manor on the outskirts of town.

View over "Ou Dorp"

The distinct difference in architecture is almost a dead give-away, with the older, 'real' "Ou Dorp" clearly visible.

The four buildings mentioned above are the Old Post Office (on the corner, with the clock-tower), the Postmaster's Residence (to the right of the post-office), the Old Police and Fire Station (on the other side of the post office) and the, now, Oude Dorp Library - formerly the Old School.

The Row Homes to the top of the image are new additions, much like the rest of Oude Dorp.

The "Oude Dorp" CBD from the south.

From St. Steven's to "Oude Dorp"

The other 'real' old building in Oude Dorp is Orpen Manor, formerly occupied by Eileen Orpen in the 19th Century, now the residence of the pastor of the Dutch-Reformed Church Siyasebenza South. Eileen Orpen contributed significantly to the Kruger National Park in South Africa and the National Zoological Gardens in Pretoria, South Africa.

The Dutch-Reformed Church Siyasebenza South is one of the few churches of the Dutch-Reformed Church in Elytheria. The Church, originally founded in South Africa, is a protestant Church with its roots in Calvinism, as opposed to Lutheranism. It caters mainly for the Afrikaans community in the city, currently numbering at 1 500 people.

The church was recently constructed, along with many other "Dutch-styled" buildings in the town.

The Church and its surrounds

Oude Dorp Kanaal (English: Old Town Canal)

The canal was also recently constructed to add to the aesthetic value of the area. It has no real function except to look pretty, and provide yet another location for the fervent skinny-dippers of Elytheria Novo - something that can almost be proclaimed a national sport as so many engage in it so often. It is even rumoured that the Emperor partakes in this activity from time to time.

Aldeburgh Preparatory School, on the northern border of Oude Dorp, educates the offspring of the upper class of Siyasebenzans. Steeped in tradition, the school traces its roots back to the school (pictured earlier) founded in the Oude Dorp CBD centuries earlier.

Aldeburg Preparatory School

The school is situated close to Marktplein (Market Square) and the business and houses that run along the canal and Marktstraat (Market street).

Marktstraat, the market and businesses and residences.

The market sells many things, ranging from fruit, vegetables and other foodstuff to things that can be found in the stalls of flea markets across the world. Situated along the canal, the railway and within walking distance of mass transit lines, Le Parc De Cedric, and the Oude Dorp CBD, it is centrally located and a favourite of Oude Dorp housewives that run and maintain various guesthouses and other Bed & Breakfast accommodations.

Marktstraat

Marktplein and its surrounds

The Marktplein Fountain features a statue of Governor Aldeburgh (1912 - 2000).

Marktplein to Le Parc De Cedric

The Siyasebenza Tourism Board, situated on the corners of Marktstraat, St. Steven Rylaan and Skuinsstraat (Market street, St. Steven's Avenue and Diagonal Street).

St. Steven Rylaan

Oude Dorp's eastern boundary, where it meets Siyasebenza's surburban areas.

"Old" meets new

Prior to the zoning of the area to become "Oude Dorp" and having had restrictions on building-style put in place, a developer from Saudi Arabia developed the modern apartment buildings at the southern outskirts of Siyasebenza. Understanding the uselessness of having it demolished, and not to mention that such an extreme action would be an incredible waste of money, the municipal council let the development - Lady Fatima Towers - stay, contrasting sharply with the rest of the area.

Row Homes along St. Steven Rylaan

Click to enlarge. (1.134 MB, 2243 x 1374)

That's all then folks, I guess. :P I hope you enjoyed it, and thanks again for all your wonderful comments!  ;D
New Horizons Productions

Antoine

thundercrack83

Stunning work, M! Absolutely stunning. "Ou Dorp" looks great, I love that diagonal building you've used, and the churches look fantastic, too! But my favorite part was the mosaic you made. Great job, my friend!

pipishere

Fabulous -M-! those Row homes are just stunning and the canals look amazing! You really do take this game to another level....a work of art indeed!!!!  &apls :thumbsup:

sebes

Skitterend M!  Absolutely gorgeous pictures. I love the style of your city.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

praiodan

Marius, I love it. Kinda every single pixel is spectacular, but pieced together to these great pictures, they are simply awe-inspiring. Best about these how you arranged the canal... and the position of the Aldeburg Preparatory School... marvelous  :-[

Badsim

Hi Marius ,

Glad that your LE work again  ;) ... I love this update , as usual  ;D. All these colors with your walksides mod and JRJ canal set fit so well .  &apls
Particular and interesting use of roads as cul-de-sac , ( I'm always surprised to see this french word in an english text ... ::) ) and roundabouts even if they're not necessary .
And ... great achievement with this triangular residential block ... :thumbsup:

A request now ; I'm always attentive about trees I don't know so I have to ask from where is coming this green tree ( on the little island precisely )

Thanks . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

To respond to Badsim's query...

The trees that you highlighted are by NOB, available here -> Click! (25th from the top, I think...)

New Horizons Productions

Badsim

OK , I was afraid that they were these .... :D
I've downloaded them years ago (I think ) but dislike them except when the're green  .... ::) , so I deleted them immediately . $%Grinno$%
Only stupid ones never change their opinions , so I've to download and try them again ... :D

Thanks for the information . :P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

You can modify them in the LE and remove the other seasons's trees Badsim! :P
Can't you make the 'summer' or 'spring' tree prop "permanent" so that it doesn't change with the seasons?!

But, I actually prefer the varying seasons because I love the pink blossoms! :P
New Horizons Productions

kwakelaar

Very nice update, some great shots with the w2w building blending in to create a realistic looking city.

Yoder7652

lovely update M. I love the Oude Dorp, especially like the german growables across the street...I might have to start using those  ;D Also, I like the market stalls pic with Jeronij's canals alongside...very nice!

Pat

WOW -M- i loved this update and those NOB trees are very pretty and agreable about the pink lol.
you defintly know how to lead a tour of the citys.  I will be back for the next tour - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

Wow M,

I realy love Elytheria. You made a wonderfull region out of it. Especially your latest update. I lived close the Dutch version of Ouddorp once. It lies near the Haringvliet. But yours is prettier.

Strech.

M4346

It's raining, softly, outside and I'm listening to Heaven can wait by Meatloaf. I thought I'd post this in my MD, because this is my home here at SC4Devotion, and I wanted to share it with you - the readers. Sorry if you don't like it, just skip it, but I'm going to do it anyway. :P

Image... I'm not going to post it here because of its contents which do not belong on this site. But feel free to check it out if you wish.

Tomorrow, at 12:30, it will have been exactly a year since my first ever date with Steve. A year has passed since that fateful Autumn day when I approached, rather bashfully and yet with a flirtatious smile on my face, the man who sat on the bench, fiddling with his diary, smiling and putting it away (in his black bag) as he saw me.

It has been a year since I had to endure the cheesy music in Café Burgundy's, since I first found out that he does not take sugar in his Cappucino (or anything for that matter), prefers it with foam and not cream, and a year since I, later in the day however, made up a sad excuse to get out of coffee with a friend to see him longer.

I remember that day like it was yesterday, I remember sitting outside the Drama Building after having cris-crossed campus talking about this and that. I remember desperately wanting to see more of him, even though he had to pick up his sister from school. I remember more than willingly agreeing to him coming to my house after he had done that. Our long walk on LC De Villiers Sports Grounds (next to the damn, under the pine trees) after I suggested we do that because I was nervous about having him in my room, knowing of course that some form of intimate contact wasn't far off. Strangely enough I wasn't ready for it just there and then, I mean this was my first ever proper date with another guy!

It's been a year since that day, the day that I held him in my arms for the first time, since I kissed him for the first time, a year since I fell madly in love - and it's been going strong for the entire year.

One year down, and if god and he permits it, many more to come.

A year. I'm seeing him tomorrow, obviously, and like every other time it'll be as if I fall in love all over again.

I will update soon, trust me.

But for now I want to revel in this moment. Thank you for your comments thus far, I will respond to it before the next update (which will be on the next page).

Have a great evening!

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions

praiodan

Marius, best wishes to you and Steve for your jubilee! May there be many more years you're happy together!
I know exactly the feelings you described, I have them myself as well when I see or even just hink of my boyfriend  ;D

BTW, I admire your candidness, I wouldn't know if I'd have shared something like this but now I probably would. Seeing people like you here beeing so frankly makes me even more proud of beeing part of this great community!

Again, happy jubilee :thumbsup: