• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your suburbs!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 18, 2006, 10:26:34 AM
Wasn't trying for usa feel, its just the way the little town grew considering the topograghy.  All i've seen of the USA is on tv, film or photo's and thats the only way I will, as the US Emmigration won't let me in  :thumbsdown:.

Lots of work to do on it but more pics will be forthcomming and I will show them here first. ;D

Really?  Well, it does remind me a lot of a small town in the US.  Most of them have one main street with all of the main commerce, scattered commerce near the middle, and scattered neighborhoods for residents.  Although, most small towns aren't set next to hills along a river like your's is.  I can't wait for more!

(Under Construction)

TheTeaCat

Masochist

Thanks again for your kind comments.

When I first started the town it was more as a test city, but I liked the way it wrapped itself around the river.

After showing the test shot and people wanting to see more, then the positive comments recieved, (plus the fact that an unknown local philantropist with wads of simoleons is willing to provide all the necessary amenities for its citizens  :satisfied:) the town is here to stay! ;D

There will be a little bit of exspanion to the west ( on another tile) not alot just enough to "even" it out on the region map but the next city is underway to the south.

This will be the town of Shaphiyr. (Pronounced "SaF Ear" from Hebrew meaning Beautiful)
I am using a map handmade by Vandy of NHP over at Simtropolis called "Shaphiyr- Hassen"
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17188

But I will be popping back every now and then to see how Carrhae develops next to the main city in the region. Pics will coming bare with me please :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

Hi folks  a few pics of a new housing estate that has just sprung up in Shaphiyr.

Built with a technique by Wounangaine for making cirular roads.

I liked the result and obviously so do the sims! ;D

you can see from the picture how it was achieved. many thanks to Wounangaine for the tutorial on how he made his :thumbsup:

A foggy spring morning

And in the Fall.

Hope you like these.

ps
1ts Accident in Shaphiyr caused by a mum bringing liittle one's to see where Daddy works!

:satisfied:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Alfred.Jones

That looks pretty good TheTeaCat :thumbsup: I like how you used Wounangaine's tutorial for curved roads ;) Keep it up mate :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Ta very much Cobbo  :thumbsup:

"The designer of the estate wanted to leave a lasting impression on the neighbourhood and put a stipulation in the buying clause of each lot that the the resident must have life membership in CND "::)

Again this town develops ramdomly as my mind is influenced on a daily basis hence the reason why I sometimes get so confused ??? lol

bat

Masochist

Very interesting housing community, TheTeaCat!  It's just very nice to look at, and the seasonal trees add a very warm feel to it all.  Nice job!
(Under Construction)

TheTeaCat

Bat, Masochist

Thank you for your comments.  :thumbsup:

The way I build cities is very random. It all depends on how my surroundings appear.
I try to be a bit artistic too :satisfied: but it doesn't always work ::) lol

I live just to west of London not far from Heathrow Airport and it is an area with quite a bit of development going on. This has an influence on me as I cycle to work each day. (One short cut takes me through a building site ( - always good for ideas ::) ) but it annoys the security :D).

All around this area at the moment is the building of the infrastructure to support Terminal 5. So housing is disappearing for industrial estates etc. I can see the good and the bad in this but will have to live with it I suppose. Luckily I am just out of the developing area ;D

Will keep building them and showing them here never fear!

Tea anyone?

mjig_dudy

As with most of my pics, those of you who follow my Cj will already have seen this but, here is the suburb area from an english city i made. What do you think

jacqulina

excellent work and pics you guys  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

mjig_dudy
superb pic :thumbsup:
:oThe housing is just like round the corner ( you been checking out google earth dude?)

I like how you did the pedestrian area around the shoping area within the castle walls  :thumbsup: &apls  Very nice indeed!

Encore &apls

jacqulina

wonderfull work on those suburbs you guys

Alfred.Jones

Awesome work Mjig_dudy. I really like the style of houses and the walls. Keep it up mate

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

jacqulina

wow these pics are awesome you guys

TheTeaCat

A few more for your delectation

The new Cricket Pavillion is very much a  :thumbsup: to Callagrafx http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17366and for "helping understand the rules?"

"Aaahh, Cricket...A game with lots of ins and outs, played by Gentlemen in white with red balls. The rules are simple:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game.

Howzat?"         Unquote

Couldn't have put it better myself

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Another great suburb, TheTeaCat!

jeronij

TTC and mjig_dudy, very nice pics indeed  :thumbsup:

mjig_dudy, in fact, this city looks VERY english  ;)
TTC, I specially like the use of these reefs under the bridge....I like it...Did you see Sorchin´s reefs uploaded recently to the STEX ?¿, they give more variety to this technique (which I havent used much btw...  &blush )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Thank you all :D

jeronij :thumbsup:
You are very observant. Yes I happened across them one day took a look and thought wow got to have them.
Sorchin plopable Flora http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17099

I think they work very well. Takes a bit of practice to work it all in but the effect is worth it I think.