• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Busstop 0x4df7837d

Started by Swesim, February 06, 2008, 09:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swesim

Since there has been no replies I try with another question:

In which lot/pack can I find the building 0x4df7837d (busstop)? It appears as a building in the LE, but I can´t find any lot using it...
I´ve used it for creating a busstop of my own, but I can´t upload it unless I know who created the building I suppose?

I've split the topic in accordance with Site Rules (CasperVg - 11/28/08 CET)

xxdita

Swesim, you can use SC4Tool to list all dependencies used for your lots. This will show you exactly which file the prop is in.

Swesim

Quote from: xxdita on February 07, 2008, 03:44:43 AM
Swesim, you can use SC4Tool to list all dependencies used for your lots. This will show you exactly which file the prop is in.
I did, but SC4tool only lists the building as a file of its own.
Since it is not a prop but a building it will likely not show it as part of any dependencypack, so how do I find out where a building exemplar come from?

xxdita

BarbyW

SC4Tool does not show the dependency for the building so you always need to note which building you have used and which pack it is in, if it is in a pack or another lot.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

xxdita

And iLive's Reader only points to the name given in the desc, which isn't necessarily the same as the model file. Surely there's a better way?  ::)

BarbyW

Sshh, xxdita. There will be one day. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Swesim

Quote from: BarbyW on February 07, 2008, 04:06:05 AM
SC4Tool does not show the dependency for the building so you always need to note which building you have used and which pack it is in, if it is in a pack or another lot.
Yes, I understand what You mean, however in this case I have never seen the building on any of the lots I use ingame and the desc only says busstop...
Hencely I don´t know who to credit or what to list as dependancy.  &mmm

xxdita

Hmmm... there are ways to narrow it down. As I always save the zip files that I download, all I have to do is Search within Windows, scanning all files in my SC4 Downloads folder. If you haven't saved the zips, it can be much more tedious.
1) Leave all known dependencies in your root Plugins folder, and remove all others. Launch SC4Tool. This should now show that you are missing dependencies. Close SC4Tool, reinsert one folder, launch SC4Tool again, scanning for dependencies. Repeat this until you find which folder this is in. If it's a subfolder, then you'll need to repeat the remove & replace technique with each subfolder until you find it. Then you can remove & replace each file there until you find the right one.
2) Use DatPacker & SC4Tool together. Pack all of your files in the folder that they're in, then remove everything from your Plugins folder except the Plugins_Compressed folder. Launch SC4Tool and scan for dependencies. This will now point to the folder.dat that the file is in. Now delete the folder.dat. Move all subfolders & loose files from that folder into your Plugins root folder. DatPack again. Scan for dependencies. Repeat until you find the file you're looking for.

Once you get a file name, someone may be able to help you more.