• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risu

Quote from: dogma555 on July 25, 2011, 02:45:59 PM
Man, I dunno where you guys get all these unique path textures from...
Me neither; I guess they each lotted the paths themselves.

Those are some cool cities btw.

Paulm138

rooker1

Make sure your pic is a jpeg,
host it off site,
copy the link,
in the box below push the preview button,
use the MonaLisa icon and paste the link in between

[img][/img]

Hope that helps you.
Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Paulm138

Here is my CMD/Downtown zoomed out:

This is looking from a high rise Residential area from the South. The RHW/AVE is the main line into Downtown Buffalo:

This is looking from the opposite side of the 1st pic. Residential on the East and South Side with the RHW/AVE Expressway seperating it on the east. Nestled in there is the Historic Downtown shown in next pic:

Historic Downtown with Grand Central Station, the University, and Gov't Buildings. You can see the International Commerce Center to the West. This is the start to the International Business Expansion in Buffalo.

Different view of the RHW/AVE coming in. "West Side" of the CBD with a mix of Historic Buildings and New Corporate Centers:

A view of "Downtown Waterfront" with the "William McKinley International Airport" across the river out of view to the South. Many different levels with the transportation networks.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

apeguy

Nice CBDs @all! :thumbsup:

Paulm138, I would suggest doing something with your waterfront areas, such as industrial docks, it would make it look much better. Other than that, that's a nice CBD you have there, and good use of the RHW too. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Paulm138

Thanks! I like using RHW for practical, yet different interchanges. Rather than the boring old Cloverleaf or something.

dwelln8hss32

Evillions8, nice work on the run down area of your city! Where did you find those awesome grassy parking lots? I've seen them before, and they're perfect.
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Here are severales photos of my CBD by night :

wallasey

Wetsom and Evillions those are some impressive CBDs you have there! Gotta some of my fave views on this thread atm!

sitejunction

Awesome pics everyone.

Heres a downtown area to one of my cities. I'll take care of the zots at the very bottom.

Sky Guy

amazing job everyone
@sitejunction- You make maxis look great there!  :thumbsup:

Here is my capital's downtown area:

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kassarc16

Old Brookhaven

The original, low-density CBD flanked by West Haven Bridge at left and the Brookhaven El-Line on the right.

Night in South Algonquin

The dark stripe is the Liberty Expressway, which enters Liberty Tunnel under Civic Place, bottom left. Southpoint Park is the dark spot on the bottom right.

Nanami

this is from Pasar Selbring, Pondok Daun, Karasem:

banditp61

Downtown Denver, with the Federal District next to the Cathedral.

P.s. Could someone please explain why I have no textures on my one-way roads?

TmiguelT

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"