• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Chanching base texture for the BSC park set?

Started by metasmurf, February 05, 2007, 07:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

I want to have an own base texture for the bsc park set, is this possible and if so, how do i do it?

Colyn

That is something Barby or Deadwoods will be able to help you with and I almost 100% sure it will very easy.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

deadwoods

Yes, very easy. Two things:
1. Create your own texture and set the IID to be the same as the existing ones (0x4da4460*).
2. Put it in your plugins and make sure all of the other BSC Texture (BSC_Park_Textures_*.dat) files are removed.

Here's a pic of one of the files in the Reader...

David, aka deadwoods

Yoder7652

hey....great question...I was actually thinking about doing the same thing.

metasmurf

M4346

Thanks for the information Deadwoods!  :thumbsup: I have always wondered about the BSC Parks textures, because I would really like to have the sandstone texture to tie in with almost everything else that I use.

I was playing around with it, and before I load SC4 and see if it actually works (which is time-consuming), I was wondering if you think that htis (below) would cut it? (If not, what must I change?)

Thanks again for the great info!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

deadwoods

David, aka deadwoods

M4346

Okay, so I actually took the time to check in at SC4 and found, much to my delight, that my first ever experience with the Reader was a major success!  :thumbsup: So thank you very much, Deadwoods, for the information! ;)

Here's a pic of the "final product."

If you want the .dat file, you can get it here: -> Click!

I would also like to know who is the original creator of the texture, to give him / her the appropriate credit for it. So, if anyone knows, please let me know too.
:P

Thanks again Deadwoods!  &apls

EDIT: Thanks Swamper for clearing the above up. I thought it was Maxis because everyone was using it and it wasn't listed as a dependancy anywhere. :P

I would aslo like to remind those of you who do download the dat file to remove the other BSC Parks Base Texture that you were using.  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Swamper77

The original creator of the sandstone brick texture is Maxis.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deadwoods

np.

I have a feeling that's the same texture I used for the Raised Park City Walls set.
David, aka deadwoods

Colyn

Deadwoods ... dont you want to co-ordinate ... SC4D Members choices in this matter so that we can host them on the LEX ?
Come see CSX Play

deadwoods

Mmmmm, considers whether he wants to take on more work..... I assume that means I'd be uploading extra textures on behalf of folks that create their own. I suppose I could do that. I'd need to create a standard package/readme to cover them.
David, aka deadwoods

Colyn

Come see CSX Play