• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your best Terraforming!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

wonderful using of the trees, Alek King of SC4!
great development...

pvarcoe

Super region Alex. That is a real good job of no semas showing with the trees. I agree with you, max density with the tree controllers is way to go. 
I have noticed with my Teton region, and you have a little bit of it too; I am still getting the odd seam visible in the mountainy areas. Have you played with those seams at all, and/or figured out how to minimize them?

Alek King of SC4

not really i noticed a few as well, bit i figured it took so long and so much tweaking to get like this that i should just be statisfied.  I have a few more just trees NHP maps i can show later  ;D

pvarcoe

That would be good.
I'll look forward to those!

Citynut

Ok this is my second attempt at SC4Terraformer - much better than my first. Still have alot of work to do on it. Just thought I would give you all a glimpse
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

jmyers2043

Hi citynut - looks like a perfect region for a ... mining company perhpas  :)
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

wouanagaine

Cool map citynut
I think some small rivers will make good addition

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NikNik

Nice work Citynut.

I agree with Wouanagaine, some smaller rivers might spice up the map.

Nik-Nik

bat

Citynut

Ok here is an update on Citynut's Cove - did some more work on it today and I think it now ready for the ingame fine tuning so to speak. If anyone is interested I'll post the SC4M at the BSC-LEX but here is a pic

I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

wouanagaine

YEah, that's a good map. I like the additions you made
I still recognize the 'SC4TF' mountain style shape :). I still have to discovered how to get rid of it without destroying other parts of the map

However I think it will be enjoyable to play on it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

thundercrack83

The map looks good, though I do agree with wouanagaine that some smaller rivers would make a great addition! Keep up the good work!

bat

The map looks better now ;)

Wonderful addition of the small rivers and "mountains"

Menotyou

Beautiful region Citynut! &apls

Edit: I have some of a region that I'm working on in SC4T.

wouanagaine

The rolling hills are great, but I' m not fan of your lake, the cliffs seems a bit too rough ( from this point of view )
You also seems to not have the latest SC4TF, I know the latest is not very easy to find, go around page 28 on the SC4TF Dev thead at ST, you'll have contour lines, something I found very usefull when making a fantasy map

New Horizons Productions

jplumbley

That looks great Meno!!

Only thing I have to say to "upgrade"  the rolling hills you have... If you go over them with a strong erode tool and then a soft smoothing tool it will make your terrain come out nice and somewhat "realistic"
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Menotyou

Okay, thanks for the advice, this is the first time I used SC4T, and I downloaded it a few months ago. That cliff was made with water erosion, and it made a really harsh cliff.

bat

Great hills, but the lake looks a bit unrealistic!

Menotyou

Okay, that map is done now. I fixed the lake and have the latest terraformer. I have two overview shots and more will come later.

bat