• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Congratulations!  I've got a number of your lots tucked away in my cities, thanks for your hard work! 

rooker1

All three threads are in OSITM for now.  I have done this because I believe we want your individual threads spot lighted and to recieve the reward, but I can't see any reason right now why a joint thread could also be awarded the a reward for each memeber in the one thread.  I'll leave it this way for now, but you two can use your joint thread for the rest of the month to show case your works.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

kelis

Congratulations Franku,  well deserved OSITM, your work with the lot editor is a great addition for the game, and for us !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Congrats on the OSITM  &apls

Your fields are excellent and saved me a lot of effort & time (pun intended  :P). Looking forward to the entire farm set.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

rambuckel

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

peter007

Congratulations with your OSITM. You deserve it!

-Ernst

FrankU

Although most of my SC4 time goes into the farms set I might just be able to kick in a new Reward lot. So keep an eye on this thread too.

And thanks for the congratulations!  &blush

Kergelen

Congrats on the OSITM. You are doing a great lotting project &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Jack_wilds

got a kick out the 'dutch farm progress days' fair...  :thumbsup:

mike3775

Congrats guys, its well deserved.

Another farm reward?  Oh my goodness, and here I thought there were plenty of farm rewards already(BSC did an awesome job with farm rewards), but even more would be great, especially if it can keep earning stage 7 farms to grow in cities(before CAM, I never got the highest stage farms because the farm demand tended to always plummet right after I got the State Fair reward).  I am all for more rewards  :)

FrankU

Ahm, guys, not too quick!

I showed my first version of my Dutch Farm Fair Reward already. It's just waiting for the Nexis Modern farm prop pack to be released. Then I can finish it.
The next Reward I have in mind is a replacement for the Maxis Tourist Trap.
As you might have perceived I am making a replacement set of many, if not all in the end, Maxis Rewards in Dutch style, In oder to let them fit to my farms set.
New additional rewards is maybe a next project, but do not hold your breath!

Buzzit

congratulations!   &apls i will keep an eye on any future progress! i know you work hard on this project so the OSITM is well deserved!

FrankU

OK, so here is my next Dutch version of a Reward: the Tourist Trap.

Did you dislike the original? Well, I did. It was an ugly, but therefore the more convincing, lot. I nevertheless thought it might be nice to have a nicer looking Dutch version of it. And what is more Dutch than a Windmill with a VVV-office? The VVV, for those who have never visited the Netherlands, is a national organisation that provides information for tourists. The three letters are an abbreviation for Vereniging voor Vreemdelingen Verkeer, meaning something like Syndicate for Tourist Traffic.
Pity I had no sign or billboard available for the lot, but who knows what future brings?

Anyway: an windmill, some market stalls for tulip bulbs, clogs, Gouda cheese, Deventer cake, syrupwaffles, liquorice and other Dutch gifts, a parking lot and the office building would make a good Dutch Tourist information location. A trap, so to speak.
In my windmills set I already used the still version of this Stellingmolen type of windmill. In this lot I use the animated version. Thanks Meurdoos, for this beautiful model.

Here it is

You like it? If yes, I'll upload it.

mave94

I like it! That will definitely fit in my cities and villages. ()stsfd()
Could you give a 90 degree rotated view of the lot (the left side)?
What billboard or sign do you want? Something with the VVV logo on it? Maybe you could give a picture and I'll see what I can do.

-Matthijs

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on May 06, 2012, 05:08:24 AM
Pity I had no sign or billboard available for the lot, but who knows what future brings?

Sounds almost like you would need some BATting help here.... ;)

If MrMAvE94 cannot come up with something, let me know, it will take me 5 minutes to make one, just send me the picture of what you want on the billboard.

Nice lot btw......looks quite nice!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

MandelSoft

Now that's a way better Tourist Trap! Better than the ugly llama-building thingy on conrete ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

That's a great replacement  &apls  I say figure out to finishing details with MrMAvE94 or mrbisonm and get it uploaded  :thumbsup:

Also, sign me up for some gouda and waffles  ;D

FrankU

I haven't been idle these days.

Her is my version of the City Hall. For the building I use the Dutch Town Hall by Haarlemmergold, which is a model of the Haarlem city hall.
Haarlemmergold writes about it in his upload:
The Townhall of Haarlem (Netherlands) is was built in the 12th century by the Counts of Holland and has been transformed into the townhall during the 13th century as the city grew to become one of Holland's main trading cities in the Golden Age. The town hall has been painted by famous Dutch painters as Berckheyde and It still serves as townhall of the provincial capital of North-Holland and is open to public.

So here are the images:

And at night:

Haarlemmergold did not add nightlights, so we presume that the offices are closed during nighttimes.

MrMAvE94 isn't idle as well. He is making some billboards and signs for the VVV-office. I'll show the result when it's finished.

Another thing.
The City Hall lot was originally meant to upgrade to a stage 2 and a stage 3. This, however, does not work in game. I remember that Andresa (SFBT) once made a modd that said to repair this flaw, but in my case it did not seem to work. Does anyone know a modd that indeed does let the City Hall upgrade? In that case I want to make also the stages 2 and 3 before I release it.

I also intend to make Landmark versions of both lots.

Please comment!

Thanks for your attention.

RickD

Nice, I like this model.

I have a city hall mod that works for me. I think it is the one from Andreas, but I have to verify when I am home.
The building does not upgrade automatically, though. I have to select the next stage from the rewards menu and plop it down.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)