• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Thames District: I'm on holiday.

Started by joelyboy911, August 21, 2009, 04:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumwonyuno

Awesome pictures of your airport!  I really like the overview one.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

djvandrake

A nice mix of aircraft types that is very fitting for your airport size.  Looks great! Well done.  &apls

calibanX

That's a great small airport. I'm looking for some inspiration to build a small regional airport and you've definitely inspired me.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

joelyboy911

Hello all. Many thanks for your lovely, and highly encouraging comments. I intend to produce some better replies soon, but I need to do this interlude today.

Part One

This little picture is to show the 737s I've been working on. The dates apply to when that livery was used. All these planes will be used, one way or another when I show the international airport I'm working on.

Part Two

On this date, November 28th, 30 years ago, in 1979, A McDonnell-Douglas DC-10, owned by Air New Zealand took off from Auckland Airport for a sightseeing trip, over the Antarctic Ice, and at McMurdo Sound. The plane crashed into the side of Mount Erebus, after taking a wrong course, in whiteout conditions. All 237 passengers and 20 crew aboard were killed.

It was New Zealands worst aviation disaster. 200 New Zealanders, 24 Japanese nationals, 22 Americans, 6 British citizens, 2 Canadians, 1 Australian, 1 Frenchman, and 1 Swiss national were killed. 16 of the bodies were unidentifiable, and 28 were never found. It is the sixteenth deadliest air disaster of all time, and is New Zealand's deadliest disaster of any kind, ever.

If you don't mind, you don't need to comment just on this teaser. Its really more of a memorial to those who died in the disaster, and a history lesson for my readers. I do however, still want to know your thoughts on my last airport, just back over the page.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Mighty fine time line there Joel...  :thumbsup:

I concur with what you said, there aren't enough comments for the amount of quality work here...

Havva good one,
Adrian.

Congrats on the 6,500 views... and 200+ comments!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Cyclone1001

That is quite amazing, I love it. I have 2 questions:
1- Where did you get all of the sets for your airport?
2- Why did you put the lights on the blast pad (bottom of last picture)?

But anyways, great airport!

adroman

Cyclone1001: The turboprops were made by Joel himself... as apart of SCAG. The 737's are something that Joel and myself are working on...

The lights are included in the RMIP packs on the STEX.

Just another 2 of my cents...

Havva good one,
Adrian.

KoV Liberty

A moment of silence for those who died...

And Joel, could you show us a current region view of the, well, region?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

Quote from: adroman on November 28, 2009, 12:11:31 PM
Cyclone1001: The turboprops were made by Joel himself... as apart of SCAG. The 737's are something that Joel and myself are working on...

The lights are included in the RMIP packs on the STEX.

Just another 2 of my cents...

Havva good one,
Adrian.

Well, I have all of the RMIP stuff and everything compatible with it, (that I have found so far) so I was wondering if I missed something. But thank you anyways.

dobdriver

You've done a fine job of those planes and the airport Joel, I have to agree with Adrian it is one of the best airports going.

I see the shadow doesn't match the plane in the approach, is there anyway to swap the shadows in game? You will have to find the exemplar that controls this or is it in the exe file?

30 years since the Erebus crash, they hadn't been going there for very long when that happened and I don't think Air New Zealand have flown there since.

Take it easy

FrankU

This is really a nice, small, realistic, fully detailed airport.

The only thing that really bothers me is something that is not a problem that is raised by you. It's about the large lighting elements that light the nightshots. The light is just too much: I see a large white cone, without any details where the light hits the ground. A real lightcone just does not look that way.
But that is more a concern for the one who made these elements.

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

WC_EEND

Your planes look very nice, and I also liked the history of Air New Zealand. After some wikipedia reading about the crash, I can imagine that it was a horrible accident, sice no-one saw it coming.

Take care

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

joelyboy911

Many thanks to all of you who have commented. Sorry, I can't do individual replies tonight, as I am very short of time. I have to go to bed, as I need to get up early tomorrow, in preparation to leave on my one-month long holiday at the beach. I think I'll just get straight on to the pictures now. I had hoped to produce a fully-fledged update of the re-vamped CBD, but factors beyond my control have prevented that from happening. Lately, I've been working away in BAT texturing planes found on the internet for my brand new International Airport. Here's a sneak preview of it. The update will document the historty of the airport from its construction in the mid-1970s, to its state in the early 2010s.

The planes, in order of appearance, are: Air New Zealand DC-10-30; British Airways 747-200, Singapore Airlines 747-400, Air New Zealand 787-9Dreamliner. The first two pictures are somewhere around 1975, and the second two are somewhere around 2015.

So, I'll be away from the internet for 4 weeks from tomorrow. I might make it online for a look around, but I'm fairly certain that I won't be able to produce an update for at least 5 weeks. Then, however, there are some big exciting things happening in the Jan-Feb season with this CBD and this Airport. Hope to see you there.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Oh, Bravo! That is wonderful, my friend!  :thumbsup:

That BA is the cream of the crop, simply wonderful! The 747 really is the queen of the skies, isn't it?

That Dreamliner is wonderful... I'm glad you're looking into the future in such style  ;)

Simply amazing, Joel... A teaser indeed :D

Havva good one,
Adrian.

Cyclone1001

Oh how I 'hate' you! Very nice, very nice...

Battlecat

Looks great!  That's a nice batch of airplane skins!

Have a great holiday!

djvandrake

Fantastic airport close-up action shots.  I love that you already have a 787-9 flying in your city!  :thumbsup: &apls