• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Maps!

Started by Masochist, April 06, 2007, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Here's a massive hand drawn map I did for playing Dungeons and dragons.  It's original size is 29"x29" in size and was a real pain to scan properly, so it doesn't exactly line up when piecing the parts together.  The map is still unfinished and I've been working on it off and on for the past 7 years.  I started with a pencil outline, then used various ink pens and Crayola markers to color in.  I've yet to drop all the names I've created for this map, but do use ultra fine .001 tip ink pens to write in river names, towns and small bodies of water as small as newspaper text.  I really wish I could turn this monster into a map for SC4.......

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Heblem

that map is huge! if you are planning in doing this for sc4, count whit me if you want help in making this map  ;) you know how i use to make maps  ;D

Shadow Assassin

You know, it is possible to import that into SC4.

The first thing you gotta keep in mind is the scale... choose one that you feel is appropriate, and stick to it. Second thing, just trace over what you've drawn in Photoshop, and work your magic!

It'll be a good project, converting it into SC4 :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

blade2k5

Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of imaging program except Paint and we all know how simplistic that is.....if  that map was to be turned into a map for SC4, I think because of it's size, it would have to be done in sections, or the game would never be able to load it....it's just way to big.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

Man that map is sooo wicked i cant wait to get ahold of it.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

QuoteUnfortunately, I don't have any kind of imaging program except Paint and we all know how simplistic that is.....if  that map was to be turned into a map for SC4, I think because of it's size, it would have to be done in sections, or the game would never be able to load it....it's just way to big.

You could always send me a copy of the map and I just trace it into a format that can be read by SC4Terraformer... then send it back to you for you to work your magic on it.

It'd probably have to be cut up into sections, yes...
New Horizons Productions

Giligone

Great maps! SA, yours always amaze me.

Here's a population density map I made for my city.

niaba

Ps. I just realized it says ass if you don't read it carefully.

Owen Luby

Cool maps everyone! SA you probably know how much I love your ones so I'll keep shut... Blade, That monster of a map is quite amazing. I must put some of my hand drawn ones... I've got draws full of fantasy ones like that, street maps, transit maps... you name it!
I want SC4 back!!

freedo50

Hey everyone, after my mid-sessional exams today, I decided I would get down to business and back to SC4. I'm going to start a new region, and I'm going to start by developing a massive airport. Of course, this airport had to be properly planned first so I started on this, it's not finished yet, but I have plenty of spare time atm (pic is a link to the fullsize 8000x7000 image):

Brownie for anyone who can tell me which airport it's based on.

Fred

dsrwhat316

this is a somewhat crude map of my region of Bevelle:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

tommiej

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol ofcourse!  :thumbsup:

that's easy to tell ;)

i can also clearly see that's not finished. it misses big parts of the terminals, hangars and freight buildings.
Like to see it build  ()stsfd()
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

freedo50

Hey Tommiej, well done on that one, I should have guessed on of our resident Netherlanders would get it ;) The brownie's on it's way! I also have an update for you, I have no lectures this week (YAY) so, I have spent most of the rest of today finishing it off. Here it is (click for the full 7000*8000 pic):

I think it might take a while to build :)

Fred

tommiej

Nice update on your map! it looks very nice and it's a really good representation of the real deal. I'm just missing the 'A5' highway that runs in between 18R and 19 in your map (18R and 18C in RL). it's a highway that was simultaneously build with the new, fifth runway 'The Polderbaan', to ease the traffic flow on the 'A4'. check google earth and you'll see what i mean.  ;)

i also think that it cost a lot of time to build it! but it's worth the effort :thumbsup:
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

Shadow Assassin

Nice maps, though it came close to crashing my Firefox... LOL.
New Horizons Productions

praiodan

You got some nice maps there!... Espacially the Airport Maps and the Pop Density look great!

Here's one I drew quite some time back, and the project of that nation is for now cancelled...

Shadow Assassin

Lovely map, there, but the link's all broken.
New Horizons Productions

praiodan

freedo50

Sorry about that SA, I didn't realise those images would cause problems, changed them to proper thumbnails now.

Tommiej: I don't think I'm gonna add that one in, although I don't know for certain. After all that planning I think I'm gonna let the rest of it just develop.

Fred

Shadow Assassin

Much better, it won't crash or do unspeakable things to Firefox... LOL. :P
New Horizons Productions