• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Purses Popping Up Allover Steven's Point

Started by Starmanw402007, February 29, 2008, 08:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Hello Mayors, I've got a problem with purses popping up all over Steven's Point Residental. I just slipped past 100,000. My question is should I start over or what?
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

paroch

Whenyou say purses - I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you have an in-game pic to show us?

I can only imagine you're talking about the "no job zot", which is a briefcase in a red circle with a red line through it.  They appear above residential lots.  If this is the case then you need to zone more industrial lots so your sims have plenty of jobs. 

But post up a pic so that we can be sure of what you mean please.  Then you'll get the right advice.

Starmanw402007

Yes, that's what I meant briefcase with a circle around it. I have the commericals and Residental area divided by a main highway that runs through the entire city of Steven's Point from East to West. And other highway crossing the middle part of Steven's Point from South To North with a cloverleaf interchange Dividing the 4 sectors of Steven's Point. The other problem is I have mansions again popping up in Low residental are and I have the taxes set @ 20.0. I may have a feeling that I might have to start over. But if I can fix it so I dont, I'll be happy. Also, I have a subway system and a bus station service throughout the city.

Your Friend;

RebaLynnTS

Do you have any industry near by (in a near by city) with good connections to it? This can sometimes help.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Starmanw402007

Might have to create a new city for that idea LOL, Didnt think of it. Cause my populaton just clipped the 100k mark.
Your Friend;

RebaLynnTS

I usually have an industrial city next to, or near by, a residential / commercial one. This keeps the polution out of the residential city. Then, as long as you connect the two, it works really well (rail / subway / bus work best for me).
Becca

xxdita

Starman, there are a lot of things to consider for dealing with the No Job Zots. A better transportation system with mass transit routes to your Commercial and Industrial zones can help. As can rezoning a few delapidated blocks of Res to Commercial, or some Commercial Plops.
Use the Census Repository Vers 2 to see exactly what kind of jobs your Sims want, and zone or plop appropriately.
What traffic simulator are you using? The newest NAM simulators may take some getting used to, and rethinking of your playing style. As there are two simulators, with 3 options each, it may be time to switch to the next one, to allow for more capacity.
Pics of the city would help, and maybe a screenie of the Census Repository info as well.

Starmanw402007

I might start over with a whole new region. I'll delete all my regions I creaed and come up with a brand new region. I hate do it, but I may try your suggestion Reba. And Thanks in advance for your advice and everyone else that responded.
Your Friend;

Pat

that might not be to bad of an idea if you want to loose all that hard work Starman, what you can do instead is realing the city a bit to start to include the new transportation network...  just plop over some residentals or commercial area and pretty soon you have a new network...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

I can't tell you how many times I have just started over. As I said before, if I am not happy, no matter how much I have put into it ... it's gone. I learn from the past, and do better next time.
Becca

xxdita

I find it easier to at least try a few different things to fix the city I'm playing than to start all over again. If I don't learn from the mistakes I'm making, or figure out the problem, then I'm probably just going to screw up the next city too.
Sometimes it's all just a matter of adjusting to a new mod.

RebaLynnTS

Most of the time, I don't have more than 2 or 3 cities. Now, however, I have a region I am very happy with, and it has about 20 cities started in it. My only real problem, is my computer is just not powerful enough to play big city tiles.
Becca

Starmanw402007

I cant seem to make up my mind when creating cities. I've been trying different ideas. but sometimes I get too frustrated with it and destroy my city.
Your Friend;