• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional, Upgradeable Seaports - Development

Started by RippleJet, May 21, 2008, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Unfortunatly no.  That would require every piece to be rerendered to the same texture.  Unfortunatly everyone has their favourite sets and there would never be an agreement as to which set to match.  Added to this is the fact that Oppie is gone so we don't have his models anways.

HandsOn

I would have liked to use oppie's slightly more Dutch canals with those ports. Wonder now if I could change their base or overlay texture in the dreaded LE?

Mod edit for profanity ::)

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

BarbyW

It will be very difficult to edit these lots as they are all in one dat and LE will save copies out into plugins. The coal port has two versions with a modifier file but at the moment there is no option for the general port and no support for JRJ or Oppie canals. If I have time I can look into the possibility of doing these sets but it will depend on whether the other sets have suitable models available.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

HandsOn

Nah - that sounds like way too much work. I think - can't be sure - that in my fooling around with LE (not having access to the fabled X-Tool  :'( ) I've seen oppie's canal sets and I think I could lot the change in texture on these, rather than the other way around. For my personal use, mind you. Sometime between the organizer coding, responding to PM's, reponding to unread messages, and surveying the internet at large (not to mention RL), I'll probably schedule that for the beginning of 2013..would be nice to play the game once in a while, though - thus make that 2014..

Diggis

Quote from: HandsOn on June 19, 2008, 08:44:59 AM
would be nice to play the game once in a while,

What is this game of which you speak?  :D

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on June 19, 2008, 09:04:36 AM
What is this game of which you speak?  :D
Actually, at this point, almost any game would be a relief - short of GTA - never had the s-"kills" for that (I get killed, arrested, or otherwise thrown out in 30 seconds flat!).

JoeST

Quote from: HandsOn on June 19, 2008, 09:07:58 AM
Actually, at this point, almost any game would be a relief - short of GTA - never had the s-"kills" for that (I get killed, arrested, or otherwise thrown out in 30 seconds flat!).
isnt that the point of GTA?

and yeah the game would be good to play...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

HandsOn

Quote from: star.torturer on June 19, 2008, 09:26:45 AM
isnt that the point of GTA?

and yeah the game would be good to play...
Getting shot down before the opening credits have rolled?? That's what GTA is all about - gosh, suddenly I'm a winner..  :thumbsup:

Diggis

OK, I know I started this, but could we possibly stick on topic before I get in trouble.  ;)

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on June 19, 2008, 09:58:35 AM
OK, I know I started this, but could we possibly stick on topic before I get in trouble.  ;)
Yes, sahib..

BarbyW

Yes please stay on topic or Tage will be lost when he gets back. ;D

RippleJet

Quote from: BarbyW on June 19, 2008, 01:08:31 PM
Yes please stay on topic or Tage will be lost when he gets back. ;D

Not sure if I'm back yet...
Anyways, I'll just disregard these off-topic threads and move on... airports anybody? ::)

MAS71

Hello everyone and SDP's super creators in BSC !!  :)
I could see again now the Magic of BSC with this big projects !!  :o

Now, At last I understood all of SDP (I was need to much of time for read(understand) a lot of English. :P)
and I could see all of new Seaports in a game, and I finished write a guidance and introducing on our wiki(in Japan). ;)

"$Deal"$ BSC Functional Seaports in wiki (for Japanese)  "$Deal"$

b.t.w,,,
Would I like to use some images "Animation Gif" which uped in this thread on our wiki ??
May I LINK(direct link) to each images on our wiki ??
because, They are not able to upload our wiki cause too large.(data size) &mmm

#### Edited #####
I'll copy and use them that uploaded again on my Imageshack.
I want to show that details of SDP for many Japanese too. :)

Please examine. ;)

Thank you again for your wonderful works !! and reading.
-Mas'71

Fatsuhono

Thank you Mas-san for all your help! This is Japanese wiki, it is a great idea, you put a lot of work into it and it really helps! Thank you! :)

BarbyW

Mas-san, I have looked at your wiki and should point out that the Pegasus ports are not part of and not compatible with the BSC Functional Seaports.
You have done a good job with the page. Please feel free to use the animations if you can. I will send them to you if necessary.

MAS71

@BarbyW san
Thank you for reply and tell me an important point as well. :)
I already added a note about that.  ;) (not compatible Peg's some seaports.)

and Thank you for permission for use your images. :)
It's ok, I already could copy some gif-animation to my PC. I'll upload them to my ImageShack and link to them on our wiki later. :thumbsup:

Thank you always your big support for us Barby san. :)

##### Edited #####

I could take a pics one and upload it because there was not in this thread.  ;)

SDP - SNM Seaport

Stage-8 was not included in this pic.  Let's confirm it with your own eyes. ;)

allan_kuan1992

hmm... anybody thinking of redoing the farmer's market?

I mean it's not supposed to be a port where goods are shipped to other regions; however in real life produce is sent to these markets which is then bought by the population. So is it possible to make a port-enabled farmer's market?

- Allan Kuan

BarbyW

Masuda-san - that looks like an  &ops and that I missed out one stage. I am so sorry but if there is anything else I can do to help please ask.
allan_kuan1992 - as you can see from the SWAP Packaging Centre anything can be made to act like a port so I will look at making a market style port for the next upgrade.

ben_meissner

Can anyone help with the SDP on a mac?
I've DL'd the SDP and all dependancies, but file juicer renames the DATs, so I'm not sure what is what. I get the BLS Rural Port in game, but that is the only one that shows up. The rural port upgrades fine and looks great. I'd like to use other ports as well. The maxis seaport does not show up either.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. (This may be an issue I'll have to live with.)

Ben

edit:i'll post this in the Mac forum as well