• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM April 2008 Version is here!

Started by The NAM Team, April 24, 2008, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

I'm wondering asking about the rotation.  I don't think we've messed with that, but it's relative to the direction of dragging, not to the game world.

And yes, the 1 tile problem is across all the road networks except for the Ave due to its dual nature.  Streets and OWR do have the problem.

Andreas

Well, Maxis screwed up the textures badly by making them one pixel too narrow (or too wide, if you like). I think frimi tried to fix it in some cases with his Euro Road Textures Mod, but since there are way too many textures, and too many intersection textures in particular, only a complete rework of all textures would fix the issue once and for all... As Diggis said, it also depends on the direction how you draw the roads, since the game rotates all textures itself, so you only need one texture for all possibilities (i. e. a single street intersection in eastern/western/northern/southern direction).
Andreas

videosean

Quote from: Andreas on August 14, 2008, 01:41:06 PMAs Diggis said, it also depends on the direction how you draw the roads, since the game rotates all textures itself
It's been my understanding assumption that the 0, 0 position texture up = north or west in the game but I lean towards north.  These pics show what I mean I think.

Diggis

No, 0,0 is the default direction of the texture, relevant to the direction of dragging.  If you drag a road piece of road and then drag another straight into it from the other direction you will see the 1 pixel overlap.

Shadow Assassin

For the sake of convenience, also, I'd suggest using the colour palette of the default Maxis textures, otherwise it'll look odd when the new textures are slightly 'off' colour-wise from the old.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

czkimi

:DSome of the modules can not commute

YYCRAZYHH