• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

This might sound like a dumb question, but when you Install AC Airport Version 2.0 over Version 1.0, would I have to delete the AC Airport Version 1.0.dat from the X-Port directory?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

k808j

Use the cleanitol file that comes with the zip. It will remove all of the files that need to be removed.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

tamorr

That happens to be one of the files not mentioned in the Clenitol, besides all those mentioned in the Clenitol I have never had in the first place. The AC Airport Version 2.0.dat doesn't overwrite the Version 1.0 file for obvious reasons...

I think all the ones mentioned in the Clenitol are from prior then Version 1.0 files since all the other files were overwritten plus what it added...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

k808j

If cleanitol removed the files, you should be able to install AC ver 2.0 and play SC4 with no problems.

tamorr

I can't get Clenitol to remove files, so I have to do it manually... and like I said I know I don't have those files listed in the Clenitol File. All I want to know is if it is important to remove the old file of AC Airport Version 1.0.dat before playing with the game...

I only persist on that since it takes a while for the game to load on my machine.... So I like to be sure that that file is not important or not, since that is the only file the Airport Version 2.0 doesn't Literally replace. Also the section about install 2.0 over 1.0 doesn't mention anything about that particular file as well, in the readme that is.

Sorry for the slight confusion...

As I have taken all the steps in the readme, but only had that one question....
"Patience is a virtue."

k808j

What are the names of the files you're talking about?

tamorr

I am talking about

"AC Functional Airports, Version 2.0.dat"

and

"AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0.dat"

All I am wondering is if the "Version 1.0" is supposed to be deleted after the install, or just leave it?
"Patience is a virtue."

Voltaire

The file

AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0.dat

should not be in your plugins after installing version 2.0...

What sort of problems are you having with Cleanitol? It is designed for just this sort of thing -- finding and resolving all the file issues for you, so you don't have to do it manually.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

tamorr

I have never got the Clenitol program to remove things for me, I've only got it to list things for me... because of that I am not too knowledgable about how you are suppose to use the program.

I plainly just open it up and load the file, how ever I haven't ever got it to remove anything.

but from what I can tell the file doesn't have the AC functional airport version 1.0.dat even listed in it...

The Version 2.0 Installer didn't delete the version 1.0 file automatically.

Thank you for letting me know that that file shouldn't be there, as that was the main reason I asked in the first place.
"Patience is a virtue."

RippleJet

It doesn't actually matter even if you wouldn't remove AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0.dat. ;)
Due to the alphabetical loading order, AC Functional Airports, Version 2.0.dat loads after and supersedes version 1.0.

tamorr

Thanks again, It is always nice to know that.... That is what I suspected, but since I am running on a slower processor and low amount of RAM it is best that I delete it so I wouldn't have so much being loaded.

Voltaire answered that one, and you have justed confirmed what I thought would be so. Thank you again.
"Patience is a virtue."

tamorr

What is the "Plugin Landmark Props" listed in the Readme, at the bottom of the Dependancy list? The link doesn't seem to work, or direct me to where to get it or even show me what it is...

And would I need it for the Airports to function properly?
"Patience is a virtue."

sarjm

"Plugin Landmark Props"
I think it is this one.

Swamper77

Quote from: tamorr on April 15, 2009, 01:22:43 PM
    What is the "Plugin Landmark Props" listed in the Readme, at the bottom of the Dependancy list? The link doesn't seem to work, or direct me to where to get it or even show me what it is...

And would I need it for the Airports to function properly?

Maxis didn't make prop exemplars for some of their buildings, such as the Convention Center. The Upgradeable Airports Package contains a few terminals that are composed of props of buildings. Without the "Plugin Landmark Props" plugin, some of these terminal buildings will not show up properly and the Lots will look rather bare

Quote from: sarjm on April 15, 2009, 03:29:15 PM
"Plugin Landmark Props"
I think it is this one.

Thanks for providing the new link. The original link worked prior to SimTrop's recent upgrade.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

tamorr

Thank you I definately needed that then...
"Patience is a virtue."

RippleJet

I've corrected the link to Plugin Landmark Props in the Readme, the Cleanitol list and the description on the LEX.

Thank you tamorr, sarjm and also TheMadBaron who reported this in a comment on the LEX. ;)

the hound

Hi. Great looking pack. Two questions:

1. I ran Cleanitol on the get dependencies file that came with the download, and installed all those it told me to. However the readme file lists even more. Re-running cleanitol tells me I'm up to date with dependencies, though. Am I missing something?

2. Do all these new airports cause pollution, and if so is it pretty much relative to their size?

Thanks

Voltaire

I took a look to confirm the Cleanitol matches the Readme... they're the same -- but  SG Bus Stops is several files, listed separately in the Cleanitol:

The PreFabs' lower stages are pretty mild regarding pollution. Later on, you'll want to plan for 15-20 garbage per month. I-HT and R$$$ dislike air pollution, so if you want those types to develop nearby, you'll need a GooberGen Air Purification or other air cleaner building. The higher stages will produce water pollution as well.

The other terminals and control towers etc, develop pollution relative to their size as well.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

the hound

Odd. Admittedly I'm new to this, but I'm sure I didn't do anything particularly wrong. Is it fair to assume if Cleanitol is happy that there shouldn't be a problem?

Thanks for the reply anyway. I'm getting closer and closer to making my region "the best of all possible worlds", as your namesake might say.

Urbane Planner

Hello all,

first off, thank you to everyone involved with this.  Truly fabulous stuff.  However, I have one minor issue.  Sims will not travel through SimGoober's Heliport (the one you plop over an an avenue, with train tracks running alongside).  While automata will go on the avenue and the tracks, and U-Drive-It allows me to go through it with cars and trains, Sims will not go through it on their commutes.  I've tried dragging avenues and tracks through it and waiting a few years after construction/upgrades, but the problem persists.  I suppose I could plop it on the side of the road and use it like any non-NE lot, but I'd like to use it the way it was designed.  Thanks in advance for any advice.