• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Downtown of Tigropoli is the largest in Qaddro, so I decided show this old mosaic from there. And I'm also little bored.

I try reduce to posting in this theard, but this is so great  ;D

Masochist

Hmmm...long time since I posted in here.  So I guess I'll share some stuff.  Here's a picture of random city lights:

...And a mosaic of the very same area.  This one is inspired by both iamgoingtoeatyou (content and picture style) and deever (editing and presentation), but comes nowhere near the quality of their stuff. Either way...:

(Under Construction)

bat

Fantastic pictures of the downtowns @ all! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Masochist: WOW! That mosaic is absolutely brilliant! Fantastic job!

pipishere

Some great pictures everyone! That mosaic is fab! :)

FromTheAshes

Great pics ALL.
Masochist, why don't you use the bridge height mod?
Visit Vorsfelde.

EDGE4194

Emperor Stormont

Just some from my recent MD update.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Krio

From Qaddro, Ronja's CBD Tonks City

(I hope that I haven't showed this earlier, I read the theard and I saw older pics than these, so I assume that this isn't reposting)

thundercrack83

Brilliant mosaic, Bengt! I love the feel of your downtown, too, with the GLR running through. Great job!

bat

Great pictures of your downtown, belfastuniguy! A great looking mosaic from your downtown, Bengt! :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Bengt, the mosaic is great, but I must say your previous picture (Downtown of Tigropoli) is my favourite  :thumbsup:
(Btw, where did you get these 1x1 cubes from - are they busstops?)

Very few people think not only about separate skyscrapers, but also about skyline  :)

I like your mosaic, but there is very little traffic here and this place looks like very busy commercial district. Sunday morning?  ;)
The GLR and underground station looks very good. Also busstops and avenue divider fits well here.

But about other avenues - if I would build such place, I would leave a bit more space between buildings and avenues (not in every place of course; maybe I would use Ped Mall tiles wchich enable an access to commercial buildings) and put into this space some little objects - kiosks, lateral parkings, maybe sunken park plazas - stairs for this set are great to make an underpass under avenue (eye candy only). Of course it's only my personal opinion - it seems your taste is different from mine  :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Krio

Ennedi: those 1x1 cubes are XDesign's subway stations, I find them really good when making "lines"  ;D There is traffic in avenue, but most of people in my cities use trams or subways, usually stations are full and there is station near every skyscraper  ;D I think too much open space in the middle of skyscrapers looks stupid, towers just stand there and Ronja is 400 year old city, mainly W2W so limited space to build towers  :P

BlaZ

Here Business district in one of my cities  :)

bat

Very nice Business district, BlaZ! Great work! :thumbsup:

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

iamgoingtoeatyou

great downtown guys! :) guess i'll post a little mosaic here, this one is based on canary wharf in london.

Pat

oooooh hotdog you sneek that is a beatiful downtown....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Welcome to page 20!

wonderful mosaic of that downtown, iamgoingtoeatyou! :thumbsup:

EDGE4194

&apls i agree, it's beautiful. nice job IAGTEY  :thumbsup: