• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

blade2k5's Real World+Fantasy Maps

Started by blade2k5, April 02, 2008, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which China Maps Would You Like To See Released

Fuzhou
Ningdai
Shantou
Zhao'an North

Pat

Daaaaaaaaang Troy talk about stunning details and work here and hmm the whole darn continent of Aussie land now that should be sweeetness!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

Blake2k5, Stunning work and you have captured Racine-Kenosha area perfect. yes, Wisconsin can be tricky unless you are near the lakes and some rivers. Thanks alot. JKB :thumbsup: &apls :o
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

blade2k5

Thanks bakerton.  I'll get it packaged up and it should be uploaded by Sun or Mon :thumbsup:

As promised earlier today, here is the SC4Tf overview pic of San Antonio TX.  Before we get to the pic though, I want to mention that something strange appeared on the map that has never happened before.  I spotted it as soon as I went to take this pic.  Can any of you spot it?  And to the 2 of you who already know what the answer is, no spilling the beans "$Deal"$

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I dl'd the entire Oregon coast that I plan to map in the very near future + I've been commissioned for another project that I'll begin giving details to at a later date.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteOh, where exactly is Ayers Rock located?

Somewhere in the middle of Australia.  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 16, 2008, 09:26:05 AM
JP!!!!  How's it going buddy?  Real glad to see that you stopped in and checked out my new Real World Maps.  As for not telling you-know-who, I think he'll notice it right away :P  I did before I read the PM jeronij sent me a few nights ago :thumbsup:  You have any places around the world you'd like to see mapped?  Toronto perhaps?

Not quite  ::)  Travis did make me a map of my home once...  But, Ive lost it.. Sorry Travis. Dont hurt me...  The area I would love to play on in the Hamilton-Burlington Area of Ontario.  The Burlington Bay is a beautiful area that may be a very good place to play SC4 on.  I dont want something "too big" maybe a smaller project for you 4x4 or 6x6 large map size.  I think Travis had it 12x12.

Hey... whats this about me not showing up.  Of course I have been around!  ::)  I just like to watch and keep my mouth shut while others gawk and praise you, Im your teammate and Im s'pose to act like Ive seen it all before from you.  :-\
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 16, 2008, 09:26:05 AM
Anyways, Brisbane and Melbourne + Sydney Perth...in fact the whole darn continent of Australia will be mapped :thumbsup: 

Looking forward to that!! I'll definitely be using the Perth maps :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

blade2k5

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 16, 2008, 07:28:37 PM
Somewhere in the middle of Australia.  ;D

Ok thanks....That narrows it down :D  By the way, just finished dl'ing the region of Australia where Brisbane is located, will be working on that soon :thumbsup:  I'll be getting Melbourne area next ;)

Quote from: jplumbley on April 16, 2008, 07:41:15 PM
Not quite  ::)  Travis did make me a map of my home once...  But, Ive lost it.. Sorry Travis. Dont hurt me...  The area I would love to play on in the Hamilton-Burlington Area of Ontario.  The Burlington Bay is a beautiful area that may be a very good place to play SC4 on.  I dont want something "too big" maybe a smaller project for you 4x4 or 6x6 large map size.  I think Travis had it 12x12.

Hey... whats this about me not showing up.  Of course I have been around!  ::)  I just like to watch and keep my mouth shut while others gawk and praise you, Im your teammate and Im s'pose to act like Ive seen it all before from you.  :-\

Hamilton/Burlington Bay is now on the list :thumbsup:  Not sure about a 4x4, but a 6x6 might be doable depending how large the area is.

Quote from: Alfred.Jones on April 16, 2008, 08:23:18 PM
Looking forward to that!! I'll definitely be using the Perth maps :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, first up will be Brisbane, then Melbourne.  After that, and depending how bogged down I am with other projects, I'll begin working on some more Aussie maps.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 16, 2008, 08:45:11 PM
Ok thanks....That narrows it down :D

It is here Link (Looks amazing!)

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 16, 2008, 08:45:11 PM
Well, first up will be Brisbane, then Melbourne.  After that, and depending how bogged down I am with other projects, I'll begin working on some more Aussie maps.

That is cool. No hurry!!

Sim City 4 Devotion

Shadow Assassin

Oh, yeah, and I can see the freeways on that San Antonio map!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Again a fantastic map there, blade2k51! Also looking forward to the next ones...

DFire870

This is pathetic... I live like 100 miles from San Antonio and it still took me forever to find out what was different about the SA map. But I found two things: the freeways are visible (like what SA said), but also, a landfill is visible near the northern edge of the map. ;)

Anyways, all these maps are amazing, can't wait to see what's next.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Pat

Dang Troy didn't I telll you that SA would get it  :D  It took me awhile yesterday when Troy first showed me and now that I know they are there is pretty screwwie lol.....  Looks good though otherwise Troy!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on April 17, 2008, 02:53:00 AM
Oh, yeah, and I can see the freeways on that San Antonio map!

:thumbsup:  Yup, that was the oddity I was talking about.  Odd how those appeared as part of the map, but oh well, at least now you know where to build your freeways :thumbsup:

Quote from: bat on April 17, 2008, 05:57:03 AM
Again a fantastic map there, blade2k51! Also looking forward to the next ones...

Thanks again bat ;D  Unforyunately, I gotta go back to work today and so for the next 3 days or so, I won't have a whole lotta time to work on any new maps. :P

Quote from: DFire870 on April 17, 2008, 06:32:25 AM
This is pathetic... I live like 100 miles from San Antonio and it still took me forever to find out what was different about the SA map. But I found two things: the freeways are visible (like what SA said), but also, a landfill is visible near the northern edge of the map. ;)

Anyways, all these maps are amazing, can't wait to see what's next.

-- John

If you're talking about the two sorta squared pieces of land near the top, I was wondering what that was.  At first I thought it was a glitch in the data.  Brisbane Australia is up next as requested by SA :thumbsup:

Quote from: Pat on April 17, 2008, 08:16:52 AM
Dang Troy didn't I telll you that SA would get it  :D  It took me awhile yesterday when Troy first showed me and now that I know they are there is pretty screwwie lol.....  Looks good though otherwise Troy!!!!!

That you did Pat. 

Now the question is, do I leave the map as is, or do I 'erase' the landfill and freeway bumps in the map?  What do the rest of you think?

Pat

you know what I think already on that one Troy... But I will say it again, I think it would be nice to see if folks actualy put the highways there lol... Or if you think you can erase the lines then do it...

A200

I look forward to some of your Australian maps  :P one of Brisbane would be awesome as well as Sydney. Good work  &apls

superhands

thanks blade for mapping Adelaide :thumbsup:

can't wait to see what's next

blade2k5

Quote from: A200 on April 17, 2008, 04:19:08 PM
I look forward to some of your Australian maps  :P one of Brisbane would be awesome as well as Sydney. Good work  &apls

Thanks.  After Brisbane and Melbourne, I plan to do one of Ayers Rock :thumbsup:  Sydney is also on the list, just a little further down is all.

Quote from: bighead99999 on April 18, 2008, 06:10:37 PMthanks blade for mapping Adelaide :thumbsup: can't wait to see what's next

Well, there will be some maps of Greece coming soon [I really like the shape of Greece and it's countless number of islands.], plus a few other surprises :thumbsup:

Pat

ooo ooo I cant wait for the greece maps to come out!!!

Gaston

The Greek Isles.   Very kool.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

blade2k5

Potland Oregon, Gary Indiana and Racine/Kenosha Wisconsin have been uploaded to the LEX and STEX and the Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Whitney maps have been combined as a 2-pak and uploaded on the STEX.  As soon as I get a little history on Brussels Belgium, it will also be uploaded to the LEX/STEX.

As for the inactivity the past week, I've been trying to quit smoking to bring my high blood pressure down [last year when I had my hernia operation, my blood pressure had spiked to 196 over 116 and literally freaked my doctors out :P ], and my patience has been running thin [due most likely to the nicotine withdrawls.....I've been a smoker for nearly 27 years].  So, for now, I haven't been doing much except working, pacing back and forth and/or sitting in front of the pc just cruising the net.  Hopefully, this in-activity won't last too long as I have a lot of requests to fulfill and don't want to disappoint those who have shown me tremendous support.  This isn't the first time I've tried to quit, but this time around my wife is also trying to quit so at the moment, there are no cigs in the house and it's absolutely driving me nuts :D  but I'm determined this time around. :thumbsup: