• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making Models for Transit Networks: Some General Specifications

Started by Tarkus, February 22, 2008, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Underpasses (well at least orth ones) are much simper than diagonals.
You are right in that you are looking for HEMIS orth next to RHW-2xRoad = HEMIS Orth next to HEMIS over Road.

The RHW-2xRoad is just a texture it is not a S3D

Jonathan

mtg

;D

Wohoo! that wasn't that difficult!

PS. I screwed up elevating the orthoMIS that's why the barriers don't show, I'll fix that soon  :)

Jonathan

btw, you might want to use 00004b0a-e instead of 00004b00-4 in the material of the road on your Road underpass, this is the IID of the darkened road texture, so that the overpass blends in better with the road.

but that is just cosmetic and it doesn't really matter.

You should be able to pretty much copy and paste the RULs you made for Road underpass and use them for Street, OWR and Rail. But you'll have to add RULs for Road underpass next Street underpass etc.

Also you'll need to add RULs that allow you to place underpasses next to curves. If you haven't already.

Jonathan

mtg

Quoteyou might want to use 00004b0a-e instead of 00004b00-4

thanks for the tip, I just picked one  ;)

QuoteAlso you'll need to add RULs that allow you to place underpasses next to curves. If you haven't already.

You mean the curves in the HEMIS?

QuoteYou should be able to pretty much copy and paste the RULs you made for Road underpass and use them for Street, OWR and Rail. But you'll have to add RULs for Road underpass next Street underpass etc.

I will get in this tonight I think, shouldn't be that much work. one quick question and one less quicker.
First the quick one: The paths on the intersection pieces, how is that managed. I've been looking in the RHW dat. and I guess that it is some how group based, or am I missing something.

Second question, one that's more of an opinion, The columns of ERHW they look good on lower elevation, but I think on this 30m elevation the round ones I used look better (they should have a bigger radius though) I'd like to hear the opinions on that matter, because I'm going to remodel the ramp tonight as well, because it still needs allot of cosmetic work, and I thought lets do it right this time.
I hope you people give some feedback on this!  :)

-edit- Hmm didn't get to it, next week it will be than,  :(, I'll be away most of the weekend.

mtg

WOW what's this??

Jonathan

ah, I may have been wrong about those IIDs, that multi coloured texture is like the big brown box when you have a building on a lot missing, except for textures. It means there are no textures with that IID in the mats section of the S3D.

Just stick with textures ending in 0-4.

mtg

ok, thanks.
on the rail texture I used 0x03031504 (the only ortho one on the list, or did I screw up?)

mtg

mtg

mtg

I figured out what went wrong, I made a mess of the RUL  &ops!

For the transition ramp, I'm now thinking about not to model the ramp again, but to elevate the pieces that now make the EMIS ramps. That would make them line-up  perfectly with the rest of the network wouldn't it!?

Jonathan

QuoteFor the transition ramp, I'm now thinking about not to model the ramp again, but to elevate the pieces that now make the EMIS ramps. That would make them line-up  perfectly with the rest of the network wouldn't it!?
It would, but remember it would then be a EMIS to HEMIS ramp not a MIS to HEMIS ramp, but it doesn't really matter as you'd just have to place a MIS to EMIS ramp before. In fact it makes it more modular.

mtg

A EMIS to HEMIS ramp would look a bit odd don't you think? I't would more look like a roller-coaster than a highway!
I'm planning to elevate the pieces in the reader and make it one ramp, I think the best way is no take a pencil and paper and sketch it!   

mtg

A little progress update how do you guys like the new ramp!?
I putted him next to his little brother  ;D

Ryan B.

I'll use the same line I used in the CityScape thread:

Yo, that's all sorts of epic.  Nice work!

mtg

Quoteonly the lines are on the wrong side You just need to swap the UV Coordinates in the reader

I wanted to do that tonight!

mtg

Hmm, small problem when I swap the UV coordinates it turns the texture 90degrees ?? how do I flip it the full 180?

mtg

Got it!  ;D
just change the 1s in 0s and the 0s in 1s in the U tab!