• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostwolf

A hundred thanks for the greyscale, soulchaser. It didn't quite work as planned but I think with a little judicious use of height mods and terraforming tools, I can get more or less the right idea.

So, it'll take me a couple of days to get up and running, and to play catch up, and hopefully by then the unofficials will have their own board. Thank you to everyone who helped me out with this one, and hope to have something for you soon. :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

frostwolf, hope you get it working.

Now I would like to mention something here this morning and bring to your attention.

Unfortunetly two Players have left us because of RL reasons as they say. I hope that it is not becuase the challenges are too hard or too easy and not interesting enough. I also hope that the timespan allowed of 10 days (including two weekends) is not too short. We can adjust all of this, if necessary.
The third challenge coming up might be disturbing to some and maybe even discouraging. If we need more time for this, we will make it so. The two challenges after Challenge 3 will be based on Challenge 3, so it will be long before we will get back to *normal* less stressing play. We hope that this will not discourage too many players.
If it does, let me know right when we post Challenge 3, we will then cancel it and jump right to Challenge 6. Please let us know if you think that it will stress or discourage you too much, instead of throwing away your towels and leave the GRV II for good.

Thanks

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mightygoose

bring it on, i think it will make a change to be constrained in your playing, im looking forward to the next couple of udpates...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BarbyW

I have made a new Board for the unofficial players. I look forward to seeing their screenies of the challenges. Pity they were too late to enter.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jjune4991

bring on the stress. some of us people will have finals coming soon, so watch out for many messages from busy people.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

CasperVg

Thanks for the unofficial board, Barby! Gives me a nice spot to show my interpretation of GRV  :)

Shameless advertising: Casper's GRV Doodlings
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

I may be shaking in my boots a bit but I am ready for the 3rd Challenge!!! OK I am scared|!!!  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

We don't want you to be scared Pat, we just want you to be prepared for the unexpected. This Friday midnight.......when the moon is full......is it? :blahblah:

Fred

mightygoose

it was full moon last night for UK .... spooky...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

lynncanox

Fred is only scaring you for nothing. The next Challenge is not that bad. It shall be fun.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

soulchaser

It's all fun......it would also be fun, in my eyes, if you told us to hacve an earthquake in our most developed tile :D (not throwing any bad ideas in :-[ )

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

lynncanox

Don't give us bad ideas soulchaser. We have thought of some good ones by the way.  It will not be boring this time.
                                                             Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Please be advised:

The Challenge 2
is now officially closed, except for those who will post tomorrow and have ask for a delay.

For more details go here:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7370.40

Fred

frostwolf

Finally got my city started. Kind of naked, I'm afraid; no trees or detail yet, but I've got Challenge 1 up. Challenge 2 to follow shortly.

mrbisonm

Please have a look at the Rule section. An addition to the rules have been added in green characters.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7162.msg227868#msg227868

Thank You

Fred

mrbisonm

Points for the second challenge are all in now and the Pointage sheet is also updated. I also unlocked that topic for everyone wanting to leave a comment.

Please judge my challenge 2 now, the way we judged yours, so I can add my name to the list. This is open to all, players or not. Thanks.

Happy 3rd challenge now and have fun creating it.

Fred

soulchaser

It's so silent around here. Did some more lose interest?

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on April 23, 2009, 01:40:02 PM
It's so silent around here. Did some more lose interest?

Well, I hope not........... I must say like you....it is silent!

Fred

BarbyW

We are all too busy getting through Challenge 3 for chit-chat. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

I don't know, but it's starting to look like either everyone is waiting for the last minute and then pm me and ask for a little time-extension, or we scared the heck out of most Players with challenge 3. Is this challenge that difficult?....... ??? Wondering now maybe I should re-write Challenge 4?.......lol  &Thk/(

Fred