• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Great Big Gobs of Goober

Started by SimGoober, February 12, 2009, 11:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

I really, really love the roof garden  :thumbsup:

SimNation

Not to diss any of your previous works or anything....but this building in my opinion is your best batted work. The roof garden loooks fantastic it will green up my downtowns a lot. :thumbsup:

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

jeanmi

CabraBuitre

Great to see you out and a-BAT again SG!  I agree with the previous comments... this one is really special!

Random question... a little over two years ago over at the "Show us your canal" thread, you posted a teaser image of some canals you were working on...:

Have you worked on these (or any other additional canal things) any more?

Check out Abelfarei!

SimGoober

Fuuny you should bring that up. Yes, I have, just recently.  I lost the parts in the pic you showed when my last computer melted down a long time ago, but made new ones just a few weeks ago for my own use.  I do intend to release them, just another trhing on my "to do" list. The lots and such are done, but I keep thinking "hmm.. maybe I should make one of these too..."    ;)
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Pat

Hey goob that building has turned out sweet cant wait to see some night time and in my game!!! BTW love the new horse stables!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

Quote from: SimGoober on March 22, 2009, 06:29:31 PM
Fuuny you should bring that up. Yes, I have, just recently.  I lost the parts in the pic you showed when my last computer melted down a long time ago, but made new ones just a few weeks ago for my own use.  I do intend to release them, just another trhing on my "to do" list. The lots and such are done, but I keep thinking "hmm.. maybe I should make one of these too..."    ;)

Hehe... good to hear!  I've always liked your canal set best and have used it exclusively in my cities when I need a canal. 

Some people (other than Cal, who, of course, created his own set with modified water textures) have actually done some work on the set, mostly working on a diagonal version.  Only one was released, but this version has too many drawbacks (too rural, there are also gaps in between some of the pieces).  Other people have seemingly created the diagonal set... HERE and HERE but they are either on the back burner (former) or no longer working (latter) altogether.  Youcef also created one HERE, but the coloring is different. 

Check out Abelfarei!

JoeST

how long is said todo list? couple'o light years? :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SimGoober

Well, I played with it last night, and did  one more piece.  I think I'll package that set up in the next few days and post it.  I've been thinking of doing a deeper version, where the water is down several meters further.  This would make for some nicer looking bridges, and maybe something of a riverwalk type setting.  Right now it's just a concept in my head; I'm not sure it will ever happen.  Honestly, it would take a lot of lots to make it look right.  Same thing with diagonals.  But maybe a base set with just straight and corners.....  dang, now I'm thinking of that!   :D

CabraBuitre

Quote from: SimGoober on March 23, 2009, 05:32:00 AM
Well, I played with it last night, and did  one more piece.  I think I'll package that set up in the next few days and post it.  I've been thinking of doing a deeper version, where the water is down several meters further.  This would make for some nicer looking bridges, and maybe something of a riverwalk type setting. 

That would be really neat...!  Possible SG canals 2.0?

QuoteRight now it's just a concept in my head; I'm not sure it will ever happen.  Honestly, it would take a lot of lots to make it look right.  Same thing with diagonals.  But maybe a base set with just straight and corners.....  dang, now I'm thinking of that!   :D

Awesome!  In terms of the diagonal... I think that we just need to encourage the people that have already worked on the diagonals to finally finish them!  There's no point in spending energy to do work that is already done.

If you did decide to do the second set... I have an idea on how you could transition between the two sets.  I posed the possibility to Youcef when he made his canals (which were similar in depth to the ones you're talking about, just had the CAL version of your texture.  I posed the possibility of a spillway HERE, and he showed it implemented HERE and HERE.  It is implemented well... but the difference in textures just makes it an eyesore IMO.

Like I said, just a suggestion... it's your creative world, we're just living in it!  Keep up the good work!

(edit for formatting)

Check out Abelfarei!

SimGoober

Nifty.. I was thinking of something along those lines as well.  I'm going to hold of on diagonals and play with this concept.  I have several different projects in mind, some started some just drawn on napkins...

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SimGoober

:thumbsup:

I just uploaded the first "expansion pack" .  No real plans for a pack 2, but who knows?  Leave my options open.

For the deeper canals, that is going to take some more thought.  I did a mock up, and reminded myself why I never did it that way before.  The deeper below the ground level the water is, the more the color shift on the water between pieces.  You can see obvious "seams" where one piece meets another.

To do this properly, I may have to finally get MAX up and running, and I have no idea when time will permit that.....

CabraBuitre

Check out Abelfarei!

SimGoober

Haven't had much time to do much lately, but I did start a project, just for fun.  Based on a RW building.... that is just tooo weird...

Pat

intresting very intresting here SG!!! Cant wait to see what this turns out to be....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SimGoober

Good guess to Jason!

This is stll being tweaked.  The white is TOO white... lol...

Pat

yeaaaa just a wee little too white there SG  :D