• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vab423

Well said Cabrabuitre.  Colyn, I went back and looked at the original rules and they state ...photoshop can be used; not must

Congrats on the last round, Jacky.  I think I'm going with Travis' pic this time as I think I can see my retirement house in the top right corner.

5-0 Travis (?)

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Masochist

First off, thank you guys for keeping the conversation civil!  That's a perfect example of how to present opposing opinions respectfully, without flames or insults.  Thank you! :thumbsup:

Okay...I'm going with Jackie's picture, making the score 5/1 in favor of Travis.
(Under Construction)

Pat

WOW talk about being ummm what thats word im looking for here
ohh yea Civil, wait errrrr not that word but umm how about
Friendly and REAL.  yea that works for me.  Those last few post
about what makes a picture worthy, IE to use or not use Photo
editing skills is what makes SC4Devotions special and with that
said and off my chest my vote goes to Jacky. - pat

Travis  5

Jacky  2

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jen_p

I really like Jacky's pic

5/3 Travis

I must add that in my opinion both presentation and subject matter should count.
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Colyn

Well I hear what you are saying and I agree about the rules ... but let's think about it for a moment ... there are hundreds of threads with MD style shots and great stories and excellent building skills .... but this forum is something different .... here I expected to see some top quality shots well presented and as a matter of fact when I saw the opening shot from Masochist I was really impressed ... then there was the Marczar shot and others follow ... but then I also see people voting and stating that this or that "city building" skill was either the PRO or the CON and I thought that it was not right ... here we do not boast or show city building skills ... here we show that what is SPECIAL ...

Now maybe we take this discussion out of the VOTNG thread and then we can also at least post some images to make a point ... there is a SUGGESTION BOX thread that we can use.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

samlee860407

this is my 1st vote here :)
and it goes to jacky

5-4 travis

sebes

I go for Jacqulina's falls again...

Same reason as last time: the mystic tranquility jumps of the screen when looking at this natural picture.

5/5 tie
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

praiodan

rooker1

I'll make it 7/5 for Travis.

Robin    :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

EDGE4194

Jacky- beautiful work (as usual)!  &apls I wanted to vote for Colyn the last one, but have to give Jacky the nod this time.
7/6 Travis

Thornton

I'll give my vote to Jacky again making it a tie of 7/7

Thornton

sam

I vote for Travis

Travis - 8, Jacky - 7

Fledder200

i'm going for the falls :)

8/8
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

metasmurf

one vote for travis, c.p's houses rocks

pvarcoe

This a tough one, I really like both shots.

I'll give the edge to Travis

And I believe the round goes to Travis 10-8

M4346

Can I challenge then?

Die Heuwel

Travis

PS. Congratulations Travis! :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Masochist

Attention!  I know I said that I wouldn't do anything about this, but enough people have spoken up in the Suggestion Box thread that it's clear that something must be done.  So starting right now, if you post the deciding vote (as in the 10th vote for a picture to win) and wish to challenge for the next round, you must wait until at least half-an-hour (30 mins.) has passed.  That's regardless of whether or not the other picture is inducted into the Hall of Fame.

This is not to punish or penalize the last voter, it's only done to give people a fair chance to challenge.  Many people use the last vote to challenge others, and no one can tell if the vote is an actual valid opinion or just a means to jump-the-gun.  Hopefully this helps to curb that.  If you have any thoughts on this (positive or negative), please visit the aforementioned Suggestion Box thread and respectfully state them (you will be heard, I guarantee!).  Thanks!

Now that that's all out of the way, Travis's picture is in its second round...I'll have to go with it on this one.

1/0 Travis
(Under Construction)

Colyn

My vote goes to "Die Heuwel" ... I like the play of light and that dogleg row of cottages just makes me see the Cape ;)

1/1
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

I really like both pictures, but I'm going to with........Travis.

2/0 Travis

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.