• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ANNOUNCEMENT: March 2009 NAM Release

Started by Tarkus, March 07, 2009, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dexist

can i just download this march nam and just instal it or do i need to delete m january nam first?

same question for rhw 3.2

Andreas

@bob56: Looks like I forgot to update the version number for some of the options - the files are the March 2009 controllers, though.

@Scririus: Unfortunately, I selected the wrong file in the first place. I updated it later, but once uploaded, the filename stays, that's how the LEX software is programmed. The ZIP does contain the Windows installer, though.

@Dexist: You can overwrite the January 2009 NAM, but please make sure to select the same plugins, esp. the same Traffic Plugin, than before.
Andreas

Korot

@Andreas about Dexist: Yes that is right, but I still advise you to remove the previous versions, just because it is another 13,... Mb worth of Plugins whom are loaded in to the game.

Jonathan

I think it's just much easier to uninstall all the NAM folder and reinstall all the components, that way you've got rid of the small bugfixes that are included in the March Downloads, and you don't have to worry about whether you got the right file or not :)

Jonathan

GNUCyberKat

This is by far the best release of the NAM to date.  I cannot wait to get it into my cities and regions as the additional rural realism is simply awesome.  Thank you for your outstanding efforts NAM team and congratulations on your finest collection of work to date.
&apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:
Cheers!

Scott

carkid1998

whhooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

are the nam releases gonna be frequent but less updated?? so like 1 new thing for each release?????
Sendona... Coming soon!

z

Quote from: Warrior on March 08, 2009, 05:41:56 AM
In the UK we have dashed line one side and solid on the other(one side can overtake the other can't), so I made this texture that replaces the Orth Rural Roads texture, (but also in the UK curves have double solid white lines), maybe something like this could be the Euro Textures for the RR plugin?

In the US, passing lanes work exactly the same way, so the same texture could be used for both places.  I'm pretty sure the curves are double white lines as well (makes sense), but it's been a while since I've been on those rural roads, so some confirmation of this would be good.

Andreas

The main problem with one dashed and one solid line is that you need two diagonal pieces, one where the dashed line is on the left side and one with the dashed line on the right. But I guess we could make a single solid line (which means overtaking is not allowed, at least in Germany) as a replacement for the US lines on the Rural Road pieces. The puzzle pieces could be used in hilly terrain, or extending the WRC curves that also have a solid line in some cases. Plus, the intersection puzzle pieces would work fine with Euro textures as well, having the advantage of no traffic lights and such.
Andreas

io_bg

Quote from: Andreas on March 08, 2009, 11:30:19 AMBut I guess we could make a single solid line (which means overtaking is not allowed, at least in Germany) as a replacement for the US lines on the Rural Road pieces. The puzzle pieces could be used in hilly terrain, or extending the WRC curves that also have a solid line in some cases. Plus, the intersection puzzle pieces would work fine with Euro textures as well, having the advantage of no traffic lights and such.
I was just going to suggest this, I hope you or someone else will make these textures :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jonathan

QuoteThe main problem with one dashed and one solid line is that you need two diagonal pieces, one where the dashed line is on the left side and one with the dashed line on the right.
Or just add a Transpose line to the RULs and the texture would flip.

Maybe someone could do a UK Textures mod, that adds on to the Euro Textures mod?
(btw, this is an example of a Corner near where I live
Jonathan

Andreas

Update notice

I have updated the NAM files on the LEX, all reported bugs should be fixed now. For those who already installed the NAM March 2009 update: You only have to re-download the NAM Essentials once again and update both the NAM Controller and the Bridge controller, as both files were updated. :)
Andreas

k808j

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

JoeST

well that was a pleasant surprise, I go away for a weekend (of stargate) and I come back and EVERYTHING has happened... :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

tuxcore

Hello friends. I can only say OMFG!! ...... This impressive &apls ... thank you, thank you very much, it really needed

but i have a question..
this mod contains diagonal overpass for RHW?  ::)

for example

Tuxcore

Tarkus

Quote from: tuxcore on March 09, 2009, 05:21:27 AM
this mod contains diagonal overpass for RHW?  ::)

Not yet. ;)  The only changes with the RHW were stability and pathing improvements to features that were already in place.

kj3400

Umm I noticed that when you try to download the STR Mod for Windows, it downloads the Mac version. I'm aware you can use the Mac version for Windows, but I just thought I'd mention it.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Tarkus

kj3400, actually, the files are just mislabeled.  The description will tell you which version is the correct one.  As well as the Windows and Mac logos. ;)

-Alex

LE0

Just wondering, is there a list of puzzle pieces the Rural Roads mod includes?

thanks
Leoland coming Spring 2009