• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM- Elevated and Ground Highway Puzzle Pices

Started by den52, August 05, 2008, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heitomat

An interesting debate going on here, and lots of tips as well. Still, I miss the possibility to build RHW tunnels (tunnel entrance texture issue), and I find it a little annoying that the neighbour connections have to look crippled to function.. Anyway, the network as a whole looks very realistic.
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Blue Lightning

RHW Tunnels are hardcoded and dont seem to be functional. The only way to make a tunnel is via RHWFLUPs (Under development) or by downconverting to road/OWR/AVE/etc right before and after the tunnel (the tunnel would be those networks I just mentioned). Neighbor connections will be fixed sometime soon.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

heitomat

My experiments concentrate on using the RHW with two lanes in each direction, as this is most common in Norway. In my opinion the AVE-transitions before and after tunnels not only functions well, but it's also hard to see the transition. After all it's not unrealistic to merge lanes before a tunnel, and widen out afterwards.. Luckily, this means that my use of MHW is now close to zero.

@Blue Lightning: It's good to hear that the connections are being fixed. Looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

mike3775

I usually use a RHW 10 to connect my Res cities to my Com cities, and RHW 4 (just two lanes in each direction) to connect to the Industrial cities, and where they intersect, I downgrade the 4 lanes into one way roads(I would use Avenues, but the connection always seems mess up).

Where a 4 lane will end, I downgrade to one way,then go into an Ave.

Like I said earlier, I loathed RHW at first and avoided it like the plague, but after using it and getting used to it, I love it.

The RHW may have some lack of things, but its not enough to make me revert back to the maxis highways any time soon