• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

now that is fantastic...The pilot survived, AWESOME!!! must mean there is edible's in the forest.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tomas Neto

Another fantastic update, my friend!!!  &apls &apls &apls

KoV Liberty

Another great update! I was gonna say that if you did the airport it would be QUITE the job! I can understand why you won't build it by yourself. Also... how is my house coming along?

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

threestooges, the wood on the side of the road is from the Slye Sawmill of course and is planned to be used as forms for the concrete construction of the bridge. I haven't decided which bridge to use yet. I might make some BATs as the construction continues over the water.....
JoeST, edibles there is and much more..... ???
Tomas Neto , Thanks Tomas, come again.
Driftmaster07,...hm....about that house....well, to disappoint you, Alex Puto just moved into a houseboat I heard. Some problems finding appartments in Access and land to build. Looks like a "sold-out" overthere.
Btw, the airstrip will be a customlot that I'll put together with existing props and textures.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for leaving a word or two. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

danielcote

jeese how far is this highway going to go?

mrbisonm

Here is a more detailed map of the 1961 Winding River Region. As you can see the highway 15 is about 30 % of its length and should be ready in 1966 to make the connection with Frampton's Highway 15. Quite some time still to go.

Fred

KoV Liberty

Ok. Wow, only 30% completed? A long way to go!

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

Wow only 30% complete in what 9 updates? Then I estimate it will take ..... 29 updates about. So wow You've got alot of ground to cover.

hi I'm going to air cadet camp for 2 weeks so I'll be gone for a while just to inform you. OK? ok.

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mrbisonm

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on July 10, 2009, 07:36:48 PM
what is up with Imageshack?

Why? Do you have problems with it?
Seems ok to me.......

Fred

NASCAR_Guy

apparently they got hacked earlier and about half the pics came out like this.

Also if I cant get into the Grocery Business,maybe I can build the biggest thing in Acsess Junction, $%Grinno$%

A new hotel franchise!

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21973
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mrbisonm

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on July 10, 2009, 10:15:15 PM
Also if I cant get into the Grocery Business,maybe I can build the biggest thing in Acsess Junction, $%Grinno$%

A new hotel franchise!
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21973

Noted.......;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Here is just a small update for the weekend.

It was all over the news today, the Rails are coming to Winding River. Northern Trail Rails (NTR) started to enter the region at its northern point in Bromont, where the terrain is not the easiest to construct rails on, some officials said. But to avoid several bridge constructions it was decided to accept a few kilometers of difficult terrain. It should take two to three years for the completion of the passage.

These rails are supposed to cross one third of the region and turn west sharply near Valmore to connect to an existing rail in the neighboring region.

Access Road west branch was also connected to the next region today and it will be used for the rail construction coming in from the west during the next month.

Mr Sweathers, the surviving pilot that the loggers discovered living in Valmore North for two decennies, was today announced to be in perfect health by the General Hospital in Bluebay. He was then brought to the armybase in Beecherfalls for interogation. Here is another picture of his "domain", which his family meanwhile took posession of.

In the same county, Valmore North, the first bridge building of Highway 15 has somewhat advanced. Some support beams for the bridge were constructed and the upper supporting frame should be ready by next month, meaning that before spring 62 arrives, traffic will be able to cross the bridge.

Young Alex Puto, the Program Manager's assistent, is the responsable for this project. Not very easy for the fresh out of college Engineer, he is doing an excellent job as far as Michael Allheimer, the Project Manager, mentioned it.

One mysterious fellow originally from Bluebay, but now living in Capitol City, Mr Nethaniel Joseph Wellington, has been buying a few stores and buildings in Access Junction lately. No one really knows yet what these will become, but rumours are that they are the beginning of a new foodstore chain.

TS Slye, now 20 years old, reveiled today that the sawmill will eventually move as soon as access to the Winding River has been made with highway 15. Already speculating a place for moving the sawmill to, Slye has also garanteed that no one will loose their job and that a bus transportation system offered by Tom Kohler, a new friend of TS, will be available for the workers, depenses paid by the sawmill. But why he moves the sawmill was not answered. I wonder.....

Michael Arven was hired by the mayor of Access Junction last week to design and organize the new sherrif's office, which was finally accepted by the Government to be built in Access. Lucy's murder is still under investigation and is slowly falling into a deadend zone, as offcials say. Will this become another unsolved murdercase? Lucy did not have any family and left her ownings to the town of Access. The Gasstation was sold to a local fellow who will continue to offer the service to the public, her home to a young mother with two kids from Frampton and the famous truckstop was finally sold to Barbara White, which will take over the business within the next month.

John Gabber, his brother Gary and his father Henry have bought some 2 thousand acres of land near the Winding River curve, where they found the rockskulls. Highway 15 will be going through right in the middle of it.

Valmore South has been busy taking care of the archeological find of the ^petrified dinosaur. It was officially today that this will be the futur site of an important regional museum. A steelframe  covered with glass built right over the petrified skelleton, the first of its kind, was finalized this week and an opening ceremony was held on saturaday evening, of course followed with champagne delights. The glass will be installed right after winter. The cost of this project will be in the millions, which should be very welcomed to the community of Valmore's futur. It will be opened for touristic visits before next summer.
The land around the Valmore lake and village has been sold out like hotcakes to farmers because of the richness of the soils. The government will encourage farming in these counties with plentiful subsidies for those who are willing to start a life in agriculture.

Here is a closer look of the Valmore village, already having a coffeshop and a small generalstore. Guy Racsan has bought some land near the lake lately and is planning to build a Hotel or Motel for tourists, he announced this morning to the Access Tribune.

I will be back later this week with a closer look at Access Junction, which grows like crazy. New homes, new commercials, some big industries moving in and the preparation to move the sawmill. Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment.

Fred

beutelschlurf

moin mrbisonm,
nice update of your splendit diary!  :thumbsup:
i really like the archeological museum with its frame of steel to protect the bones, ...
it's lovely to see the development of a new settlement, i hope with it's starting agriculture, it's not disturbing the nice places around!
keep it up!

cheers
b_schlurf

kimcar

The devellopemnet looking very good . Great wood bridge that you have done. The construction area look so real and i like the idea of the Arch museum. &apls &apls

JoeST

Fantastic looking update, could I suggest that you try the wide radius rail curves (with the NAM) for your rail corners, it might look better :)

Nice story about Lucy.

Joe

mrbisonm

beutelschlurf , Thanks for the comment, I still have to bat the glass around the museums steelframe, maybe in one of the next updates.

Thanks kimcar for leaving a word, appreciated.

JoeST, I thought about using the wide curves for the rails, but when I saw the rough terrain I made it easier (for myself of course) to use the maxis curves. Next time, I'll promise. And yes, they do look better, like you said.

Fred

JoeST

JoeST, I thought about using the wide curves for the rails, but when I saw the rough terrain I made it easier (for myself of course) to use the maxis curves. Next time, I'll promise. And yes, they do look better, like you said.[/quote]Well tbh rails dont work on 'rough' terrain ;) maybe you should get yourself a custom slopes mod that fixes rails (and maybe RHW) only ?

Joe

KoV Liberty

Cool little update! Will you BAT the bridge and just have it be a hangover lot? That would be very cool!

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

just_a_guy

I just read all of your MD since it's begining and I must say, It's incredibly good! I really like how the region begins to evolve just like in RL. I'm anxious to see how the region continues.

I'm also interested in having a character in your MD, should I PM you with the details or should I just post it here?

Cheers!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing