• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkus' Non-Transit Stuff

Started by Tarkus, February 07, 2008, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

You are very kind. Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

papab2000

Got your terrain mod, will try it out

Thanks,
Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Tarkus

Well, it's been awhile since I've really done anything "non-transit", but I figured I may show a little project I started on--my first ever attempt at really lotting anything. 

Anyone remember the old Target that joerg did a few years ago?  Well, I've used the X-Tool on it and re-lotted it myself.  It's a growable Stage 2 CS$$ on a 6x8 lot, with 524 jobs.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

wow alex that is a great relot!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

Not bad! I would recommend another tile of parking lot, though, to accommodate the packed store that the day after Thanksgiving always brings (since it's the beginning of the Christmas shopping season)

I know this is your non-transit thread, but is that avenue a real TLA or is it that eye-candy skin? I like how it has the sidewalks on only one side - I'd like to be able to try that one out on some of mine.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

blade2k5

Ooooooooo!  I could use this in my cities.  Nice work Alex :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

jplumbley

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 24, 2008, 06:45:05 PM
I know this is your non-transit thread, but is that avenue a real TLA or is it that eye-candy skin? I like how it has the sidewalks on only one side - I'd like to be able to try that one out on some of mine.

Its real and fully functional.  There are a few things that arent ready, but it is not far away from an internal test of (TLA-5).  Other parts of the NWM still have more work to be done on them.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Shadow Assassin

Er, there's no image showing up.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

papab2000

Nice job, then you made the Target into a CAM lot? The 5 lane road is like most of the roads here in Michigan.

Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Haljackey

I've never been to a Target myself, but at least my sims will get a chance to!

Great work Alex!  I agree with what nerdly_dood said about adding an extra tile for parking, but other than that it looks fantastic!

Best,
-Haljackey

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

Well, I think it's time to revive this thread.  Thanks for all the comments/suggestions on the Target lot!  I got tied up with the RHW and had kind of forgotten about it--one of these days, I'll have to get it ready for a proper release.  

I've also just started another little side-project just for the heck of it here . . . I've actually started messing around in the BAT a little.  I've started out with something very basic that I've wanted to do for some time now--gas stations.  The first one I'd like to show is a Chevron station that I have in progress.  There's still some details on the canopy that I need to add, and I'd like to make some outbuildings (garage, car wash, etc.) to accompany it.

The gas pump model I've used here is actually a model Google did for SketchUp that I've modified a little bit, which I was successfully able to import into Gmax.  Once I get a little more accomplished, I might replace it with a custom model.  I'm still getting the hang of some of the stuff, and with some help from Jan (Swamper77), I figured out most of the texturing end of things.  

Here's an in-Gmax shot and a couple in-game shots on a quick-and-dirty lot I worked up.

I'm still trying to get the little side-logo to look right.  I'm using a transparent texture on a Box polygon right now, which took a fair amount of adjustment to do initially with the UVW Map modifiers, though I'd like to figure out if there's some way I can just extrude the transparent logo like I did with the text.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful . . . I'm still a rookie BATer here.  ::)

-Alex

threestooges

Rookie BATter? Nah... you've been doing this for years now and you're just showing your stuff right? In all seriousness, you are off to a great start Alex. I've been thinking about a station like this for some time now. I know there are some out there now, but none of them have quite fit the bill. This one looks like it's on the right path. Perhaps just a different/dirtier texture for the roof. Very nice start. I can tell we'll see some good things from you here. I'm sure they warned you how the BAT can suck your time away (much like many of the other projects you've been working on, so I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle).
-Matt

wouanagaine

That's look pretty good for a rookie :)

Chevron is not in France, so I can't compare with a real one, but apart from the roof, you'll do a pretty job
I hope you'll get some nice nitelite from the logo

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Ryan B.

What the deuce?  Non-transit stuff, too?  Get back in the NAM lab!

:D  :P

Just kidding, Alex.  That Chevron looks great so far.   :)

choco

very nice alex!  careful with that BAT....gets a bit addicting. :P

you could make extrusions for the letters, but honestly, it'd take a great deal of time.  making shapes off the grid is easy if you set a vertex template with a bunch of small lines.......then use the vertex snap to get the arcs you want.....

dunno.....BATs not too good with small details like that....

cogeo

Yeah, you will have to somehow model it, I'm afraid.

Tarkus

Thanks for the all too kind words, guys!  And thanks for the suggestions as well--they're very much appreciated. :thumbsup:  I played around with it a little more and this is how the shorter side looks at the moment.

I did end up having to model the little top part of the actual Chevron emblem, as choco and cogeo suggested, but it ended up being a lot easier than I expected, fortunately.  I just stuck a Plane on there and used Edit Mesh to make it conform.

You'll also see I'm experimenting with a new roof texture as well.

-Alex

metarvo

Oh... yes.  ;D  This looks very good so far.  After all, those cars going up and down the RHWs need gas once in a while, don't they?  I seem to recall someone requesting some gas stations a few weeks ago, so I'm sure they would like to see this.  Nice work, Alex.  It's a surprise, but we do like surprises, right?  ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.