• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JMyers Rural Retreat and Small Shops

Started by jmyers2043, February 22, 2007, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 6!

Fantastic work on your buildings here, jmyers2043! :thumbsup:
Also agree with Pat and Hogs!

CasperVg

I wouldn't call your latest works 'Rural Retreat & Small Shops', but nevertheless, that's some really great things you've been doing! I'll be sure to download them all when released.  $%Grinno$%
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

sebes

Thanks for adding these very much needed small offices to the game JiM!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

0rion79

Hi JM, I'm using some farms of yours for CAM.
Since this thread should be the one for support, I would like to know if it is normal to see such an "empty" area inside the farm. PLease, look the image and tell me if something is wrong and how I can fix it.
Thank yoU!

jmyers2043

Hello Orion

That is my fault. There is supposed to be a field base texture. That texture was originally in the 'farms resource pack' but I locked the farms resource pack when I made a Props Mega Pack. Those two textures, not being a prop, are not included in the mega pack - so - I'll have to update the Hydoponic CAMelots file. I'll do that later today.

But in the mean time you can download the fix for your lot here. Place it in MyDocs\SimCity 4\BSC\BSC Textures\ 

http://premium.fileden.com/premium/2007/7/4/1237795/JFM_Misc%20Fields.zip

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

madhatter106

I am a huge fan of your lots - they work so well with all the Maxis buildings and the custom stuff posted here.  Your small shops in particular are the type of stuff I aspire to make when I sit down to BAT - they're great.  (If I had an entire city with CS and CO jmyers lots in the commercial districts, I'd be a happy mayor!) 

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

jmyers2043

<edit - March 8th>

Uploaded to the SC4Devotion LEX this morning. These farms are located http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2003

Coming soon to a region near you. New farms by JMyers

Hello to everyone and welcome to 2009. I was playing the game for fun for most last fall. After several months of not batting I got the bug again - and - well - agriculture seems to be my favorite subject. While playing the game I was thinking that I'd like to see some farms based on SimGoobers corn field crops. I shipped the farms pictured below off to the BSC scrutinizers this morning. I should, assuming there are no glaring problems, be able to upload them within a couple weeks.  They all have custom foundations which makes them slope friendly for those of us who like to play on the hills and dales.

J Buck Carlson Lives here. A stage 2 crib barn.

Earl "Billy Bob" Carter's farm. Earl boasts to everyone about having the largest corn crib in the region.   

Bessie Mae Shelton's place. A pumpkin acre-ish sized stage 1

Below is a faded white and slightly leaning Crib Barn. Jimmie Joe Taylor's place. His friends call him 'Tiny'.

A common sight around Northern Indiana (corn country) would be a barn raising. Jamisen Cuyler's farm is a stage 3 farm with 57 I-AG jobs.

Pat

oooooo la la the farm master has returned and with great force tooo!!! OMG Jim them are stunning looking farms and I soo love the Barn Raising one the most!!! God I cant wait to add them to my farm collection that is well mostly yours  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

owlsinger

These are wonderful! It feels like Pennsylvania to me. I'm glad the bug bit you!

Kendra
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

jmyers2043

<edit - March 8th>

Uploaded to the SC4Devotion LEX this morning. The farms are located http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2004

More farms undergoing some scrutiny. These are based on the SimGoober Tobacco crop. All grow at stage 2 and offer 22 to 27 jobs. All but one have custom foundations so they'll grow on moderate slopes without that ugly Maxis LOD foundation box thing...

Bubba Ray's place

Molly Sue Crow, Tobacco Grower

Shawna Mae Jackson's farm

Joe "Skeeter" Winchester Actually, this is an older picture. I've changed the farm house.

Billy Jeans Hatfields place This is an older picture too. I enlarged the lot so the corner shed doesn't crowd the building.

Jimmie Ray Taylor lives here. Jimmie is Bubba Ray's second cousin on maw's side.

Buck D. Whitestone's farm

TheTeaCat

Now these are some wikked little beauties. &apls
SF too - even better :thumbsup:

Just what is needed for certain areas in my region  ;D ;D
Kettle's boiling you deserve a cuppa ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

metasmurf

Geronimo

Gaston

You need a roof that says "See Rock City"    Check this out http://www.seerockcity.com/Flash/Photos/barns.htm  These used to be very common.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

girlfromverona

Most of the farms in my region are yours, JM, so I am ecstatic to see these new ones!!  ;D

pvarcoe

These are really really nice.
Thank you for the work you have put into them.
I can't wait to try them out!

Pat

Jim I am honestly speachless here WOW!!! You know that doesn't happen all that often  :thumbsup: &apls  The barns are just OMG wow, having that rustic feel with the adverts!!! OK so I found something to say lol  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Very nice work on these farms. The lots look very good, and the structures are splendid as well. I like the barn raising lot. It's not something you see everyday (at least in the gane). I also like the Winchester farm. With the name on the barn, do I detect a M*A*S*H reference? Very nice work on these.
-Matt

madhatter106

The barn raising is a great touch.  And the details are stunning.

The barn with the Mail Pouch advertisement made me whistful for my childhood - where I grew up, I remember there was a barn in the area that had that very ad painted on the side of it. 

Great BATs and lots, as always...
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

Battlecat

These are absolutely fantastic!  Glad to see some more new farm releases from you, I've always loved your bat and lot work.  I'll put them to good use when they're ready for release!