• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adroman

A little Lot Editor project I started a few weeks ago...

Just the modular runways with Tabi's QANTAS Airbus model...

Feedback'd be appreciated...
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

jmdude1

here is a lot that ive just started editing.  its not the best model (much, much better than what i could do) but i like its uniqueness.  its based off a real building
somewhere, i cant even remember where i got this bat from, or who made it.  anywho, i was looking for some help.  im not sure which base textures i should
use, mainly for the center part.  its difficult to find any textures that are able to follow these curves if i was to use muliple base textures or overlays.  also, any recommendations
for props?  ive found that ave. roundabout fillers fit well with the curved inner section (the top of pic 3) but thats a bit showy for this i think.  i was hoping to make the lot just as unique
as the building but i dont think its gonna stand out too much. 

any ideas from you lot making gurus out there would be appreciated.  if not, i will post the finished product in the 'custom lots' thread sometime soon.

nas-t

@ jmdude1: what a wonderful building. remembers me of some blocks in former east berlin or some buildings in moscow i've seen.

i think a playground for kids to play, teen to hang out, smoke and do whatever, would be realistic. maybe sum trees, a small sea too.

sithlrd98

It is a unique building! I think I remember seeing it a while back over at Capital Simcity. I have no input on props , but since it was a low wealth building(or at least a government type housing)except that  I think some concrete and some scrubby flora would be a start...if that was the direction you were thinking about.

Jayson

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

cheezymadman

Started my first major foray into terraforming today. Up until now I've been playing on the Maxis regions, and only changing the landscape when I needed to for development or somesuch. Started out with a blank "new region", and here's what I've got so far. Some advice would be really helpful, as I've got no idea what I want to do with the area south of the river.

The part where the river forms an island is probably my favorite area, and I'm thinking of making that one of my major commercial centers. The delta is probably going to be mostly residential, with some light shopping areas and pedmalls.

Another thing I'm wondering is the mountains. Is it possible to add waterfalls to make that area look more realistic? Mountain lakes don't just form like that, they need a feeder system.

RebaLynnTS

The only way to make waterfalls is to use plopable lots. There are a few on the LEX, STEX (At ST), and the PLEX (at SimPeg).
Becca

cheezymadman

I figured out the waterfalls part. Too bad they don't show up on the region view. I used the Wave3 stream mod, I think it was called.

As for my region, I'm wondering if there's a way to shrink the overall size down. If I could get rid of most of the area south and east of the river, it would really cut down on empty space to fill. Plus it would make it easier to get a nice-looking region with less flat ground and more city density.

RebaLynnTS

You can try making the config file smaller, or just making the parts you don't want gray. But, make a back up first.
Becca

cheezymadman

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize you could do that with the config bitmap. Region Census is a nice little tool, too. Full region pics with no toolbar? Yes please.  ;D Here's what I've got now.

KoV Liberty

Nice work! Heres mine... It is the Largest Land Rec. Project in my MD's history.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

RebaLynnTS

cheezymadman: Glad I could help. I'll have to look into the tool.

Driftmaster07: Big project for sure.
Becca

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

peter007

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

Steamrobin

May I post a picture I made for my CJ ?
I find it interesting for this thread...

I am working on this country since few weeks and have already a lot of projects (and works) to do in goal to make the best maps and cities I can.
The begin of the list is :
- new vineyards(almost completed. I am now askng me f I try to put them seasonal or not. Hard work...);
- new rural items (to complete the Ruralset I made and put on the Stex);
- new south France buildings and houses (half completed). I ll have to handle the family prop component to bring this serie at a high usability level...;
- new props and shop signs (like window boxes with geranium or "Café-Tabac" shop sign)

To illustrate these projects, here is a good illustration :

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

Steamrobin

As you can see in my CJ, I am batting some new houses to suit with my Beaujolais Valley design. A total of about 20 models are planed and 6 are already made...
These are French houses and buildings very common in the center and south of France (but not the far south like Provence or Côte d'Azur where houses are more Mediterranean styled).
These days, I am planing some improvements to this serie like making some variations of colors on the roofs, the walls, the windows frames, etc. Also, making some shop signs as props like "restaurants" or "café-tabac" typical in France.
In this way, I had the idea yesterday to create some windows box with geranium, as props.
I find it pretty cool and really in touch with the look of some rurals towns and villages. In France, we have a kind of annual competition between the towns that is called "Villages Fleuris" (Villages with flowers).
I am searching other ideas like this one. Easy to put on a building (or props) to make random variations while ploping them (using the family prop properties to change props at each clic or while growing...).
For example, I think to create some really different cheminees terminations to put them on the existant and basic model I did yet. Or putting some antenas of different sorts...
Have you got any other ideas or feedback about this ?
For example, why not creating the doors as props to vary them ?

As always, like for my Ruralset, I am searching new ideas that focus on simple concepts like puzzles and one vision that could be sum up like this : "How obtaining more with few" ? More variety, more usability, more originality, more perennial, etc.

On the pict below, the window boxes come with 3 sorts : red, yellow and mixed geraniums :

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

RebaLynnTS

Very nice work. Right now I am working on curves for my ARS.

Becca

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog