• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Meldolion's Randland

Started by meldolion, March 01, 2007, 08:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Very nice pictures of Randland, Meldolion. Marrast Embankmentment sets realy fits in very well...  &apls

QuoteThis MD has been moved to the Best Sellers section based on post and page view count - click here to chase it down. This MD has been moved to the Best Sellers section based on post and page view count - click here to chase it down.

Wow - what a damage a single comment can do  ;)
Congrats Meldo.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Congratulations on making it to the Best Sellers, my friend! I'll be looking forward to more!

meldolion

:-[ :-[ :-[

welll.... what I can say..... I'm so embarassed.....
Thanks to all who visited my humble MD and posted so nice comments....

I'ts thanks to you that I made it up to the Best Sellers

meldolion

well,

it's time for a new update before going to holidays... :D

Meldolion's Randland Update 8

Region shot:

First of all I'll show you the developments of the city of Tear:

do you like a little Rest and Meditation? :satisfied:

Residentials & Industries

And Now....

the new city of Far Madding just north of Tear, with Tear's suburbs, last industrial areas and finally farmalnd:

the small village of Far Madding

with the farmer's martkets...

farms...

tha freight hub of the city

As always comment's, critics and suggestions are welcome...

happy holidays,I'll be back on august, the 1st. I'll check the forums and post from time to time if I'll find a decent wifi Hostspot :)

Krio

Fantastic update!  :thumbsup:

Nice to see old BATs, like Coca-Cola HQ and Oneil's towers used. I thought that I'm only one who uses them. Because you know how to use custom content, why not reduce Maxis-stuff?

meldolion

Quote from: Bengt on July 10, 2007, 04:26:14 PM
Fantastic update!  :thumbsup:

Nice to see old BATs, like Coca-Cola HQ and Oneil's towers used. I thought that I'm only one who uses them. Because you know how to use custom content, why not reduce Maxis-stuff?

mmm I never tried the non Maxis mod...do you know if I install it I've to rebuild the city?

thanks
Luca

rooker1

Great update.  The regional map is incredible and what a nice start to the cities you have there.  I like how they seem to follow the contour of the valleys.

As for the Block Maxis mod, I use Dusktropper's mod and I turn on and off different wealths in different catorgoies all the time and I don't have any problem with things that have grown as I make the changes.  I hope this makes sense.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't see why you would have to start/rebuild your city again.

Great work as always.   &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful update, meldolion! Great work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

Wonderful update l'ami, I love  &apls

Ennedi

I was here long time ago and I see a great development!  :thumbsup:

I love the region view and the shoreline.
My favourite pics from last update: 8.01, 8,02, 8,09, 8.18 and 8.19 (I would have nothing against living here  ;))
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Magnificent update, meldolion! I love the mix of skyscrapers and residential areas! Have fun on your holiday, and I'll look forward to seeing more of your work when you get back!

Shadow Assassin

I must echo what the others said. That was an excellent update.

Just wondering, the industrial port in Illian - is that Ebou Dar (well, it's in the same location as the city in the book)?

Looks like you're about to build around Mayene, but that's like, swampland. Maybe it should be a park? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

meldolion

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 21, 2007, 07:43:19 PM
I must echo what the others said. That was an excellent update.

Just wondering, the industrial port in Illian - is that Ebou Dar (well, it's in the same location as the city in the book)?

Looks like you're about to build around Mayene, but that's like, swampland. Maybe it should be a park? :P

well,
first of all thanks fot the kind comments :)

about Ebou Dar: no , The industrial ort in Illian is in fact where Illian is in the books; Ebou Dar is west of it (the next river mouth), in the region view is across the two quads named Illian and Windbiter's Fingers.

Mayene is in my region the CBD of the city of Tear.

here is a comparison between the two maps:

thundercrack83

Wow, in comparison to the real map, yours looks fantastic, meldolion! It's great to see where the inspiration comes from! I'll be waiting patiently for more development.

Shadow Assassin

Ah, I see.

It's just that on my map, they're mixed up for some reason...

Shame you can't really show Far Madding on an island due to lack of space, but it still looks good.

Have you decided what you're going to use for the White Tower in Tar Valon?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

meldolion

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 02, 2007, 11:23:46 PM

Have you decided what you're going to use for the White Tower in Tar Valon?

Yeas, to be precise I've already built the White Tower in Tar Valon... it's a tall spire of which at the moment I don't remember the name... It will be in a strage position respect than the original but I like how the layout of the city is coming up :)

If you have some suggestion for the white tower  you are welcome :thumbsup:

Snaper

Waaaw, wonderful regional view  :thumbsup:

Bravo  &apls

bat

Fantastic region overview, meldolion! Looking forward to the next update...

meldolion

Here is a Regional Overview in which you can see tha base layout of Tar Valon, and get a glimpse of the White Tower....

bat

"Tar Valon" is looking great so far! :thumbsup: