• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citymax

djvandrake

Bravo!  Fantastic work.  I'm always so impressed with your bridges and how you make your shorelines look so awesome.  &apls

i_love_lamp

I would compare this to a Picasso painting, but your city isnt a bunch of random lines and colors put together in a manner that would make a seasick person puke
I would compare this to a Michaelangelo painting, but your city makes the Sistine chapel look like a 4 year olds fingerpainting
Ill just say good job  :thumbsup:

Yan077

Another splendid updates Ioan, I like so much your system transportation, you give me some interesting ideas for my city  :thumbsup:

travismking

this is probably my favorite CJ errr... MD? of all time. I love your attention to detail and making sure things look 100% the way you want them to look, wish I had this kind of patience. BTW, what type of seawalls do you use?

kwakelaar

Such great looking updates again. I really like the combination of buildings in your older district.

Tomas Neto

Awesome update!!! City very well done!!! Fantastic!!!  :thumbsup:

Highrise99

I've been looking around the LEX for sea walls.  I found and downloaded some of jeronij's.  They are very good walls, don't get me wrong, however, I quickly discovered that the terrain has to be terraformed very accurately to make the walls look similar to Pirgos'.  Using hole diggers takes a long time and, city wise, costs a lot of money as you have to drag road after road.  Perhaps you could give us some tips on how to do this without loosing it or breaking the city bank, and some download links.  I can't get over how good your coastlines are!

io_bg

Replies

Highrise99 - Welcome to Pirgos! I'm really glad you like it! As for the seawalls - yes, I terraform everything (and sometimes you've to be patient with that). The whole island from the last two updates is 260 m high, which is 10 m above sea level. Of course, the bridges are higher - I don't remember how much exactly, but they're probably something like 40-50 m above sea level. I hope this answers your question ;)
TiFlo - Thanks and welcome to Pirgos! :thumbsup:
RickD - Danke, Raphael! That building you mentioned is called Cathedral of Commerce and can be found in the STEX ;)
kelis - Thank you, my friend! :)
ecoba - Thanks, Ethan! Actually none of the W2Ws re-lotted, everything is like it is ;) And that isn't RHW, it's MAVE-4 :P
citymax - Merci! :P
djvandrake - Thanks, DJ! Always a pleasure to read your comments :)
i_love_lamp - Thank you a lot!
Yan077 - Merci, Yan! :P
travismking - Thanks! (and welcome to Pirgos!) You're right, sometimes you really need a lot of patience to achieve what you've in mind $%Grinno$% The seawalls are made by marrast (can be found in the STEX and LEX, I think). I've relotted them, though, to add trees and benches.
kwakelaar- Thanks! :thumbsup:
Tomas Neto - Thank you, Tomas!
Highrise99 (2) - take a look at the first reply ;)

Update 48 - A rainy day in Almus City

The whole day it's been raining... (just like in my town)

Hopefully in the night it stopped so that you can enjoy this view from the city ;)

That's all for now, I hope you like it! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

djvandrake

I do like it!   &apls A beautiful city.  Nice effects with the rain, but if you feel like showing us the city on a clear day I'd love to see that too.  :thumbsup:

Highrise99

I love the rain effects!  They make everything look so much nicer, although it doesn't get much nicer than Pirgos...   As I said earlier, the coast looks amazing!  Also, the highway networks look great!  I especially like the curves on the raised terrain.

I've been thinking, and I think some evening (or dawn) shots would look really good.  Also, a shot between evening and midnight would look really good near a highrise.

After reading some of the other replies, I realized what I thought to be RHW is actually MAVE!  I noticed the very long curve.  I looks very realistic!

ecoba

Really, none of the W2W is re-lotted, well, it looks great how you have placed it then !  :P  Also it is interesting to know that is MAVE-4, looks very much like the RHW.

The rain effects in this update really do add another dimension to your wonderful city-building, which is already fabulous. Hope to see another great update from you soon, Ioan !  :)

Ethan

art128

Wow, long time I didn't posted a reply there, Ioan ! I really loved that last update, the rainy effect and the last one are really well done. I see you tried to make a picture like Yann's one..  :P

Take care !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tomas Neto

A beautiful city and awesome effects!!! Your MD is great my friend!!!  :thumbsup:

raskolnikov

i've just spent hours going through your MD....can you explain anything about how you've achieved this? or at least the logic behind how you create cities like this..its amazing...another question are you using CAM? ..one more...what percentage of buildings are plopped? any comment would be valued.

Battlecat

Superb work over the last few updates!  I love how your rainy day shots turned out in the latest update. 

Gilikov1994

woow, absolutely great :), love the nightpic and overviews
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

nedalezz

Loved the angle of that last shot :) The rain certainly adds a nice effect to all the pictures :)

io_bg

Replies

djvandrake - Thanks, DJ, more clear-day shots are on the way ;D
Highrise99 - Thank you, in today's update there are some night pictures, I hope you'll like them as well (there'll be more in the future ;) ).
ecoba - Thanks, Ethan, I hope today's update will be no disappointment :)
art128 - Thank you, Art. However, I've never really tried to copy Yan, I've my own and different playing style ;)
Tomas Neto - Obrigado, Tomas!
raskolnikov - Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I'm (still) not using CAM. Almost all of my W2W buildings are plopped, same goes for office ones.
Battlecat - Thanks, friend!
Gilikov1994 - Bedankt, Giel ;)
nedalezz - Thank you!

Update 49

Well, it's been a while since I last played SC4 and updated here! I managed to take a few pictures and work on a few new things, though ;) To start off, here are two mosaics

Two more night pictures - of one of the city's cathedrals

and of the ferry & Simfox's Krost tower

A little teaser of what you should expect in the future update ;)

That's all for now, let me hear what you think about it :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

travismking

I really love those water towers like in the last picture, I use them all the time :D great update as always :)