• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I80 Streetlight Mods -Great American Streetlight Mod BETA2 ready for Download!

Started by Interstate80, December 23, 2007, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate80

I read these tutorials before.  From what I've read it seems like it wouldn't be to difficult for me to figure out T21 exemplars but the tutorial on lightcones was hard to understand since I have never really modded before.  How do i get the lightcones in the model files and how do I position the lightcones to show up in the right part of the lamp for shorter or longer arm lengths?

MandelSoft

Do you have Ilive's Reader? With the SC4 Plugin Manager, you won't get anywhere.
Maybe you are counfused of what IID and GID means. IID=Instance ID and GID=Group ID. If you have the reader, it will all make sense.

And remember: The Group ID of the S3D-files and FSH-files must be BADB57F1! You can change this with Tools/TGI Editor in the reader.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Interstate80

I have Ilive's Reader but I dont understand the Resource Key Type 4 part of the tutorial on creating custom working light props.  If I wanted to move the lightcone back or forward a meter what values would I change?

MandelSoft

You must change the fourth value, the z-positon. The second value is the x-position and the third value is the y-position (or height). I hope it helps you. You can always look in my dat files of set one for examples.

And one tip: Experimenting can improve your knowledge! Just try something out and see what happens (that's how I get my knowledge about SC4).

Travis

QuoteAnd one tip: Experimenting can improve your knowledge! Just try something out and see what happens (that's how I get my knowledge about SC4).
Agreed- same here. ::) I wish I could help by the way, but I'm not into network-related modding. $%Grinno$%

Interstate80

I went and tried changing the values on lamp 3 of set 1 to see if I could get the lightcone to move.  Unfortunately I must have changed the wrong value and now it shows the color smudge(brown box) during the day but shows up fine at night.  I changed the values back but it still wont show up during the day.  What did I do wrong and how can I fix this?

MandelSoft

If you show me all values, maybe I can see what you did wrong.

Interstate80

Here is are some screenshots of what I changed.

I think this one is where I messed up.  It was a zero at the end but I changed it to a 2 to see what would happen.  I'm gonna try changing it back to zero and see what happens.

I think this is the value I need to change.

Interstate80

I figured out how to adjust the values for the placement of the lightcones and for lamp 4 I replaced the lightcone with a larger one.

j-dub

Congratulations. You are now on a road of limitless possibility.  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Interstate80

How do I get my other models to show up after modding them?  I tried making the exemplar the same as the ones for set 1 but when i go into lot editor and select it the file and lods are there but no model shows up on the screen.

MandelSoft

Maybe it is a ID-conflict (when two files have the same Type, Group and Instance ID). If so, Re-Index the exemplar files.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Interstate80

I re-indexed the exemplars and I even changed the ID because it had the same one as lamp 1 diagonal from set 1.  Now instead of getting lamp 1 from set 2 I'm getting lamp 1 diagonal set 1.  I changed it from 0x01c40000 to 0x01b40000 hoping it would fix the problem.  How can I change this so that I get lamp 1 set 2 to show up?

MandelSoft

Look at what the Instance-ID of lamp 2 is. Then copy it to the 8th and 24th value of the Resource Key Type 4

Interstate80

I did that but it still wont show.  I even tried using lamp 3 set 2 and it showed up fine LE but when I plop it in the game it shows lamp 1 diagonal-set 1.

No matter what model I set the values for I always get this same wrong model.

This is the model that is supposed show up.

MandelSoft

OK, the following things could be wrong:

- The group ID of the models and the FSH files isn't BADB57F1
   - ID-conflict with models and/or exemplar files (when two files have the same Type, Group and Instance ID)
   - You simply placed the wrong model in the LOT-editor (this isn't quite obvious, but you have to check every aspect).

Hope this helps,
MRTNRLN

Poux

It is answer 1 : the group of the models and FSH whose instance is DDB2000 is not BADB57F1 but BADF57F1.

I tried to change the 8th and the 24th ID in the exemplar property, but it wasn't great.
On the contrary, replacing the Group ID of the models and FSH was efficient.

Interstate80

mrtnrln would it be possible for you to do the lightcone modding for set 2 I've tried everything to get them working but I can't figure it out.  I even deleted the old exemplar and made a new one but now when I go into LE it shows a color smudge instead of the model.   :'(