• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ehbk2006's traffic BAT projects

Started by ehbk2006, June 24, 2008, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Quote from:  ehbk2006I can make them, but I need some more information:
Unfortanetly, heres more information true to its word. Redlight Cameras are horrible! :o Red light cameras are put at dangerous intersections as an excuse for cities to make revenue. There not always right, the fine is a stupid 150 dollar expense, and people actually drive more dangerously to make sure they get through the intersection. In fact my city took them down, but is going to replace them, because they weren't happy with them not being able to make the desired amount of 100 grand, the time they were up. However, the one neighboring city, completely took them down because eventually people will overthrough the government like V for Vendetta. If they wanted to make interections safer, then count down timers should be used instead of the massive corruption thats gotten into everybody running cities. Also, the cameras are considered an invasion of privacy, and in most cases the yellow light is unlawfully short, but they get away with that, because their in control of things. However, I have noticed in my SimCity cars do blow the light straight up, even though thats not suppose to be possible. If the cameras were made, in order to work for the avenue intersections along with the new traffic lights, they need to be on the same lot. However, I think some cameras were already released on the stex. For a joke though, if they were made, you can make that lot generate income by flipping cost to income. :-\ However, is the station first priority still?

ehbk2006

Lol, I know what they are ;D
We Dutch people really love them:
http://www.flitsservice.nl/rpics_2005/27092005/Doorn_Dorpsstraat/Flitspaal002.jpg

But I need technical information, dimensions and better photo's with the mast included.
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Monorail Master

Well, I don't have better photos, SORRY! But I do know that the pole is 4 inches in diameter, the box is a parallelogram and is 1 Ft. tall, the base is a trapazoid and is 6 inches high and the pole is about 8 ft. tall. The company that made the cameras in Tennessee is Redflex so check out www.redflex.com for more info.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

ehbk2006

That's the stuff I need thanks.

Edit:

Something like this?:

jlane

If you need more pics let me know there are 10 redlight cameras within two miles of my house!  There is also two speed cameras in my area.

ehbk2006

The product site has enough pictures. But if you see something what isn't correct, you can give me a picture how it looks like.

Monorail Master

:thumbsup: :) Yeah, just like that! There is also a version where there is just a camera and 5 feet down is the flasher on a pole.
(\__/)

ehbk2006

I shall make an extra flasher. Done

One question:
Why do they use multiple flashers in the USA? In Holland we just use one.

j-dub

Everyones different. In the US there are different traffic control brands. In fact, my city took them down, because those cameras consisted of multiple pieces. However, they had arranged with a different company.

ehbk2006

Lol, I found this:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-street-cameras/401501

75 bucks  ??? , well here at ehbk2006's they are 100% free:thumbsup: (and less quality :P)

Update, Quick render in Gmax:

I actually did to resize them 1.3 times because they where so tiny.

Monorail Master

I'm glad. Can you make 2 files for the cameras? One for the Camera and flasher that's on one pole. And another with the camera one one pole and the flasher on another pole about 5 to 10 feet away from the camera.
(\__/)

threestooges

What can I say? I like the free version. This'll make an interesting addition to the game's intersections.

jlane

The multiple flashers are used here in TN for intersections with turn lanes and where street light hinder a good picture.

ehbk2006

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 27, 2008, 04:20:43 PM
I'm glad. Can you make 2 files for the cameras? One for the Camera and flasher that's on one pole. And another with the camera one one pole and the flasher on another pole about 5 to 10 feet away from the camera.

They are allready seperated, the preview picture was photoshopped. I shall make another file, with the camera without the flasher. Done. So you can fully modify your setup in the lot editor.

I'm almost ready with Batting, next part will be Lotting and Modding.

Now I've got 2 very important questions:

1) Which type of configuration's on the Lot's should I make:(Cameraflash+flash, Camera + flash, Cameraflash , anything else?)

2) How much should the traffic camera's building costs be?
    How much should the bulldozing costs be?
    How much should they earn monthly?

MandelSoft

I can only answer question 2:

Build costs: $100
Buldoze costs: $75
Earn: $40 per month
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Monorail Master

you should make the cameras go under the police catagory because the tickets go from the camera to the police then they certify the tickets then sends them out.
(\__/)

ehbk2006

Quote from: Monorail Master on July 29, 2008, 05:45:15 AM
you should make the cameras go under the police catagory because the tickets go from the camera to the police then they certify the tickets then sends them out.

I tried to make them turn in to a police station, but that resulted in a huge amount of police cars around the camera's and policemen. So I now turned them into parks, the money they make is $5 and you can see it at the business category in your balance. They have modified sounds, and I will make custom icons too.

Release

Get the Redflex Red Light Cameras Pack here:
STEX

jlane

They look great.  Great addition for my cities! &apls

j-dub

Oh, I cannot believe those things have actually entered SimCity.

WillG_75

These look great ehbk2006 :thumbsup: . If you're willing to try some stuff, maybe see if you can make these transit-enabled lots, so you can place them on the roadway tile with the camera's as offset props, just so they don't take up a whole lot's space.