• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Prime Road Avenue (PRA) Project

Started by MandelSoft, June 24, 2009, 06:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

JMVL has sent me a manual about how to make puzzle pieces (thank you very much, Joris), so very soon you'll see the first puzzle-pieces  :)

Now I only need a IID and IIID range for this project from the NAM Team. If I know which ID's I can use for my project, the whole project finally starts for real.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

secretformula

I would like to help out on this project. I have already talked to Z about helping out on NAM projects

MandelSoft

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the very first puzzle pieces of the PRA project:

These roads will be used in urban situations. You may think these avenues are a little bit narrow, but according to the game scales, every lane is 3.5 meters wide. That's slightly wider than Dedgren's RealRoads. Beside this set, there will also be a rural set.

Another thing I would like to note is that these are my first puzzle pieces EVER. So that's quite an achievement for me.

And the last thing I would like to note is that it looks like some people would like to help me with this project. I can use any help people can give me. I would like to have some people who can make textures, especially US styled ones (because I started with an Euro set). Attached below are all the textures I used for the PRA at this point.

More pieces to come soon!

Best,
Maarten

sithlrd98

Great job on the puzzle pieces! That is one aspect that I hope to be able to understand! Anyway, since I have never figured out exactly how certain parts of these are made, I am wondering if this is kinda what you are talking about for a US texture?

It is zoomed in a bit and I'm doing it on the fly...0x5C000004

Jayson

Nique

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on June 25, 2009, 02:13:37 PM
Maybe Nique will let them use his incompleted RHW-2 textures for the euro textures.

Download it and take what you can get, it's free  ;D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9UEQZNJ
Proudly developer of

MandelSoft

How quick can you say PRA TuLEP?

It took me a week to put this together, but I finally got everything working properly. I've also got a 3-way intersection ready.

Keep watching this thread for more development pictures!

Best,
Maarten

KoV Liberty

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Leodido

Very nice, also the traffic light is a great job, are they available?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

WC_EEND

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 28, 2009, 02:58:51 AM

It took me a week to put this together, but I finally got everything working properly. I've also got a 3-way intersection ready.

Keep watching this thread for more development pictures!

Best,
Maarten

looking very nice :thumbsup:, if the traffic lights were in black and yellow, they would look just like the Belgian ones  :D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

Great stuff Maarten.  :thumbsup:

I wonder if this will be compatible with the other upcoming roadmods that are in the works (NWM, Real Roads, Tulep, ...)? Or can we only use one of them?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

u.mueller

Starmanw402007

Awesome guys keep up the great work. That'll go well with the busiest intersection.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

peter007

Great project I'm going to follow this  &apls

z

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 28, 2009, 02:58:51 AM

Yes, that's looking great!  :thumbsup:  Now all we need are some US road textures. :)

Twisterman02

Excellent work ;D. This is exactly what I need for my cities. I currently us a combination of RHW and avenues but isn't aesthetically working for me. Keep up the excellent work &apls.

allan_kuan1992

the only issue about shrinking those lanes is that the automata may in some cases have trouble squeezing by each other without crashing.