• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Welsh Province of New Rhodesia - Trixie Winning CJ

Started by 6underground, August 15, 2008, 09:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Super update.  The mosaic looks awesome and great choice for a City Hall.

Also let me be the very first to congratulate you for your move to Best Sellers.
You definately deserve it.  Keep up the awesome updates and it won't take you too long to move to Classics!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threeswept

Great change with the paper. So, where is all this 'boom to the economy' gold coming from? You'll need plenty of it to keep up with paying ransom to those pirates...aye matey!

Simpson

This update is looking very good my friend
Also congratulation for having more than 100 posts in your MD
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

mmorales2

WOW!!! Thanks for another wonderful update. I too love the mosaics and I love what you did with Xannepans Bat's. I think I will try doing the same $%Grinno$%. Keep up the good work and hope to see more.
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

6underground

This forms part of a MUCH larger nuclear silo site in an undisclosed area of New Rhodesia.

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!

blade2k5

Wow!  I do believe this is the first missile silo I've seen in sc4 and it's a beauty to say the least.  You did a marvelous job &apls of meticulously adding in the rivers, trees and rocks that makes the images look like photographs. 

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

nerdly_dood

This is the first user-made missile silo I've seen in SC4 - i've had plenty Maxis ones in my own cities - but I must say these aren't bad, it looks like you put a lot of effort into this.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Emperor Stormont

Very sexy gaz, looking fabulous. They turned out really well :)

As for undisclosed  $%#Ninj2

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent work on your silos my friend as far as we can considerated silo`s are nice ;D And the layout is perfect  :thumbsup: Very happy to see an update  ;)

bat

6underground

Big shout out to sithlrd98, whom without his help this update wouldn't have happened. So the dam is named after him. :)

SOME BAD NEWS

last week, my primary harddrive failed (not windows, actualy hardware failure), I lost about 25% of my things from there, including New Rhodesia  :'(
However, I did have a 3-4 month old save of NR on my secondary harddrive.

So, taking this initiative, I expanded the original region ALOT, and have started working on enlarging the city itself. The city centre, is missing development due to the hardware failure, so they have to be rebuilt. BUT, at least i didn't lose it all. :)

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!

sithlrd98

Sorry to hear about the drive failure...at least you had some of it backed-up!I haven't been here in a while ...Man did I miss a lot of stuff! The newspapers are top notch! Those are some wicked silos and that has to be the best use of that dam I think I've ever seen! Thanks for adding me to this awesome place!

Jayson

spa

Sorry to hear about the hard drive failure, but at least you didn't lose everything! The dam is really well done as is your countryside in general. Everything is really nice and green (very UK).

6underground

I've worked very hard on this map, which ive added to the first post. Hope everyone likes it:

;D

nova vesfalo

So sorry for the hardrive crash, but you extented New Rhodesia is awesome ! so much to do !! THe damm update is also, as usual coming from you, uber-great !

blade2k5

Sorry about the hard drive failure :(  Glad to hear you had a back-up :thumbsup: 

The update itself was eye-popping to say the least, the images, the mosaic to kick things off, the dam, the Harlech Abbey Ruins...all top notch work and detail :thumbsup:  The two Kingdom of Wales maps were impressive, I can appreciate the time it took to make those maps ;)   Great job overall, will definitely drop in again :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

6underground

Update Time!

Nova, Thanks soo much pal! Indeed, so much to do, so far i've covered about 8 medium tiles and half a large tile full of suburbs, currently i'm linking up the farmland and the city centre areas. As soon as the dual carriage ways and motorways are where they're supposed to be, i can totally start building from the inner city centre, outward. Time consuming, but very much worth it in the end!

Blade, I was VERY lucky to have had any kind of backup and will be making it a pripority to backup more often. Thanks for the kind words, yes the maps took a LONG time, easily 3 hours for the first, it was especially troublesome finding decent quality images of the county shields, but i go there in the end!  %confuso  ;D

Emperor Stormont

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Some really fantastic pictures there! And your updates are wonderful!
Nice work on them!! Your city is beautiful!! :thumbsup:

sebes

Impressing my friend - very impressing. The maps of the city, the kingdom and the provinces are VERY cool! &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN