• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe31

The Yamato in futurist version, no?

KoV Liberty

Yes. It is based off a WWII Japanese Yamato class battleship.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Fabian93

My first (real) try at a seaport:

It's only 1/4 of the whole seaport,
please criticize  :)

Fabian

tag_one

The only critique I have as that your not using my container handling stuff  :D

But seriously, wonderful image Fabian! I really like the color in your shot  :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

beutelschlurf

moin Fabian93,

great detailing ... think you've done a great job on your seaport!
would like to see the other part, too!  ;D

b_schlurf

FrankU

Yes please! Show us the rest. This part looks promising enough.

francispacheco

hello there. im having trouble with beautyfyng my sea ports. i need an open paved area that matches the paved area of my docks. where can i download an open paved area? thanks.

tag_one

Hi Francispacheco,
First of all welcome to our community!!  I'm sure you'll have a great time over here and we are looking forward seeing pictures of your cities :)
I'm not sure but I think there are some paved area lots on the STEX at Simtropolis.com. How ever this will require quite a search and success is not guaranteed. I think the fastest way is to create those lots yourself with the lot editor. Than you'll certainly get the result you're looking for ;)
If you don't have the loteditor yet, you can download it from the official SimCity site  :)   

Fabian93

... or from here: CLICK  ;)

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated - glad you all like it  :)
Well, when I said it's just 1/4 of the whole port I didn't mean that I've build the full port yet, it's not even fully terraformed  :P
tag_one - don't worry I'll use them on another part of the port, and I'll also use the refinery lots (or the complete lot, as I don't know how to build a good looking refinery myself) near by the oil tanks

This is everything I've got so far, maybe need to rework some parts of it, though  &mmm

The arrows show the expansions of the port (you'll probably won't understand, since it's not really informative)

Fabian

solsystem

Hi Fabian,

your seaport looks great und very interesting. Maybe the position of tho oil pier is a little bit dangerous.

I think i have to pay more attention to the container stuff from tag_one.

Thomas

tag_one

Looks wonderful Fabian! I'm sure this will become a great port when finished.  &apls
If you want some inspiration for your oil refinery I suggest going to this place in Google Earth: "Vondelingenplaat Netherlands" A large Dutch oil refinery is situated over there and in google earth you get a nice idea of the size and complexity.  ;)

BTW: which water mod are you using? I like the color of it!

art128

That's a wonderful port you have there Fabian, I really like it !  &apls Just a thing, it looks like there too much crane at the point where you used SOMY's port facility, but you can't do anything to that thought.. &mmm Except that little detail, I really love that port ! You can put at right some bulk area !  ;)
Merijn, I think that water texture is one of Dogfight's pack !  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

peter007

WoW it's a very cool seaport but you have to use some buoyz  ??? Boats use that see how deep the water is in the discription stands how to use it. All ports,sea,canals have buoyz so you need to use it
but a pretty cool port

tag_one

Thanks for your reply Arthur, I'll have a look when I'm at home :)

jonno

Here is something I've been working on.  I usually just follow the natural coastline, so this one is a bit of a change for me, figured I'd share it.

jacqulina

BarbarossaS

Yes, very lovely port Fabian, can't wait to see the expansions!  :thumbsup:

Jonno, your port is looking good too! &apls

-Stijn-

Nardo69

Not really a shoreline of the sea but a river shore:

From my latest update. Enjoy!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tag_one

As great as usual Bernhard! I love the natural look of it  :thumbsup: