• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LP_Green

I'll be challenging in 8 minutes if no one challenge before that. Since I posted the last vote, I need to wait 30 minutes  ;)

porter66083

Never mind.... I guess you changed the pic.

Um.... or didn't. I'm confused now...

Ok.... trying this again....

vs

Sheep49

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

LP_Green

haha, it's alright my friend. and you know what? I'm actually going to vote for you on this one. I love the effects that you put on the pic. The weather looks unsafe haha, but that's what makes this picture original.

Porter66083: 1

Sheep49: 0

edit: put it back, my editing was posted after you posted your pic. haha, pretty confusing.

Pat

LoL to muuuuuuch confussion tonight I know I should be in bed now but anyways Jacob you get my vote I love your effect there with the lights and how the water looks iced over wow!!!

2 - Porter66083

0 - Sheep49

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmdude1

well porters pic is nice and the effects are great but ive seen these 3 lights in the pond a few times here now, albeit at different angles and zooms.  sheeps pic is very nice too. great colours, nice field and no jagged edges along the road. i will vote for sheep49 this round.

2 - Porter66083

1 - Sheep49

thundercrack83

porter66083

vs.

Sheep49

I will vote for Piotr (Sheep49) and tie things up.

2-2, tie.

ky72x

While Sheep's shot is really clean and crisp, especially the crops, I still like the sheer realism and levels of detail in Porter's excellent downtown scene more.  :)

Porter66083 - 3

Sheep49 - 2

tag_one

Incredibly difficult decision as both pictures are wonderful  &apls
I'll make it tie

3 - 3 tie

threestooges

Both pics this round are good. Sheep's pic is interesting and, while it would have been nice to see a car or something, I like how the street bisects the pic. Porter has done some of the best winter photoshopping I've seen here, but that aside, the buildings give a dense feeling but the water helps keep it from being overcrowded and the building in the foreground makes an interesting focal point and does an interesting job of breaking up the scene. My vote this round goes to Porter.

Porter66083: 4
Sheep49: 3

art128

I go for Porter this time  :thumbsup:
Porter66083: 5
Sheep49: 3
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

south park

my vote is for sheep49 :
porter66083 : 5
sheep49 : 4
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

I vota for Porter66083, so:

Porter66083 - 6
Sheep49 - 5
:thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

I vote for porter66083's picture, too:
[tabular type=2]
[row][head]Name of Contestant[/head][head]Votes Cast For[/head][/row]
[row][data]Porter6608[/data][data]7[/data][/row]
[row][data]Sheep49[/data][data]5[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Jack Bauer

porter66083's picture is so breathtaking and represents pretty well the vision i get of the North-American CBD's!!

porter66083 8
Sheep49 5

TheTeaCat

porter66083 for me this round &apls

9/5 porter66083 leading

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CasperVg

I'll end the voting round with a vote to porter, making it 10 - 5

Who'll challenge?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Dark_Jedi06

I'll give it a go. :)

I call this one Divine Light... :satisfied:

porter66083
...this space to be filled soon...

Amerikaner

WOW this may just be the HARDEST challenge yet, both pictures are amazing. Dark_Jedi has done as usual a wonderful job of lot-editing and placement of buildings, the church looks absolutely amazing. The train also helps break apart the picture, diverts your eyes a tad to help you focus on different parts of the picture. Porter has done a fabulous job with photoshopping, the fountain looks so realistic its amazing. The buildings Porter has chosen also match really nicely, to the point where Maxis' avenues don't really even deserve to be apart of the picture.  :P

My vote however goes to DJ-

Dark_Jedi - 1
Porter - 0

art128

I go for Dark_jedi06 this time  :)
2 - 0 in Dark_jedi06 favor  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog