• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Hayden Sound, a region by Swamper77

Started by Swamper77, March 24, 2007, 07:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

QuoteThis farm specializes in an rare genetically engineered plant that is a cross between a coconut palm and a pine tree. The trees look like pine trees, but have coconuts instead of pine cones.
So I can now grow coconuts in here in Holland as well? :D

I don't know these farm very well, interesting to see some of the different types that have been developed.

rooker1

Excellent looking farms.  Very nicely laid out.  I love it, Great pictures.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Heinz

loving the farms! great to see you got what you set out to achieve. i find it rare for myself to do so. lol. see you around

NikNik

Very nice updates Jan.

RL is bugging me so I only have time to comment during lunch break.

The farms are looking great. The mosaic is well done and the town grows and grows.

Great updates.

Nik-Nik

Swamper77

@Emilin: Thanks for the explaination. I didn't realize I was making boring stuff look good.

@Old Rogue: Welcome back. I hope real life is treating you okay.

@Thundercrack: The banana farms are by JMyers, and they tend to grow like weeds, literally. I can't count the number of times I fired up the bulldozer to remove them, just to watch them reappear.

@Kwakelaar: The "pineconut" trees are the side affect of me using my mod that replaces the palm tree props with pine trees. The field is a coconut palm field with palm tree props. It is a CSX farm field.

@Robin: Thanks for your comments.

@Heinz: I'm looking forward to your return. I have a few short-term goals set for each township that I develop. As time goes on, I set new goals for them.

@Nik-Nik: Sorry to hear that real life is bothering you. I hope it gets better for you soon.... Thanks for the comments.

I'm making a final trip to Stone Valley for the time being before I start another new township. Stone Valley is holding steady and has had a few upgrades since our last visit to the town....

Stone Valley residents no longer have to travel to Independence or Misty Plains for their car care needs. Exxon opened a new gas station and the Aussie tire chain Beaurepaires opened their first tire store in the region, across the street from the gas station.

Closeups of the new car care businesses.

Stone Valley has expanded towards to south a bit more. Many new houses have been added to the town. The small grove of trees in the new neighborhood is a reserved space for future development. At this time, it is small park that the children play in.

Another upgrade that Stone Valley received was a medical clinic. Now the workers and residents can get local care instead of traveling to Misty Plains for healthcare. It also nicely complements the dental clinic that is already in town.

With all the new residents, a post office has been added to the town. Independence, Misty Plains, and Stone Valley all have a post office.

Between the old and new sections of town, an alleyway was constructed. The alleyway is for the residents of the nearby houses to park their cars if their property does not have a driveway or parking available.

Some Aussie-style housing developments have been appearing in town lately. The residents might be drawn by the local gum tree farm since gum trees are native to Australia.

Updated overview of the town of Stone Valley.

New Township for Development:

This new township borders both Independence and the township of Coastal Heights, which is composed of several small towns. There are currently three road connections between these two townships and the new one. I plan to build a town on the plateau close to Independence and work my way to the coastline from there. The peninsula on the other side will consist pf mostly farms and a few small villages. Power will be provided by Independence's Hardun Coal Power Plant until the new township can afford its own power plant.

Click the picture to see the full-size mosaic. Nothing is hidden under the grey area in the mosaic. I simply did not take enough pictures to reveal the entire township. Besides, it's only water and The Abyss in that area of the picture.

The next time I update, you will be seeing shots from the new township, Freedombourne.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Flipside

Can't wait for Freedombourne, Swamper!!

I love this MD.

lol @ the banana farms ubiquity. Happens to me too.  :D

thundercrack83

Another beautiful update! I love the new car repair shop! Can't wait to see how you develop the new parts of the region!

Swamper77

I'm going to be gone for the weekend to attend to an event. I'll be back late Sunday after leaving at 10:30 am on Friday PST.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

kwakelaar

Pinecoconuts, still find them quite fascinating. :D

Love the update, and I hope you  had a nice weekend.

NikNik

Hey Swamper, RL is still bugging me, but what the heck, for some things in life you just have to make some time.

Great to see that Exxon gas station. The tire repair shop is a very nice lot. Well detailled.
Aussies attraced to gum trees. ha, ha, ha wait until I tell my colleagues (I am working for an Australian company).
Nice that overlaying entrance, you've made it yourself?

Hang on in there.

Nik-Nik

rooker1

Great updat eonce again.  Where did you get the piece that goes from the road to parking?

Thanks if you can help.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Heinz

nice to see stone valley get up on its own feet with the new businesses. good development brings in commerce, yea? looking forward to freedombourne. rooker brought it up and made me take a second look. where indeed did you get that piece? nice!

Swamper77

@Flipside: Here's the preview of what you wanted to see.....

@Thundercrack: Thanks for your comments.

@Kwakelaar: I had a good weekend. Thanks for the good thoughts in my direction.

@Nik-Nik: Please don't get me in trouble with your colleagues. I'm glad you like the small town feel of Stone Valley.

@Heinz: Good development does bring in commerce.

@All: Looks like I have some explaining to do:

- Pineconuts: This is a side effect of using my "no palms" mods. The Maxis palm tree props have been replaced by the Maxis pine tree models with the current plugin arrangement I am using.

- Driveway "Connection": I made some custom transit-enabled lots using one of SimGoober's overlays to make the driveways "connect" to my roadway system. There are "T" and "4-way" lots for roads and streets (2 of each roadway type, 4 total). I made them for my personal use.

I haven't had much time to play lately, but I did manage to get a few pics from the new township of Freedombourne...

Development Plan

The unlabeled land to the north will become farmlands and the lower level around the southern plateau will have the rest of the township's development. I'd like to have this township become a coastal city in the future.

Barby K. Winterton Nature Reserve Dedicated:
On the easternside of the southern shores, the Barby K. Winterton Nature Reserve was created. It encompasses most of the eastern side of the southern half of the Freedombourne Township. No hunting or fishing is allowed within the boundaries of the Reserve. Fencing has been erected along the western border of the Reserve:

Rustic lodgepole fencing

The fenceline runs from the southern edge of the township to the coastline.

The animals have been seen jumping the fence frequently. Passageways through the fence will be made soon.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

thundercrack83

Wow! The nature preserve looks fantastic! I love those fences. Keep up the good work!

emilin

Two wonderful updates. I especially like the little car with the flag on the roof. It's such attention to detail that makes this journal so good. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

Great update.  Very simple pictures, yet I like them alot.  The fence looks great, very realistic.

Is there any amount of begging that I could do to get you to upload those personal use Driveway connection peices?  I have no idea how to make stuff like that and I don't know of anyone else who has uploaded such a creation.  I think they would be a great addition to the game.  And they do look perfect, if I haven't already said so. ::)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Swamper77

@Thundercrack: A second nature preserve is on the table for being designated. It will be on the eastern part of the northern part of the township.

@Emilin: The Mini with the UK flag on the roof is part of this download on the BSC LEX: BRT Scandia Minis BSC. They are one of two sets of Minis that I created for this particular BSC project.

@Robin: I'll see about it. Begging me won't help $%Grinno$% I need to clean up the files first and my time is limited these days. I'm job hunting again :(

@Bat: Thanks.

A bit of an update on Misty Plains and some winter shots of Freedombourne are what I'm showcasing in this update....

Three new businesses have appeared in Misty Plains. From left to right: a Starbuck Coffee Shop, Trixie's VI (an adult business), and a Daihatsu car dealership. The Daihatsu dealership has fun getting the cars out of the back lot  :D

The new "roundabout" to ease the traffic congestion in the area.

Misty Plains USPS workers heading out to their runs.

The Starbucks and the Trixie's IV establishments have been bought up and replaced by Thompson's Trading Co. The office building handles various transactions with the SimNation Stock Market. There was a MTP business and a cell phone store next to the post office, but SimTech Inc. demolished them to make room for a local office for their company. Oh, look at that! It's starting to snow. ;D

A few days later, and in Freedombourne....

This is the current residential arrangement for Freedombourne. The residents walk or drive to their work places which are just a little bit away.

This is "downtown" Freedombourne. 2 gas stations, 2 hotels, a restaurant, several stores, and an office building is the "downtown" of Freedombourne.

A section of Freedombourne is getting an Aussie make-over. Several Aussie-styled houses are being constructed in this corner of the town. The modular homes that were on these sites have been demolished and the scraps hauled away. What the? There seems to be a ghost cement mixer. Where did that come from? ???

Residents moving into their new housing in the northern portion of the housing development after some plots were redeveloped.

One of the houses that was constructed during the redevelopment. It is based on a design that is commonly seen in South Africa.

A nice cozy villa.

A deer wandering through a resident's yard. The local wildlife wander in from the surrounding woods from time to time....

...and occassionally into traffic. (Darn llamas!) ::)

With the recent redevelopment, several offices and a another shop decided to set up shop in Freedombourne. The new offices, from left to right: SimNational Bank, another branch of Thompson Trading Co., and a satellite office of BLS Real Estate.

Next time, I will have more pics of Freedombourne, and the snow that has blanketed the cities in my region

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Pat

Jan them darn llamas will get you every time lol, great update and btw love the new avaitar - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

Great pictures jan. The simple structure of the city gives it a natural beauty by it self. Ant the Barby K. Winterton Nature Reserve is even more beautiful - absolutely gorgeous  :thumbsup:.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN