• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

All railway with catenary

Started by plunderer, November 17, 2008, 08:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Looking at the catenaries compared to the rail crossing gate, is the rail crossing gate horribly out of scale or is that just me?
~ NAM Team Member

plunderer

Quote from: Kitsune on February 11, 2009, 07:06:01 AM
Looking at the catenaries compared to the rail crossing gate, is the rail crossing gate horribly out of scale or is that just me?

Which part do you mean?

ehbk2006

He means this gate:

Link

The original gates from maxis are off-scale I guess. My catanery are modeled with technical drawings they are based on a reallife scale.
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Great work! I'm impressed how you use all of ehbk2006's canataries. I like the first draggable mod but it did'nt have as many different styles as this one. This is a great improvement. &apls

Milestone- 100th Post!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Mad_genius

This mod looks promising. Great work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these cantenaries are supposed to be built automatically when you drag a section of rail, right? Would it be possible to use the same tecnology you're using here to also draw the power cables on the cantenaries?

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: Mad_genius on February 14, 2009, 12:14:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but these cantenaries are supposed to be built automatically when you drag a section of rail, right? Would it be possible to use the same tecnology you're using here to also draw the power cables on the cantenaries?

It probably would'nt be slope-friendly

BTW Do you think you will be able to put draggable catenaries for GLR?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

ehbk2006

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on February 14, 2009, 12:18:09 PM

BTW Do you think you will be able to put draggable catenaries for GLR?

I was also thinking about that.
If plunderer wants/can code them, I don't mind creating a GLR track objects set, with catenaries, signals and other GLR related props.

[Delta ²k5]

Here is your answer. It's on page 2:

Quote from: plunderer on November 17, 2008, 07:43:28 PM
Sure, when I complete the Rail Catenaries mod
the GLR side tree I've been done 80%,  maybe next January can complete, because next month I will go to Shanghai for X'mas and new year  :P

plunderer

Quote from: Mad_genius on February 14, 2009, 12:14:21 PM

If has appropriate power line props, it can be
But I don't think that is a good idea, it will make the view complicated

To Fresh Prince, ehbk2006
I had the same idea that make the GLR with cantenaries, but I'm afraid I have no time to do it, if I could, I will... :)
Actually I've been completed  the similar mod "Rural GLR with side tree and fence", but not release

ehbk2006

Looks cute  :thumbsup: , the only thing missing is some fine catenary.  ;D

[Delta ²k5]

By the way... It seems like he has released v 2.0 yesterday (see page 1!) ;D Great work!

ehbk2006

I think he will also upload it on the LEX/STEX to make it official.  ;)

Andreas

The German rail catenaries by Kenworth are making progress as well. Hopefully, we'll have a complete set soon. :)

Andreas

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

SimFox

I wonder if the actual catenaries could be interchangeable?? I mean if they would have same IDs I guess it would be possible just to load any set and it would be automatically updated. Or am I getting something wrong? Could anyone advise me where it would be possible to read more on the underlying technology?

This German set does look good/better but there is either scale or placement issues with it. It doesn't look like it would place power line there where it would have to be...

plunderer

you can't interchange the two kind catenaries props even they have the same IIDs, because their S3D center position are different.
if want to change catenaries props  to the other one must adjust props position for T21 exemplar

If I have enough time, I'll make another mod with Kenworth's catenaries when it release

plunderer

add some image about STR with Catenaries in topic

allan_kuan1992

I'm wondering if my GLR network can deserve the same treatment and have some catenaries installed.

Right now I'm using old subway cars on my networks... not sure how many sims get electrocuted by third rail :D
In fact, due to how simulator Z is laid out I think they're running on gasoline instead... not very realistic either $%Grinno$%

- Allan Kuan

[Delta ²k5]

great work! I love the new version with the single track rail! Now I am waiting for the GLR and (Maybe) high speed rail catenaries :thumbsup:

choco