• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mickebear's Mediterraneum: Agriculture

Started by mickebear, February 21, 2007, 03:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Stunning work , Mickebear ... I discovered only recently your BATs ...don't know why  ::)... maybe due to the fact pictures on the STEX/LEX (and even on CJs/MDs ) don't give any idea of the excellence and refinement of your work ...

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Schulmanator

This is a fine building. I can't wait to see it!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Strechnitz

Hello Mickebear,

I have missed this thread up till now. I can't believe why. First of all I like your work a lot. your churches and farms especially are gorgeous!

Your Villa Malcontenta has me drooling behind the computer. I simply lóve his work. the first book on architecture i bought `and not nicked from my fathers collection :D` was a reprint of the original manuscript of his ´the four books on architecture´ by Palladio.

So the annoying but immanent question is...will you make some more...

Strech.

sebes

The night lights are excellent Mika!  &dance &dance &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Zaphod

god thats amazing, its so detailed!

in fact its so detailed it could be a level in a FPS set in the balkans or something. have you ever tried to make a simple 3d game?
War Kittens !?

kwakelaar

I love the villa Mika, another great masterpiece both in the real world and in Simcity.

mickebear

In fact, I have let a professional 3d artist to evaluate some of my work last week, and said that some of my buildings could make it to other games as well... oh well... I am just interested to make it for SC4 for the moment...

in any case, it is fun to start all over again, after that horrible 8 month break...

EDIT: to answer question, will I make more? Next week I will start with Villa Rotunda/Villa Capra. I have already done the calculations for it, but I am still hunting some more good photos... Then I will do the Mallorcan landmark, that Jeroni suggested in my suggestion thread. After that... haven't planned so far :)

jacqulina

hi my friend how are you,i cant wait to see your other work that you have in mind :thumbsup:

BarbyW

Some pictures of my progress with Mika's Villas:

Villa Ottavia - a run down villa that acts as the local slaughter house. A house with a history.  >:D

Villa Foscari - a villa renovated by a nouveau riche family who have made their money from perfume.  ;D  Starting out as lavender farmers they keep some growing by the villa to remind them. The original perfumery is still in use in the muddle of buildings that was formerly their home. They have cash but no taste $%Grinno$%

Then I went to look for pictures of the real Villa Foscari and decided to make two alternative lots. The real villa sits on a river/canal so I did one for Peg's rivers and one for SG's canals.

As always comments are welcome.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

GrizzlyBuilder

This could be the best you've ever done, both Micke and Barby.

Krio

:o

Oh my..the buildings are one of the best what this game has ever seen and lotting makes these like god-like creations! WOW!

jacqulina

awesome work micke and barby and you know i cant wait to have them there beautifull &apls &apls

glepet

They REALLY are beautiful!!!! I haven't played that style of architecture yet, but I'm going to have to rethink this.  &apls

HabLeUrG

yeah thats very very detailed  :thumbsup: &apls

excellent work Barby and mike  ;D

Schulmanator

I am glad I saw this right before I head off to bed. Now, I will have sweet dreams of beautiful SC4 cities!

;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Yoman

Looks like a palace on the local stream, nice work :)

Strechnitz

Wow,

These lots are gorgious. As are the models. I like the notion "Cash but no taste" Barby, it proves often too true with new found wealth :D

Villa OttaviaThe local Slaughterhouse?  How the mighty have fallen! I've seen the real villa outside Padua years ago. it started as a summerresidence in around 1440 if i'm correct. but soon it was inhabited by a prior/caretaker of the santa Giustina monastery who collected the taxes in the form of wine, grain, and vegetables which were stocked in the cellars. All the farmfields around it are cultivated by the monks in the 15th and 16th century, and then let to farmers. if one of you go to Padua or the Veneto area in general. go by the villa, it stands in a pretty piece of Italy. (Please Micke, correct me on the history if I remember it incorrectly. very good choice!)

Wonderful lot, Barby. nice positioning of the sheds and outbuildings. A tastefull and rustic garden. to distinct the private and business parts of the lot. A Barby classic I should say. ;D

Villa Foscari. a Palladian Jewel! but then again I'm a biassed palladio fan :D The Bat is true to life up to the plants growing on the walls. my congratulations with this achievement Micke. The only tiny thing I could remark is that the walls of the villa (not the cornices, pillars and other decorations) are more white in RL than here and form a contrast with the pink/brown decorational elements. I believe that bleaker or whiter walls is prettier because it also will highlight the decorations more than they do now. And it will be set apart a bit from the surrounding buildings. But that would be the exact purpose of the lords who built it, would it not? to distinct ones home from the farmers around him.

This is meant as a positive critique :)

Oh and Barby, you have given the nouveau-rich snobs a wonderfull lot. it reminds of the film perfume when I look at the adjoining factory. great film! And the garden of the villa, to much in it for such a small garden. typical for those nouveau riche snobs! :thumbsup: always malcontent and aspiring to yet more and more. the right inhabitants for 'la malcontenta'  A stupendous lot my dear. (By the way, the frescoes inside the real thing are worth the visit ;) )

The lot by the canal's is a great add on. But terrible as I am, I hope you'll forgive me for this. putting stables/garages or other utilitarian buildings in frónt of a villa is a faux pas I'm afraid.
For they block the view from and onto the villa, and it brakes the symetry which was so often sought after. I like the lot very much. but would ask you to consider moving them a bit to the left. If you can agree with me.

Strech.

BarbyW

QuoteI hope you'll forgive me for this. putting stables/garages or other utilitarian buildings in frónt of a villa is a faux pas my dear.
For they block the view from and onto the villa, and it brakes the symetry which was so often sought after. I like the lot very much. but would ask you to consider moving them a bit to the left. If you can agree with me.
You are right about the placement of the stables/outbuildings, Strech. My memory played tricks with me as I knew there were buildings associated with this view, which is the back rather than the front ;D, but they are to one side. There is also a formal garden to the same side but I wanted a smaller lot with more of the original RL flavour. I shall remove the larger building and leave the small one at the farthest point. The real villa is also set further back from the river but again I did that to make a smaller lot.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mickebear

Wow, thanks Barby for presenting our work at the stage we are in... As for the rest of you, you might have gathered that I am completely in team work with Barby. We are never cross, we have always the same ideas, how things should be created... perfect I should say :-)

What goes to the walls of Villa Foscari... in fact, they were recently renovated, and the whiteish look was replaced with apparently more pinkish shade. I tried with both whiteish and pinkish, and pink won this time.

However, my next work will feature Villa Capra aka Villa Rotonda, and there the walls will be whiter. I have started work yesterday evening, and it takes me probably two weeks or so to complete - I prefer my RL to batting, so I have 8 hours per week dedicated to batting...

bat

wonderful work barby and mickebear!
Fantastic pictures of that, barby! :thumbsup: