• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Groovy Guacamole For The Gamer

Started by TopCliff, April 27, 2008, 09:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopCliff

I make a mean guacamole, and here's how to make it. It's perfect for people out there gaming. Just put the bowl next to you, and grab a bag of Tostito's! Here's how to make my famously spicy guacamole.

1. Be sure to have these items: five avocados, salt, ground pepper, one orange bell pepper, one tomato, a bottle of Tabasco (optional), a lime, and a lemon. Oh, and a bog bowl, a very sharp knife, and a potato masher.

2. Cut up the avocados, and throw it in the bowl. BEFORE mashing it all together, throw in a pinch or two of pepper and salt. Then mash the avocados up.

3. Now that it's a thick gooey paste that looks like baby food, cut the lemon in half. Grab both halves, squeeze all the juice out. It's fine if a seed or two is thrown in. Then mash it a little more to circulate the the lemon juice throughout.

4. Repeat above step, only with the lime.

5. Now that you have the basis, time to add the chunky stuff. First, dice the tomato so that you have tiny little cubes of licopene-y goodness. Then put about one-third of the chunks in, and mix them around a little. Then do the same with the other two thirds, mixing them in as you go.

6. Now it's time to heat things up! Dice that bell pepper you have, and throw all of those chunks in. Mix them in, and while you're mixing them in, maybe add another pinch of pepper (if you're brave enough).

7. This step is optional if you don't think you could handle it. After mixing everything together, with a pinch of salt and some hefty chunks of bell pepper, grab that Tabasco and throw in a few dashes of it! Then just mix it a little more, and you're guacamole is done.

I know this sounds pretty spicy, but it is delicious. I would recommend something to drink to go with it though. This goes with almost everything: omelets, chips, tacos, nachos, everything. So enjoy, and just down a few Tums if you get heartburn. ;D
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Pat

Leo how come I can see that you have stock in Tums!!! Sounds like a great little tastey reciepe here and I will have to try it with my stoch in pepto yum yum.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Vandy

Hi, TopCliff.

Great recipe for Guacamole.  I do enjoy this wonderful dip.  I make a similar dip using my Magic Bullet.  The end result is delicious and always leaves me craving more.

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980