• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks Tag - the Myer Department store has been released.

Get it here: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2043

baconrocky

;D Brilliant, Thanks! I've been waiting for this, its absolutely splendid!

mattb325

Glad to be of assistance Boconrocky....

The police headquarters is now uploaded to the LEX. Get it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2061

Quote from: mattb325 on March 22, 2009, 12:36:54 AM

mattb325

A small surprise

Lakehouse has been released...it was a slightly older BAT, relotted as a highwealth home. Three variants, a 6x6 (low density only - I hate zoning for a set of apartments only to have a high wealth home popping up!!!); 4x3 and 4x4.

There are two rotations: 90 and 20 degrees (to help break the grid)...so go get it.....http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2068

Alfred.Jones

Looks very nice Matt ;)

Have already downloaded them and i'm going to try them out now :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

Henry Midfields

Quote from: mattb325 on December 23, 2007, 04:32:27 PMThat Post Office picture is nice. What street is it on? I'm in Melbourne every couple of months, so I might wander past next time (schedule permitting)

Hey, Matt, this is Henry M. I'm in Melbourne at the moment shall I take some pictures around the place? I'll see if I can get to the top of the Rialto/Melbourne Central/Eureka to take photos of the roofs of the buildings in question. Do you want me to take photos of the Melbourne GPO, or the Town Hall? I can go and do that with 1-2 day's worth of time.

mattb325

Have been doing another set of "Cottages Ornee".

Most of these homes are from American catalogues from the early 20th century

I have quite a few so far and many more in the wings.

This set will also have low wealth homes for a bit of variety (decent low-wealth are particularly useful for farming communities and the like).

The low wealth homes are as follow:

Sterling Cape Cod. A pretty little timber starter home with an attached garage and forward upstairs gables.

The Melrose and Kiowa. The Melrose is your typical 1920s Californian bungalow with Mission influence - there are two versions so far (one with green shingles and the other blue); the Kiowa is a Dutch Colonial revival - unusual in that it is executed in brick. Also in two versions (the angles seen below).

The Glendale is a home from the 1920s, but the design remained popular well into the 1950s: it is quite a large single story house with 4 bedrooms.

La Salle is your typical farmhouse style home from the late 20s. Provided in two versions

Then of course, the medium wealth homes as shown below:

The Warren - unusual in that it was one of the earliest homes (1908) with an attached, subfloor garage. Two options provided

The Pomeroy is an elaborate Queen Anne Gothic revival and is incredibly pretty for such a small cottage

The Newark from 1908. Heavily influenced by the emerging Prarie style. Two versions provided

Here the curved bowed side of the Newark is seen next to an English Tudor revival

A highly elaborate Victorian home

This home with its Prairie influences, formal four-square design, sub-floor garage and clean lines is contemporary even today. Two versions provided

A complicated, unusual and highly elaborate 1920s take on the old english style with multiple gables and complex roofing

Again, the large English tudor home with a smaller, highly romantic timbered take on the four-square

The ever popular American Stick style...

This is the start so far - I have quite a few others and will post when they grow. I think somethin in the order of 30 different homes to grace your suburbs.

All lots are 1x2; 2x2 or 2x3. Expect this pack to be collated within weeks for upload.

joelyboy911

Hey Matt, I just want you to know that I love your suburban house BATs and your wall to wall commercials. They pop up quite often in my MD's region. I was just wondering what you meant by 'Cottages Ornee'. Obviously I know what a cottage is, but ornee?

I look forward to downloading these latest houses.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Leodido

Very nice cottages, great work but I think one of your resident had a problem :(

Quote from: mattb325

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

XiahouDun

I love that Sterling Cape Cod. Its amazing
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

superhands

it just gets better and better as you scroll down the page.. lovely work Matt &apls

"A highly elaborate Victorian home" is one i'll keep an eye out for..

-dave

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Bobbi

Those buildings look beautiful &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

kwakelaar

You have been busy, it all looks wonderful, Matt. Looking forward to see them in use in the different MD's here.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

jacqulina

SimNation

Very nicely done. I love your suburban work. I will make this set for my New York Tile set since my other sets are bloated suburban housing wise. BTW any chance we might see some more w2w row houses from you? I think all the ones you have made are great so far.

SC4BOY

Love that collection of americana.. and love your police station. I wonder if maybe someday when you're bored you'll make a "small station" or even a "kiosk" station with the same approach (not the same radius naturally) .. More of this type are needed since the original maxis was rather shortsighted wrt large lots if they are going to allow them (which of course they were as the old airports, golf courses, etc were among the first offenders... hehe

Does the Bathurst St Station use these type stats?

Jack_wilds

Hello Matt, Jack wilds here...

if your previous houses are any indication,  these ought to be another great sim-housing addition -particularly the 4-square, very good the lotting, the little things that make it all come alive -well done

Jack

tamorr

I am definately awaiting the release of these, as they are such a great looking set like quite a few of the others you have released.. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."